• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your de-stressing games of choice?

I still turn on Shadow of Mordor every once in a while when I just need to calm down or get out of a rough spot. The game really helped me with my depression before I got my pills and a time with a therapist to help with the daily fight. Hoping Shadow of War can take its place. Actually debated picking up Destiny 2 because just watching streams helps call me down and gets me focused.

2.gif

What's your game of choice?

Yeah lately, just running around in Destiny 2 is rather cathartic.

But my first thought when I hear de-stressing...

ANIMAL. CROSSING. ALL. DAY.

Snagret

Recently it's been Cook, Serve, Delicious 2, which seems kinda odd considering the game is about managing several moving parts in a stressful situation. There's something very "zen" about it, though. Plus the art is really pleasant.

AuraWind

Neo Member
Pretty much anything with mindless gameplay and collectibles. I feel like I make some progress without giving much thought with games like that.

- Senran Kagura Series
- Hatsune Miku
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 3

Fanservice also seems to be a reoccurring theme. Maybe I just like life and hometown to relax.

Ravelle

A bunch.

Rocket League, I often just disable sound, put on a television show, mind on zero and play some ball.

Injustice 2 is also good with multiverses, turn on a podcast and go.

I also spent like 80 hours in Shadow of Mordor, I pretty much collected every collectable and tried to get every trophy while listening to a podcast or something. Can't wait for Shadow of War.

I always come back to one of the Anno games, it's always so soothing.

Blood Borne too, sound on low, spotify in the background and just relax while going through NG+ or something.

Yeah lately, just running around in Destiny 2 is rather cathartic.

But my first thought when I hear de-stressing...

ANIMAL. CROSSING. ALL. DAY.

Weirdly enough AC and Pokemon don't work for me when I need to de-stress. I think it's because there's just enough thought in it to make it not work for me.

Forza games, Forza 6 lately especially. Extremely scalable difficulty and rewind, so I can stay winning regardless. I always keep the settings just as difficult so that I can win by not a huge margin usually, but it's still feasible, if not else with a few rewinds. It's relaxing because you can correct your mistakes and still feel good about yourself, without having to sweat hard. And it's "routine" gameplay, so I can play it without concentrating hard, which makes it ideal for when I'm half-watching a match on TV or something.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Banjo Kazooie - Freezezy Peak.

Works every time.

Roubjon

DJMAX Respect. Hitting falling notes very quickly feels good and also feels productive in a way because I know I'll get better. Even if I'm playing poorly that day, there are things I can focus on that can help me improve.

Ourobolus

Banned
Stardew Valley - Just relaxing as all hell
Borderlands - I've beaten this game countless times, the difficulty is gone for me, but damn it's fun just running around shooting fools.

Zelda BOTW. It has a chill relaxing exploration vibe to it with minimal music.

Was coming here to say this too. Now that I've beaten Ganon and completed all of the Shrines, there's something peaceful about scouring Hyrule for Korok Seeds using the trail thing on the map to explore new areas.

Dark Souls.

Yeah really.

I get that, was my choice as well. A game where after you beat it I can just run through levels without thinking too much and hit enemies with a huge sword. The other game I was thinking was BOTW recently, just a joy running around and exploring.

Handy Fake

Would be NMS but our boy has it on his PS4 so it's a bit of a non-starter.

So Path of Exile. I find loot-farming to be rather relaxing.

Madden 17 on Rookie

Infinite Warfare MP

They're mindless games and are quite enjoyable if you allow yourself to not care about stats and whatever.

Forgot to mention the Picross games when I'm around. When I'm watching a match or a verbose TV show, or simply following a news show, time to bust that 3DS out and solve some Picross puzzles. Relaxing and again completely routine-based, so you can totally listen to other stuff or concentrate on something else while doing it.

old

Online shooters currently Overwatch. Nothing calms me more like the chaos of battle. It feels good to dominate and win; which I do a lot.

DonF

I used to pop bayoneta every time i was just tired and just wanted to turn of my mind. Its so awesome, but I sold it. Got dmc 4 hd a couple of months ago to scratch that itch...its not the same 8(

Joey Ravn

Banned
Either something very relaxing, like Minecraft or Tetris, or something balls-to-the-wall violent, like classic DOOM or Wolfenstein: The New Order.

It really depends on whether I want to calm down or get hyped.

Top Bottom