• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Beta |OT| Garry's Mod

What's the best class?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lasty95

It's just a bit odd that they're stacked alongside Sparrows and some guns - usable stuff.

I'd love a little flying vehicle. Like a mini Hornet.

jviggy43

I'm not in favor of having a boot option. The strikes are doable with only 2 people contributing. And allowing people to vote to boot a player is just asking for people to be jerks. I don't need two clowns booting me for no reason right before the end of a strike so I don't get any rewards. I'd be in favor of an auto-boot for inactivity if a player is just standing there afk.

I was actually put into strikes that were more than half way done multiple times so it did allow other players to join part way through. It was just random whether it would do it or not.

Eh, this could be solved by having options to search for players with you as the host so that wouldn't happen. Either way given the destiny doesn't have match making this is the way it functions now anyway. The only difference would be removing the added step of using a 3rd party app to find players.

LordofPwn

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the audio. I'm going to try and get some clips tonight but i'm 90% sure there is no audio for your bullets hitting stuff. i was watching the IGN video from today and I hear the gun fire and then i just see damage numbers and then there's a notification noise for eliminations.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the audio. I'm going to try and get some clips tonight but i'm 90% sure there is no audio for your bullets hitting stuff. i was watching the IGN video from today and I hear the gun fire and then i just see damage numbers and then there's a notification noise for eliminations.

As far as I can tell only headshot hitmarkers make a sound. This is a big downside and one of the reasons guns feel like they have no impact.

EL CUCO

As far as I can tell only headshot hitmarkers make a sound. This is a big downside and one of the reasons guns feel like they have no impact.
Yes. Also, they changed the kill chirp to some other sound and I cant stand it. The original kill audio notification was satisfyingly perfect. Now I can hardly tell when I get a kill.

Gator86

Yeah, they fucked up hit impacts a lot and it made all the beta guns feel terrible. No clue why they'd adjust the feedback from the first game considering that was one of it's absolute best features.

Requiem

Damn it's finally over...

Had a great time with the beta overall

I personally didn't see any real issue with the cool downs (in PVP or PVE)

I could probably count on one hand how many times I went to use an ability and was shocked it hadn't recharged yet

More supers in PVE would not be a bad thing at all though

Definitely going to grab this on XB1 and PS4 and probably PC during the holidays when I am able to build a competent PC

Interesting, in my last strike it put me on Nessus with five other people. Both teams advanced together through the strike until it got to the point where there are 25 second revives and then the other strike team phased out.

Finaj

Unrelated, but Destiny 2 icons were just added to WoW's patch 7.3 Public Test Realm (PTR).

It's gonna be weird having a non-Blizzard game in the Blizzard launcher.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just watched a Moreconsole video which pointed out that next to a stack of Sparrows in the Farm there were a bunch of these...

maxresdefault.jpg

New vehicle?

Some sort of flying drone thiing?

Just Farm furniture?

Nowhere obvious for a pilot I guess.

We've seen these in a couple videos on the farm. They look like drones that carry supplies around.

SpecX

Didn't get to play much of the beta due to comic con, but got through the strike one last time before the servers shutdown. I enjoyed it overall, but still didn't get that hook I got from Destiny 1 beta. I'll still be there day 1 and hope things will keep me engaged for a long time luke with D1.

Just watched a Moreconsole video which pointed out that next to a stack of Sparrows in the Farm there were a bunch of these...

maxresdefault.jpg

New vehicle?

Some sort of flying drone thiing?

Just Farm furniture?

Nowhere obvious for a pilot I guess.

The scale of these things when you're actually standing next to them doesn't make them seem viable as a vehicle.

MrBenchmark

I was back to D1 today night fall daybreak and weekly goodies to do mayhem clash. D2 lack of space magic has me worried all these COD PVP babies might have ruined my favorite shooter.

In D2 you can't take on a whole group like in D1.

ASDKrUM.gif
Dunno why people keep saying this. I feel like I got more multikills per time played in D2 beta than in D1. It's nice to have slightly longer encounters. I think I'll play Reach more until D2 comes out.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Beta, where millions of casuals have trouble killing dregs. I could add more to the whole D1 vs D2 thing now but some people already made up their minds about it. Even though it may be worse I'll still play it because I'm never one to let nerfs and stuff keep me from playing characters, etc. Just like in fighting games, community complains about nerfs and buffs and I just continue to play the same characters despite.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Beta and subsequent news has sent my hype from an 8.5 to around a 9.5.

I'm nearly in D1 levels of pre-release hype: it's nigh on dangerous.

Blueblur1

Hoping to hear about a slew of changes being made to the launch game after experiencing the awful tuning of this beta.

Unless they never come because Bungie is historically stubborn as fuck. I still get upset whenever I remember their defense of Halo 2 SMG starts on B.net weekly update posts and forum posts.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Beta is over and now I wait. :(

The game felt fantastic so far. I'm just hoping for a couple fixes:

- Raise power ammo drops in PvE
- Speed up the cool down on abilities a bit.

Hopefully they start going into more detail on other features soon. Minor ones, like whether or not there will be multiple d-pad equip slots for emotes, if ammo synths are still a thing and if there are any other nice quality of life updates like optional matchmaking for missions or future arena modes.

Some of my friends who never played D1 played the beta and thought it was awesome.

If they only truly knew what they had missed in D1.

I'm glad it's getting new people to try it though.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Some of my friends who never played D1 played the beta and thought it was awesome.

If they only truly knew what they had missed in D1.

I'm glad it's getting new people to try it though.

I mean, there's still time. The Collection is like $40 and there's a ton of content to last up until D2.

Dynasty8

Now that beta is over, I can't wait. It certainly has it's fair issues that need to be criticized, but still nothing like it IMHO. Had a blast with the beta and it felt awesome to play with how polished everything ran.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Wow, waited until the last day to make a Titan and man do regret it! If hunter and warlock underwhelmed me during the beta, Titan smashed through my character expectations. I only used the void shield subclass but it was incredible and more importantly fun!! Finally loved an auto rifle and hand cannon combo (exotic AR and Minuet combo with heavy shotgun). I was a D1 hunter main for life, but now I see that I'll play hunter dress up because they still look the coolest, but serious play will switch to Titan for now. Amazing job Bungie. :)

Tei

Neo Member
I have a idea.

Maybe Destiny 2 can implement the Twitch api for "user quests". This api allow the streamer to invite some subscriber to his game. To subscribe a streamer you have to pay money.

- Streamer stream himself playing videogames
- People subscribe to his channel
- Streamer invite subscribers to his game, they play raids, or osiris, they get carried

Streamers kind of already do that, but is complicate and they need to fight with a lot of menus and stuff like that, but with integration it can be a click away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kKoqE-sAb8

Top Bottom