• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Clan Recruitment and Info Thread

Cornbread78

So I have a PS4 Bungie.net Profile and upon signing up it's asking me if my Battle.net account is my first Bungie.net profile. Does anyone know if I say "Yes" and tie it to my PSN bungie account that it will adopt my PSN name or something? Because I really don't want my PSN name to be my Destiny PC account name, but it would also be cool to link it in case they ever do some kind of benefit to linking an old school account.

You can actually sign up for different clans based on the login you use to access your Bungie account.

Meaning, if you log in using your PC login, then you can join a PC clan that way and if you log in under your PSN account, then you can join a clan using your PSN account.

hunchback

Any good Xbox One clans going?

I'm a disabled gamer and play at a slower pace but will contribute to the clan anyway I can. I have never done a raid in my life.

GT: DblTap

Varvor

tato.png

Brotatoes is open again. PS4 members only ATM. 1 requirement is you have to join our discord. I am am trying to maintain an ACTIVE/SOCIAL clan where everyone wants to pitch in or at least chat with each other

Not exactly sure why i found my self removed from Brotatoes clan this afternoon considering i am an active member.

But i am re-applying back.

With Bungie's weird decision to block access to Guided games for a clan with a full roster of 100 members, Sons of Mithras will not be accepting any more requests as we want to stay at 99 members in order to participate in Guided games.

Feels like Bungie tweaked the RNG on the faction packages. Already got a full set of armor and most of the weapons.

EDIT: Crap, thought I was in the OT

Had a number of people from GAF join so far and it's been great to see more people on an around.

If any other GAFers wish to join we would love to have you!

- -

The doors for Vex Resurrection are wide open.

We're now open to all. Whether you're still working your way through the story and levelling, or if you're 300+ and a god in all that you do, you're equally welcome to join the Resurrected.

- - -

The Clan:

Vex Resurrection is a clan made up of a variety of guardians. We have the core group from Destiny 1 that are always up for a laugh and to run things, but we also have members that have joined with their own friends (or largely play solo) and prefer doing their own things outside of quests like the Rat King, Raid or Nightfall.

Go at your own pace, enjoy the game. That is the most important thing we feel as a clan. No pressure for top-end gear, no pressure for high-end light. You do you. We might invite you to stuff if you're online but there's no obligation or detriment to turning it down or continuing to do what you do. We just want everyone to feel welcome to anything we run.

The ethos of the clan is to have people that love Destiny and want a relaxed place to find people to play with if they wish, and if not to help chip away at the goals and receive some cool loot along the way.

Don't worry:
  • If you're not outspoken
  • If you're not good at PvP
  • If you're levelling at your own pace
Requirements:
  • PS4 users
  • People from EST or UK/EU timezones
  • People looking for a relaxed clan, no salt/raging at other members is tolerated
  • People using the app (we coordinate using it – no requirement to join in though)
Our beliefs:
  • Prioritise having a good time over KD or points
  • We should help other guardians as and where we're confident in doing so
  • The last person across a jumping puzzle may be mocked by those successful
  • Loot is love, loot is life
Each week we...
  • Aim to have the crucible and nightfall engrams complete for all to enjoy
  • Have a go at the raid with clan members, even if we don't complete it.
  • Help others with anything they might need doing - especially Rat King / Nightfall

- - -

If that sounds like a place you'd like to call home, then click the link below to join:

Click Here To Join Us!

Varvor

PSA: Please avoid joining Brotatoes clan as it clearly managed by a man who has zero care for their members and all he/she wants is to have active base and if there is any criticism or any kind of actions taken, there will be banned...

tato.png

Fact that i even tried to reason with this man after removing me resulted in ban. What a waste of time it was but at least i know that i definitely showed interest to wrong group:

22089710_10159340228130032_8573508960265899199_n.jpg

22050054_10159340228135032_354166824842436589_n.jpg

22007367_10159340228125032_8208637690381992325_n.jpg

PSA: Please avoid joining Brotatoes clan as it clearly managed by a man who has zero care for their members and all he/she wants is to have active base and if there is any criticism or any kind of actions taken, there will be banned...
Sucks you had that experience man. If you want a relaxed clan with a good mix of activity that's unconcerned about "one and dones" and has people both as a close knit community and as satellites helping push the clan level in their own way check above for Vex Resurrection. From your response in that discussion we'd love to have you.

We may not get all the engrams each week or have strict schedules for raids but we do enjoy having people working for a common goal and occasionally joining as and when they may be comfortable! No pressure, just wanted to extent an invite as I'd rather have someone in the clan who can't play much but is nice and just wants a banner to fly under, over someone active but bringing out the measuring stick every week.

Raiden

Banned
Anyone from Belgium/Netherlands or Europe in general looking for a relaxed clan? Relaxed as in no pressure on gearing and shedule. But we do plan on raiding and progress making when possible. Its just me and my friend so far.

deafmedal

Fact that i even tried to reason with this man after removing me resulted in ban. What a waste of time it was but at least i know that i definitely showed interest to wrong group
Sorry you had a bad experience with your clan choice, but as an admin of another DGAF clan (oddly, with a similar name) sometimes tough decisions have to be made. Since our clan is full if any active members want to invite a friend or two that is not possible unless we kick ‘inactive’ members, although I personally would not do it without messaging both in the clan chat and sending pm’s.

Might have to do this soon ourselves, and it sucks to have to make that decision 😐

Sorry you had a bad experience with your clan choice, but as an admin of another DGAF clan (oddly, with a similar name) sometimes tough decisions have to be made. Since our clan is full if any active members want to invite a friend or two that is not possible unless we kick ‘inactive' members, although I personally would not do it without messaging both in the clan chat and sending pm's.
That's the difference though isn't it: courtesy. "No free engram rides" comes across so poorly before you've even had a chance to discuss the situation or clarified their position. I understand where you're coming from having had clans in other games that reached cap but at the same time I feel like a number of clans shy away from admitting this until they're faced with the issue, and then deliver it with the grace of an anvil. As you understand by your post, communication really is key.

Which clan are you in? Will keep an eye out. Like spotting GAF clans around.

The ๖ۜBronx;250177094 said:
That's the difference though isn't it: courtesy. "No free engram rides" comes across so poorly before you've even had a chance to discuss the situation or clarified their position. I understand where you're coming from having had clans in other games that reached cap but at the same time I feel like a number of clans shy away from admitting this until they're faced with the issue, and then deliver it with the grace of an anvil. As you understand by your post, communication really is key.

Which clan are you in? Will keep an eye out. Like spotting GAF clans around.

Sorry you had a bad experience with your clan choice, but as an admin of another DGAF clan (oddly, with a similar name) sometimes tough decisions have to be made. Since our clan is full if any active members want to invite a friend or two that is not possible unless we kick ‘inactive' members, although I personally would not do it without messaging both in the clan chat and sending pm's.

Might have to do this soon ourselves, and it sucks to have to make that decision ��

Thing is, members were given a week to comply with the discord changeover. This guy has a 300 and a 290 character. Discussed with my clan on how to handle and this is how it was handled.

I removed 25 players. They were all given a week to switch to discord. It was posted in the clan chat and in a ps4 group chat that everyone was part of. The reason for the switch was that too many people silenced ps4 group chat notifications.

It's hard managing a clan. You have to be a community manager. I want to promote positive play within my clan and people that want to play together. I make decisions based off what is best for the clan. I wouldn't of handled it any other way.

Cornbread78

Sorry you had a bad experience with your clan choice, but as an admin of another DGAF clan (oddly, with a similar name) sometimes tough decisions have to be made. Since our clan is full if any active members want to invite a friend or two that is not possible unless we kick ‘inactive’ members, although I personally would not do it without messaging both in the clan chat and sending pm’s.

Might have to do this soon ourselves, and it sucks to have to make that decision 😐

Seriously... I'm as fair of a guy as anyone and haven't dropped anyone yet because I'm not a stickler for being on constantly; all I do ask for is participation/communication. I'm not concerned if you are not on 24/7 as I would kick my own a$$ out of the clan if that was the case, but just drop by and say hello or say thank you to those that are busting out your 4 free engrams each week, lol.

We have 100 members and have a waiting list that just bumped up to 9 people the past few days. I don't want to drop anyone, but there are about 15 or so folks that have not responded to any of my Bungie posts to join the discord. A few also do not have their accounts fully updated, so I cannot directly message them through the Bungie site, which makes it even more of a pain. I'm going to give 1 more shot at sending a PSN message in the next few days, but I want to be completely open and fair about it.

The other problem is guided games. Why would we have to be at 99 members to participate/help with guided games? Bungie, Plz....

The ๖ۜBronx;250178504 said:
I still personally feel that putting "no free engram rides" is a little presumptive and blunt before talking and clarifying but hey, you do you man. You're right though, managing a community is hard through any medium and you can only do what you see as best.

He also could've responded and been a little more sincere instead of saying "after this I barely have any desire to be around here, but willing to swallow my pride and deal with far more pressing matters"

To me and my clan members it sounded like he didn't care and that rubbed us the wrong way.

I have let others back in that were like "I'm sorry, joining the discord now" as simple as that

Seriously... I'm as fair of a guy as anyone and haven't dropped anyone yet because I'm not a stickler for being on constantly; all I do ask for is participation/communication. I'm not concerned if you are not on 24/7 as I would kick my own a$$ out of the clan if that was the case, but just drop by and say hello or say thank you to those that are busting out your 4 free engrams each week, lol.

yep. I unlocked raid and trials engram every week so far. I'm doing my best at managing/unlocking and spreading positive interactions. I try to play with the "loners" as much as possible and spread myself around. Hell I have barely played the game with my RL friends due to this.

He also could've responded and been a little more sincere instead of saying "after this I barely have any desire to be around here, but willing to swallow my pride and deal with far more pressing matters"
To me and my clan members it sounded like he didn't care and that rubbed us the wrong way.
I have let others back in that were like "I'm sorry, joining the discord now"
Sure, but one preceded the other. I don't know, needing an apology before allowing people to return seems odd to me but we have different goals for our clans and expectations of our members. Regardless of those differences I still wish you the best for it all, it's a great addition to the game and it's always nice to see a variety of communities for people to choose between.
As mentioned in the de-stressing thread I'm debating picking the game up. Is there a PS4 guild or something that could take me in if I get it tonight?
See if ours sounds like something that would work, always happy to have new members.

The other problem is guided games. Why would we have to be at 99 members to participate/help with guided games? Bungie, Plz....

This is 100% shit, we're at 99 or 100 members at all times with many requests but we have to reject them because of the guided games stuff. Also, I think the cap of 100 is terrible.

The ๖ۜBronx;250179398 said:
Sure, but one preceded the other. I don't know, needing an apology and acceptance before allowing people to return seems odd to me but we have different goals for our clans and expectations of our members. Regardless of those differences I still wish you the best for it all, it's a great addition to the game and it's always nice to see a variety of communities for people to choose between.

See if ours sounds like something that would work, always happy to have new members.

Nice! Sounds great for me. Picking the game up on the way home from work. I'm from Sweden btw concerning time zones.

Varvor

Thank you folks for your support on this issue.

I wholly understand that sometimes hard decisions have to be made, especially when D2 clans have hard limit of 100 members per clan. As result there WILL HAVE to be periodic purges and clean ups to ensure most fresh and active members are admitted. As result leader may choose certain methods or mechanisms to gauge activity level like pre-requisite need to join Discord or being active with-in 24hr cycle.

But this is where rubber meets the road in the sense, that if leader is able to dedicate large portion of their time to monitor / play all day and night, than i do not think there should be same standard applied to rest of the guild unless its wholly disclosed before/upon joining such guild. Many people have jobs, lives, kids and tasks to attend so logging in to Destiny 2 to raid for 2 out of 7 days a week is quite common for many adults and even youth.

So while getting initial kick from the guild for missing set criteria that otherwise would not have me removed due to being occupied with mortgage/utilities/lawyer paperwork as well as actual physical move from one house to another is just shitty timing and series of unfortunate events.

However, when an affected member is frustrated by initial kick, takes their time and comes back to same clan ands asks to rejoin as it was all misunderstanding and result was ban due to criticisms being shown. Now that's when it comes a completely different matter.

If i was such a freerider and i deserved the kick (subjective to interpretation), all i would have to do is “shrug my shoulders” and apply to hundreds if not thousand large guilds and just carry on with my feeding on them engrams.

Truth be told, this incident has taken too much of my not so free time that i would otherwise spent on playing D2 and in the end it won't make much impact on Brotatos or their tyrannical leader once this thread moves on to next page.

But at very least if he/she is lucky enough to read it it may be a wake up call from being suck prick. As well as serve fine example to other leaders of how things can go sour and what social media can result in.

Cheers.

Nice! Sounds great for me. Picking the game up on the way home from work. I'm from Sweden btw concerning time zones.

Awesome! Not sure how you prefer to work through your first play through but if you ever need a hand give me a shout (InsomniaBass – do add me if you like). I'll be on in the evenings for the rest of the week (BST) and we have a lot of Europeans and EST members that play in their afternoon so should always be people around!

Hope you enjoy it!

The ๖ۜBronx;250179398 said:
Sure, but one preceded the other. I don't know, needing an apology before allowing people to return seems odd to me but we have different goals for our clans and expectations of our members. Regardless of those differences I still wish you the best for it all, it's a great addition to the game and it's always nice to see a variety of communities for people to choose between.

It's not needing an apology. "Hey man, was real busy this week, I'll join the discord. Mind if I get back in the clan" Honestly. It's that simple. And others got back in that way.

Being called a suck prick is fun.

Regardless, this is the end of my responses to this. Good luck to everyone!

The ๖ۜBronx;250180067 said:
Awesome! Not sure how you prefer to work through your first play through but if you ever need a hand give me a shout (InsomniaBass – do add me if you like). I'll be on in the evenings for the rest of the week (BST) and we have a lot of Europeans and EST members that play in their afternoon so should always be people around!

Hope you enjoy it!

I will!

Varvor

I have let others back in that were like "I'm sorry, joining the discord now" as simple as that

yep. I unlocked raid and trials engram every week so far. I'm doing my best at managing/unlocking and spreading positive interactions. I try to play with the "loners" as much as possible and spread myself around. Hell I have barely played the game with my RL friends due to this.

It's not needing an apology. "Hey man, was real busy this week, I'll join the discord. Mind if I get back in the clan" Honestly. It's that simple. And others got back in that way.

Being called a suck prick is fun.

Regardless, this is the end of my responses to this. Good luck to everyone!

Broadbandito, this is where you having a massive misunderstanding.

Your opening message to me labeled me as freebie feeder as well as a kick out of the guild.

This is like receiving insult to (metaphorical) injury and you expect me to apologies for it all in the end. Were it just a kick than i would try to find some common language and provide some degree of apologetic message to appease you.

But if you gonna throw insult out first and than wait for me to suck up to you, than you have wrong person here.

In addition, it seem you took time to look at my toons and acknowledge that i am ilvl 300, i assume you also took time to look at my gear and saw that most of it is from raid environment. So engram freebie insult makes even less sense to me.

Just admit your mistake and move on. Instead you hiding behind comments like "we as a clan made decision" where in truth its uni-direction leadership. I am sure as hell done with your clan as much as you are done with me now that ban was made and i went public with your actions.

Cornbread78

I guess I've just been dealing with clans/clan politics and running clans since RFoM, so I've seen it all at this point from splitting rosters for hardcore/casual to watching clans break in half because of leadership ideals, to adding new rosters to accommodate a large number of new members.

Right now, NeoGAF Gold Warriors represents NeoGAF members from this forum, so we've chosen to run things according to those standards. I've probably played the least out of this group of crazy bastards, but it's been great fun getting help from clanmates and helping others in kind whatever way I can, hence, I've been dubbed their "pimp," lol.

As with all relationships, communication is key to keeping the truck rolling. It's never going to be perfect, but you have to keep things moving the best you can....

This clan stuff is serious bizness guys.
LMAO.

I've seen worse, MUCH worse with some RPG "Guilds"

I guess I've just been dealing with clans/clan politics and running clans since RFoM, so I've seen it all at this point from splitting rosters for hardcore/casual to watching clans break in half because of leadership ideals, to adding new rosters to accommodate a large number of new members.

Right now, NeoGAF Gold Warriors represents NeoGAF members from this forum, so we've chosen to run things according to those standards. I've probably played the least out of this group of crazy bastards, but it's been great fun getting help from clanmates and helping others in kind whatever way I can, hence, I've been dubbed their "pimp," lol.

As with all relationships, communication is key to keeping the truck rolling. It's never going to be perfect, but you have to keep things moving the best you can....

I have managed my own group of nutjobs since the early days of D1 and none of them respect me as leader, but that's how it's supposed to be :D They're probably still around because they see me as one of the casuals like themselves. Also, dependable admins help.

This clan stuff is serious bizness guys.

Lul feetie, you're banned.

maomaoIYP

LMAO.

I've seen worse, MUCH worse with some RPG "Guilds"

Listen up soldier! We had a roll call at 0600 hrs last weekend to take down the objective as a platoon and you weren't there! No freeloading AWOL-ing rear echelon MFs in this platoon no siree! You *will* be dishonorably dischar... What? You already did your share? Contributed to the war effort? Ok you're back in......NOT. You're still OUTTA HERE. Being a platoon commander is a hard job guys.

edit:
GODDAMIT

Hmm clan business is some serious stuff. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the rest of my clan, 20+ people to join discord. Even then, my clan is hilariously silent. I don't mind too much, because those that I have interacted with are awesome. That and we get our clan rank ups and engrams super quick.

Cornbread78

I have managed my own group of nutjobs since the early days of D1 and none of them respect me as leader, but that's how it's supposed to be :D They're probably still around because they see me as one of the casuals like themselves. Also, dependable admins help.

Listen up soldier! We had a roll call at 0600 hrs last weekend to take down the objective as a platoon and you weren't there! No freeloading AWOL-ing rear echelon MFs in this platoon no siree! You *will* be dishonorably dischar... What? You already did your share? Contributed to the war effort? Ok you're back in......NOT. You're still OUTTA HERE. Being a platoon commander is a hard job guys.
edit:
GODDAMIT

Harsh, real harsh, lol

Hmm clan business is some serious stuff. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the rest of my clan, 20+ people to join. Even then, my clan is hilariously silent. I don't mind too much, because those that I have interacted with are awesome. That and we get our clan rank ups and engrams super quick.

Oh you.gif... yup, same here. We've been letting the "silent" ones have their space and some of them are pretty amazing when you look at their stats and they have 2/3 characters maxed, so you can't way they don't contribute... I just want them to say hi and jump in clan parties/raids/strikes/PE farming/ hell, they could go off on a swear filled tangent on Discord and I really wouldn't mind.... Just be part of the team/community , that's all....

BTW, I finally hit 280 last night after doing 3 milestones in a row and getting some decent drops along the way.

Those clan engrams, well... I think I broke them all down again this week... Nothing of note, yet again....

Fjordson

I know this is for GAF, but would any clans be cool with my non-GAF buddy from work joining with me?

Both of us are laid back and communicative with headset mics and are coming up on the end game (269 hunter, he's a 267 warlock). He's pretty into it, played Destiny 1 vanilla through Rise of Iron.

Not looking for a carry or anything like that, just trying to widen the pool of people to play with.

Tendo

I'm confused. Can someone help me out here?

I joined the PCGaf clan when signups opened. I didn't expect to cave and get the ps4 version as well. Can I join a different clan with my PS4 account if it is linked to my battle.net account?

If I can't, what clan can I join with both PS4 and PC characters?

Cornbread78

I'm confused. Can someone help me out here?

I joined the PCGaf clan when signups opened. I didn't expect to cave and get the ps4 version as well. Can I join a different clan with my PS4 account if it is linked to my battle.net account?

If I can't, what clan can I join with both PS4 and PC characters?

You can actually sign up for different clans based on the login you use to access your Bungie account.

Meaning, if you log in using your PC login, then you can join a PC clan that way and if you log in under your PSN account, then you can join a clan using your PSN account.

Here:

The Dude

Hey guys, long time destiny 1 player and lookin to get in with a group that is a fun, no fuss type clan that gets done.

I have myself and a close friend that is also a great player lookin to join on ps4. We both are big time players and will add some nice clan exp.

My psn is Hitman316 and his Is Razer31

Pm me here if you can fellas, pumped to get goin. At close to 270 currently

The Dude

I'm thoroughly confused lol just tryin to see who has what here.. Biggest thing for me is needing EST players. I would hope to join someone that has everything flowing nicely tho at this point.

Cornbread78

I'm thoroughly confused lol just tryin to see who has what here.. Biggest thing for me is needing EST players. I would hope to join someone that has everything flowing nicely tho at this point.

Check the ps4 links in the OP or the past few pages. There should be a bunch of clans there that meet your critiria. Good luck!

The Dude

The ๖ۜBronx;250160234 said:
Had a number of people from GAF join so far and it's been great to see more people on an around. We're now Level 3 thanks to the efforts of everyone, and have people helping others with nightfalls and around for getting together with public events and the like.

If any other GAFers wish to join we would love to have you!

- -

The doors for Vex Resurrection are wide open.

We're now open to all. Whether you're still working your way through the story and levelling, or if you're 300+ and a god in all that you do, you're equally welcome to join the Resurrected.

- - -

The Clan:

Vex Resurrection is a clan made up of a variety of guardians. We have the core group from Destiny 1 that are always up for a laugh and to run things, but we also have members that have joined with their own friends (or largely play solo) and prefer doing their own things outside of quests like the Rat King, Raid or Nightfall.

Go at your own pace, enjoy the game. That is the most important thing we feel as a clan. No pressure for top-end gear, no pressure for high-end light. You do you. We might invite you to stuff if you're online but there's no obligation or detriment to turning it down or continuing to do what you do. We just want everyone to feel welcome to anything we run.

The ethos of the clan is to have people that love Destiny and want a relaxed place to find people to play with if they wish, and if not to help chip away at the goals and receive some cool loot along the way.

Don't worry:
  • If you're not outspoken
  • If you're not good at PvP
  • If you're levelling at your own pace
Requirements:
  • PS4 users
  • People from EST or UK/EU timezones
  • People looking for a relaxed clan, no salt/raging at other members is tolerated
  • People using the app (we coordinate using it – no requirement to join in though)
Our beliefs:
  • Prioritise having a good time over KD or points
  • We should help other guardians as and where we're confident in doing so
  • The last person across a jumping puzzle may be mocked by those successful
  • Loot is love, loot is life
Each week we...
  • Aim to have the crucible and nightfall engrams complete for all to enjoy
  • Have a go at the raid with clan members, even if we don't complete it.
  • Help others with anything they might need doing - especially Rat King / Nightfall

- - -

If that sounds like a place you'd like to call home, then click the link below to join:

Click Here To Join Us!

Tryin to join Bronx but that link just taking me to the clan logo, what am I missing?

Cystm

As per my post last week, I've kicked everyone who hasn't responded to my PMs and posts from the clan.

That means we now have room in DestinyGAF PC || US for new members!

About 25 people in fact.

If you're gonna play in the "Americas" region, feel free to join.
And if you find that you're one of the people I kicked you're welcome to join again. Just making sure everyone is playing in the same servers.

There are also two other PC clans if don't want to join mine.
DestinyGAF PC || US 2
DestinyGAF PC || EU

Thanks!

Sent in a request to join.

Pinq Mafia

If anyone on PS4 is looking for a chill group of people that are most a little older, we'd love to have you join us. Many of us have been playing together since Halo 2 and are looking to expand our clan.

Our only request is that you are fun, kind, and not prone to racist/homophobic language (I only say this because I've run into so many players lately that seem to be perpetuating this).

We'd love to have you, you don't have to be a good player, just a good person.

Top Bottom