• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 comes out on PC in 1 month from today, how many are still excited?

They aren't in easy place.

If they don't do something about AA in PvP then they doom it to be joke that no one takes seriously or even touch on PC. At that point you either use or emulate pad for easier headshots or put yourself into disadvantage.

If they do something about it (reduce it noticeably? remove it fully?) then those who want use pad for everything in PC D2 will riot and burn developers twitters down as game will become drastically harder for them.

I think they struck a perfect balance in the beta. All the buzz about people using emulators to have AA with a mouse was overblown. There are some videos out there disproving the "easy headshot" thing with that method.

I think they struck a perfect balance in the beta. All the buzz about people using emulators to have AA with a mouse was overblown. There are some videos out there disproving the "easy headshot" thing with that method.

Even without the cheating method the AA in beta was definitely a bit too far.

Eh I'm still kind of excited but it's fading fast. I think this will be the "play and put aside" rather than being a game I stick with in the long term. I just don't think it has the legs to keep me interested.

I don't really think poorly of Destiny or anything, I will still have a good time with it. I just think there's something there that could be reallllly awesome but Bungie keeps missing the mark by just a little bit for me personally.

Vuci

I'm much less hyped.. I'm a bit afraid there won't be a big community on PC. Kinda wish I just got it on PS4 instead.. but 60fps is a big incentive.

Strakt

I'm much less hyped.. I'm a bit afraid there won't be a big community on PC. Kinda wish I just got it on PS4 instead.. but 60fps is a big incentive.

I think there will be as there are no other multiplayer games coming out around the same time. Destiny 2 is something new compared to the usual games people play on PC (PUBG, Overwatch, CS, Dota, League, etc..). Will it be as big as console? Prob not. It will def have a healthy community though. Just my thoughts .. anything could happen though

TitusTroy

I was super hyped after the PC beta but as the weeks have passed my hype level has decreased substantially...with the Battlefront 2 beta this weekend my hype is now all in for this...waiting too long means people get distracted and move on to other games

KillLaCam

Banned
I canceled my pre-order today, I have it on PS4 and I'm still gonna get the PC version later. But with Nioh coming out on PC I don't really want to re-grind in 2 games at the same time.
Plus there's no rush since there's not an endgame anymore so ill be able to catch up really quickly.

Finaika

I canceled my pre-order today, I have it on PS4 and I'm still gonna get the PC version later. But with Nioh coming out on PC I don't really want to re-grind in 2 games at the same time.
Plus there's no rush since there's not an endgame anymore so ill be able to catch up really quickly.

There's no endgame?!

So I bought a 1080Ti from frys when the free destiny 2 promotion was going on. They took my email and everything but still haven’t received my code. Called ‘em a week or two ago and they said they haven’t gotten them in yet. Balogna..

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Nope. As someone who probably spent more time with D1 than anybody on GAF D2 doesn't cater to my needs which lead to me play the original so much. Can't really boot up the game and play PVP to chill because of obvious reasons. On the PVE side, they dialed back so much that it was easy to breeze through everything for D1 vets. Prestige raid and IB doesn't offer anything to really keep me playing. On the plus side this lets me play other games which I really haven't done for the last three years or so.

KillLaCam

Banned
There's no endgame?!
Not really . There are activities that would have been endgame in D1. But now those activities reward loot that is not actually better than what you get from every other activity. The loot looks cool but it's not actually special. Plus some of that loot drops like candy now and you even get some for free each week when people in your clan complete those activities. I had some raid armor before I even started playing the raid.

There is, but there's definitely a point where you can say you're done with the game, and it's not particularly hard to reach that point.
Yeah that's a better way to put it. Its a really short endgame.

Nope. As someone who probably spent more time with D1 than anybody on GAF D2 doesn't cater to my needs which lead to me play the original so much. Can't really boot up the game and play PVP to chill because of obvious reasons.
Yeah I played D1 PvP almost as much as I played PVE but now I don't even wanna get on D2 PvP. I had a decent amount of fun on the PC beta PvP compared to the console PvP. But it still wasn't as fun as D1 PvP. I miss the chaos and everything.

cube001

Maybe when the complete edition releases I’ll double dip, I already did everything on PS4 and I’m not interested in pvp.

It’s a shame that I had to play the inferior version while still owning a highend PC. I don’t like the direction that developers are taking by releasing PC versions a while after their console counterparts. I’m a huge fan of Monster Hunter and unfortunately will have to go through the same experience again, only this time, I’m definitely double dipping, but still don’t like it.

I'm getting it for free because of my video card.

Can't say I care too much, though. I've watched the raid, which looks like a good time missed with some real shit and some bad mechanics.

I hated destiny 1. Getting to Max level at launch was shit, as was getting geared.

I understand that destiny 2 is actually fun to play to level cap and still fun to get geared after that so I'm down, but excitement is very low. I'm not expecting it to hit my top 10 unless it just clicks on a way no shooter has in years

Definitely thinking about cancelling my pre-order from amazon that I got for $52 CND (which is actually a really good deal from $80 retail). But releasing in October when so many other good games are coming out for PC and probably another steam sale. I really wished it came out last month when things where quieter and hype was very high.

But now all my hype has died down for the game. I'll probably cancel my pre-order and get stardew valley, hallow knight and a couple other games from the steam sale. Also Mario oddyssey comes out soon after as well.

Koutsoubas

you got 85 hours out of it...you don't feel like you got your moneys worth? lmfao.

Too little for an MMO-like game with ''end-game'' and online components/mechanics. I can play Persona 5/Witcher 3 for more hours and they are Single Player only

played it for 3 weeks on xbox and haven't touched it since. not really any reason to. plus the DLC prices won't keep me around.

my pc friends are all getting it, but i just can't bother doing it again, especially cause i know they'll only play for a month and then stop and not buy any dlcs

Hari Seldon

The hype for this game drastically cooled after all the talk of console players being done with it. I asked my buddy in a raiding guild in wow if there was any talk about it, he said no as there is little content lol. I was on the fence about this but I'm skipping, I doubt there will be any community on pc and none of my friends are going to bother with this. They should have launched pc along with console to at least gain from the marketing push.

Takuan

Thanks for reminding me I need to cancel my pre-order.

I haven't touched Destiny since the week it came out, so I can't see myself having the time to play on PC.

2 weeks from today , us PC players finally get to play!
Need to see something on PC exclusive features and enhancements to get interested again. On the verge of cancellation and I went in with the Deluxe. Hype faded and those sober critique threads are quite loud.

Strakt

Need to see something on PC exclusive features and enhancements to get interested again. On the verge of cancellation and I went in with the Deluxe. Hype faded and those sober critique threads are quite loud.

Ehh critique threads don't really bother me when it comes to games. For me , its more of a try it and see for myself. A lot of people hate PVP and the new 4 v 4 changes, but I played a ton of it during the PC beta and had a blast. Just like Destiny 1, the game will evolve over time. It will 100% have a community on PC.. will it be as popular as ps4? Hell no but it will have one for sure. If the game ends up dying completely ( which i highly doubt), then ill just move on with my life lol. Bored of most Multiplayer games right now on PC anyways, so its always cool to try something new

Raptomex

Didn't realize the console players were giving up. I passed on this one at launch. May pick up some kind of complete edition down the road. Does it suffer the same issues as the first game? I found the first game to lack content and be repetitive. I didn't get very far, though.

Strakt

For those still getting it, I updated OP with launch times, recommended specs!

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...estiny+2+Launch+on+PC&iso=20171024T10&p1=5154

PC_Launch_MAP.jpg

2N2GTa9.png

Compsiox

Banned
I'm mildly excited. The wait definitely hurt. Also, it feels like an old game to me now. People talk like it's dead already. "The fad is over"

Swarna

It honestly took too long, and looks too boring. Shitty P2P networking and no PC-specific gameplay modifications despite working with a completely different audience/control scheme. I probably would have impulse bought it if it came out at the same time but I have zero interest as it stands.

Slythe

Hype has severely diminished for me and my friends. Really wish it would've been day Zane date with the console version. I have gone from day 1 purchase to not sure if I will buy this year at all.

BizzyBum

Even though my excitement has dwindled with all the negative press I'm still planning to grind the PC version instead of PS4. I'm just hoping the PC community doesn't tank over time, though I guess having the PS4 version already would be the backup plan even though it would suck having to grind everything over again.

I'm trusting Bungie will improve the game dramatically over time.

Top Bottom