• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 CE and LE revealed

That bag makes this look tasteful:

torso-zb_uk.0.jpg

That bag is absolute trash.

And yet this comment is wrong.

Tenshin

I wonder what kind of vanilla where getting... Expansion pass 1 & 2 again? Hope they did not butchered the game too much...

68GBs and more to come... CE should have included an external hard drive instead of a bag... but I suppose if you can afford the CE, you can afford an external drive. :p

shanafan

Ordered LE for PC from GameStop. Had to spend $10 for release day delivery. Oh well..

PC LE is already sold out...

Keep trying. I eventually was able to order. It was giving me errors prior.

LE being GS exclusive is a huge bummer.

The past couple years, the Activision LE (Destiny and Call of Duty) have only been at GameStop. They probably a deal together. Only GameStop had the Legacy Pro edition of Infinite Warfare.

Already in for the digital deluxe on ps4...i know im part of a much larger issue and im not allowed to complain about hype culture again this year. Still at least i got a neat theme. I put 300 hours in on xbox one and i wish i had played more, i never did the last two raids because i had fallen so far behind everyone else due to relationships, work and other games. Im actively gonna try to keep up this year so i can take part in those raids the day they hit.

Z O N E

Anyone know if you Pre-order on the Xbox One if you'll get charged before the BETA or 10 days before the actual release of the game?

I want to pre-order it and play the BETA but I don't want to get charged now and have £80 charged and then wait months.

Anyone know if you Pre-order on the Xbox One if you'll get charged before the BETA or 10 days before the actual release of the game?

I want to pre-order it and play the BETA but I don't want to get charged now and have £80 charged and then wait months.

Yes any pre order on xbox live or psn will charge you immediatley. Id just wait til you have more availible extra money. The betas probably not gonna be for like another two months. There is no rush

Lima

You will be charged now. Don't do it and give them interest free money for a couple months. Wait until at least the beta will be available. Digital version don't get out of stock.

ViciousDS

Banned
the more I think about it

more than likely I'm going to just get the digital deluxe......I'd rather buy digital at full price than buy anything at gamestop.

I'll go in pre-order to get my Cayde 6 and then cancel lol

tmac456

lol @ LE being exclusive to gamestop. just lost my $$ on that

will either buy standard or maybe go digital. refuse to give any money to gamestop

Gorthezar

Neo Member
I'm a little lost is the collectors edition legit already sold out on amazon or did it never get fully added to the system so they can be pre-ordered?

Z O N E

Yes any pre order on xbox live or psn will charge you immediatley. Id just wait til you have more availible extra money. The betas probably not gonna be for like another two months. There is no rush

You will be charged now. Don't do it and give them interest free money for a couple months. Wait until at least the beta will be available. Digital version don't get out of stock.

Thank you! :)

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I lean toward passing as I got super burnt out on the first game.

If I give in, I'll definitely by the regular version physically. I went digital deluxe for the first game and regretted it after the two included expansions were lack luster (especially for one playing mostly solo or with one friend).

If I give it another chance, I'm going physical so I can sell after beating the story if it hasn't sucked me back in, and I'm moving away from buying any season passes/deluxe editions as content is too often underwhelming, or I just sick of the game by the time I'm done with the base game and end up not playing (or forcing myself through) the DLC I already paid for.

ZeoVGM

Banned
FYI: GameStop has the Cayde figures today. Just stopped at one and pre-ordered the CE there as a backup in case I miss it on Amazon or Best Buy.

Love how Gamestop screwed everyone out of using GCU or Amazon for the LE. Was hoping I could just get the limited edition for 20% off to get a discount on the DLC.

Yes fuck GameStop they're the worst. In a couple years they won't exist so I can take solace in knowing that.

The Bag, the paracord, the solar powered usb charger and the blanket.

Overall, I'd say the LE is your best bet if you're looking for a collector's edition that doesn't break the bank.

Shame it's gamestop exclusive. :/

I broke down and grabbed the CE. Seems like a better CE would be Limited for $99 and the Mcfarlane toys iron Gjally.

$268 total.

As much as I hate GameStop, they shouldn't be the focus here. Activision trying to take advantage of fanatics with disposable incomes by dumping a CE full of crap on them is the real issue.

PSN charges right away and can't be refunded "except where required by law". Xbox charges right away if you're using "account credits", if you use a credit card you won't be charged until "right before release". Microsoft also lets you freely request a refund on pre-ordered games up until release. You can sometimes request one afterwards as long as you haven't started up the game yet.

But honestly, the best bet is a place like Amazon as they don't charge until the order ships but still freely provide beta codes.

LE exclusive to GS LOL.

bad move IMO. Hope they learn their lesson.

It's so disappointing. On principle I just won't shop there, they're always tryna push guides or warranties on you. Not with that shit, nope. It's GameStop desperate, tryna cling on to life. All these exclusive deals are stupid. As someone who played OG Destiny on PS4, I guess this is how Xbox fans felt with all that timed DLC bull.

I don't know about y'all, but I like design of the bag!

Just not sure if I want to spend $250 for it.

Edit:

I need to know this too.

I'll be skipping on the version with the bag, but it's worth noting that either Amazon Prime or Best Buy GCU will get you that version for $200 + tax.

You're welcome. Enjoy that bag.

P.S. Don't use it in public.

not planning on it.

again I think a better use of ~$250 is to grab the LE and the life size Iron Gjally.

however I can afford it and Destiny is my game this gen, I was going to pay whatever they asked regardless of what was included. I am an idiot though so there is that?

Top Bottom