• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: "Last Call" Teaser, full trailer March 30 10AM PT / 6PM BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, hopefully Destiny 2's improved content creation tools will mean more loot, more often. That way they won't feel like they need to resort to taking away good things and instead they can just add MORE good things.

The non-elemental versions are legendaries right? Better than nothing, i guess.
Specials/heavy are legendaries. Yeah I believe(I don't remember really) that they might be still legendaries. Because they didn't update KF and WoM raids to elemental.

I still feel every exotic should have an unique way of getting it. Having them be random drops just makes it too luck-reliant and makes ypu see people go without a Gjallarhorn for 9 months while others got it the second day.

These quests just need to be more than running a mission you've already run before in a certain way. They managed to get it right with Black Spindle and No Time To Explain, even if their time-gated aspects weren't ideal either.

I think that is a good solution, more special events, time gathing was a pain,but if they opened up unique quests each week to win a gun i think its a great solution to not require grinding.

Something i always wanted in destiny, was a unique enemy/boss dropping randomly in a world every week to try and win an exotic reward. Kind of like a once a week public event , only alot more challenging.

With the amount of staff they had, creating unique weekly guns/enemies should have been easy, but i think there tech limitations would not allow it that easily.

Hopefully with destiny 2 , its easier to randomly drop ina new chest , a new enemy, a new reward every week.

Kyoufu

I still feel every exotic should have an unique way of getting it. Having them be random drops just makes it too luck-reliant and makes ypu see people go without a Gjallarhorn for 9 months while others got it the second day.

These quests just need to be more than running a mission you've already run before in a certain way. They managed to get it right with Black Spindle and No Time To Explain, even if their time-gated aspects weren't ideal either.

I agree that the method to acquire Black Spindle actually felt rewarding. Definitely the best example in the game. They should definitely do more of that.

Year 1 Destiny was about creating that one perfect loadout, the full VoG gear, Fatebringer, Black Hammer, and Gjallarhorn. Year 2 and beyond, especially right now, you can optimize further if you want, and that's been a really enjoyable experience for me.

Oh man, my favorite load out ever. Such brutal efficiency.

Every raid will have that one person.
DearGrotesqueCrab-size_restricted.gif

Kyoufu

This is just going to be a CG trailer, isn't it.

It would be great to see some form of gameplay,

Maybe it'll contain in-game footage of new hubs, enemies etc like the Destiny PS4 announcement trailer.

They're advertising it on TV so it needs to be good.

Midas

I agree that the method to acquire Black Spindle actually felt rewarding. Definitely the best example in the game. They should definitely do more of that.

Agreed. Black Spindle wasn't like the Gjallarhorn or Khvostov quest were you just got a pat on your head like you were a dog.

The good thing about Destiny getting sequels is there is so much asset creation 2-3 games in, they should have a pretty big library of older loot to recycle or modify to use as a baseline, while still adding new stuff in.

BLCKATK

High Five.

It took me 2 months of nightfalls/strikes/constant moon runs e.t.c just to win my first exotic gun. Damn rahool turning shit to blues was almost controller throwing worthy but thankfully i held my nerve.

Whilst i was pissed that my friend playing in the same strike wins a yellow early i was determined to "best" him

Unfortunetely for me he put TONS more hours into it, but i still tried my best. I would even grind weekends just to get enough coins to try and save for xur.

The grind was a pain no doubt, but once i finally won it, it was amazing. Sure i could use a bit less grind no doubt, but keep the nightfall rewards, keep xur and make him meaningful again

I also think year 1 was the only time public events were a community thing. People used to run in and help, it encouraged you to explore maps for the chest / look boxes.

All of that is kind of lost now.

I think an elegant solution to making Xur relevant is for him to not be the one that delivers the exotics, but he should assist in getting them. Increasing drop-rates or something with buff items. I just think purchasing all your exotics off of an NPC is really lame. I like the quest exotics though.

Also just to address your point on the openness of the world, with Rise of Iron Patrol is better than ever. You see a lot more people moving around and doing the patrols,and the environment has more stuff shoved in the little nooks and crannies. Public Events are still fun and active.

xviper

i hope they added matchmaking to nightfall and Raids

i'm positive they will make another masterpiece just like Destiny 1

i don't care about the Expansions, Destiny is worth every penny from me

rataven

Man, this forthcoming trailer has me feeling so nostalgic for Year 1, for the good and the silly.......

there was Dinklebot, purple engrams decoding into blues, the thirst for ascendent energy, dead ghost hunting, Chatterwhite AGAIN, bouncing back to orbit on a whip in Nightfall, five (or was it six?) bounty slots, plain white ghost shells (unless you had the one and only skin from the CE), the jumping puzzle in VoG and then waiting at the bottom for the drunk guy who couldn't do it, spinmetal and glimmer farming, dance parties on the roof of the vendor kiosk in the tower......

I love this game.

It's simple, really. Legendaries don't hold their rndbof the bargain in Destiny. Better loot isn't achieved by simply dumping you the best gear faster. It is achieved by making better loot. And they can make loot better by giving loot more diverse stats.

I think that there is not enough variability for loot game style. Loot game style is fine... if there are like a couple hundred exotics, but there are only like <100 and some are class specific and some don't have year two versions (or didn't for a while, at least).

And the legendares suffer from basically the same problem. They need a system that's more like rare items in diablo where there are many thousands of possible weapons that drop often, though not every one of them is actually very good.

I think that's the only real solution. The stingy drop system was awful, but when they added more drops, they still only had the amount of loot that was available in the stingy system.

No. You want a loot game. I said it back during the launch era, and I'll say it again now. Destiny is not designed to be a loot game. This was never supposed to be Borderlands-esque and to demand it should be is to demand the game change it's design genre.

It's always been intended to be more in-line with MMO style loot. But I'm going to echo an idea that (I think) Everyday Math stated earlier today in one of these threads. Switch the amount of Blue Quality items with the amount of Legendary. Less unique Blues, more unique Legendaries. Have certain Legendaries be unique to specific Heroic Strike. Others specific to Crucible. Then you Tier the Legendaries. Strikes/Crucible/Vendor/Faction stuff Tier .5 to Raid/Trials/IB stuff being Tier 1 (Or T1 and T2, whatever).

Exotics are in a good spot with one weapon, one armor. Have those Exotics tied to Raid/Trials/IB at a lower drop rate than the Legendaries. Tie yet more Exotics to quest lines. Give each faction a unique look, not just paint scheme.

Finally, you give every Legendary the ability to be Infused. So you can keep your Tier .5 look if you want.

For changing play, keep that to the Classes and their elements but add more variety for builds. Healing (probably nades), Hard Area Denial that does no damage, Speed boost (movement or atk rate), etc... And that's where you get your varied playstyles.

ZeoVGM

Banned
i hope they added matchmaking to nightfall and Raids

It depends on the situation but blind matchmaking is likely not the way to go for Raids. Imagine King's Fall with all randoms who aren't using their mics?

It would need to have some specifics behind it such as "game must detect mic" or "must be ___ light level." But either way, there absolutely must be an in-game group creator/finder. Easy to access, directly in orbit.

As for the Nightfall, absolutely. There is no reasonable argument against it.

Destiny 2 needs in-game LFG for Raids and Trials. And optional matchmaking for every single other activity. Anything less would be unacceptable.

I never played Destiny because I got my PS4 kind of late and felt like I was behind already. But recently downloaded the demo and really enjoyed it. Just running around the first area, shooting at stuff, helping other people take this robot beetle down, getting some loot. Excited to be there at the start of Destiny 2.

I never played Destiny because I got my PS4 kind of late and felt like I was behind already. But recently downloaded the demo and really enjoyed it. Just running around the first area, shooting at stuff, helping other people take this robot beetle down, getting some loot. Excited to be there at the start of Destiny 2.

Never to late for Destiny, you do not have to do the raids and dungeons are piss easy even with randoms in matchmaking

Cheers mate.

rataven

You can still jump in! New people are joining all the time. And from my experience, the community is really welcoming and helpful. It's honestly worth it. Destiny is good fun.

Midas

Robot beetle is the best description of the fallen Walker I've seen. :)

sinkfla87

There should be at least two options for raids. Match making and in game LFG system. I mean hell, you could set filters in the match making system to where people have to have a mic, have to be a certain LL, and allow gear preview/stats before joining your fireteam. I don't think everyone saying matchmaking shouldn't exist at all aren't really thinking about these options. In my time playing Destiny since launch and all of the raids I can't tell you how many times LFG was a bigger shit show than if there were contingencies like I mentioned in place. I met some cool people in the past few years and I hope to meet more. I dread all the elitists though :(

RemiLP

Cayde 6 was pretty much the best thing of destiny 1. So him being in the teaser is good news. Now lets see if we can get an actual storry this time.

120v

wasn't terribly big on Destiny but this is creeping up to be my most anticipated game of the year. mainly because this go around will be on PC (yay i don't need to subscribe to PS+ just for one game anymore)

just hope they can iron out as most issues as possible... i really hate Day 1ing MMO loot games

Neolombax

There should be at least two options for raids. Match making and in game LFG system. I mean hell, you could set filters in the match making system to where people have to have a mic, have to be a certain LL, and allow gear preview/stats before joining your fireteam. I don't think everyone saying matchmaking shouldn't exist at all aren't really thinking about these options. In my time playing Destiny since launch and all of the raids I can't tell you how many times LFG was a bigger shit show than if there were contingencies like I mentioned in place. I met some cool people in the past few years and I hope to meet more. I dread all the elitists though :(

I was once in the "Destiny 2 should have matchmaking options" camp...I thought if strikes could work with matchmaking, why not raids? I can tell you now raids require so much coordination, its better to have a mic and maybe its best played with friends and not randoms. I hope Bungie has an elegant solution to this with Destiny 2. People like me who most of the time play solo but don't want to miss out on some of the best PVE contents, and at the same time find it hard to get a group on LFG due to no mics, time commitment issues, etc etc.

sinkfla87

I was once in the "Destiny 2 should have matchmaking options" camp...I thought if strikes could work with matchmaking, why not raids? I can tell you now raids require so much coordination, its better to have a mic and maybe its best played with friends and not randoms. I hope Bungie has an elegant solution to this with Destiny 2. People like me who most of the time play solo but don't want to miss out on some of the best PVE contents, and at the same time find it hard to get a group on LFG due to no mics, time commitment issues, etc etc.

I agree about the coordination but I mentioned that in my post. I don't think MM should be in as a replacement for the current system, I just think there should be both options and with MM have those filters in place to block out those with no mics, or too low of gear/stats, etc. I don't see how it's really all that different from LFG with the exception of having to go on a third party website, you can have a similar UI and setup in game. The only person I had to play Destiny 1 with for the most part is my fiancee and I think a lot of people are in a similar boat. Some of my best friends IRL hated Destiny :(

biggest concern is still if Activision's Led Zeppelin direction, which Cayde-6 is definitely an example of, will take out the good old fashioned awesome writing that made the Halo games good. Taken King was nice, but not quite Halo level fiction. geez this trailer hits really soon.

biggest concern is still if Activision's Led Zeppelin direction, which Cayde-6 is definitely an example of, will take out the good old fashioned awesome writing that made the Halo games good. Taken King was nice, but not quite Halo level fiction. geez this trailer hits really soon.
This game isn't Halo. What's wrong with LED zeppelin? Those live action trailers were basically just meant to represent people having fun playing the game.

Cayde is awesome btw and was a highlight of TTK.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I think he's trying to say he doesn't like his attitude and that the live action trailer had that same tone going for them..I think.

Yeah, it still doesn't make sense. Haha.

What is a "Led Zeppelin direction?" And how is that Cayde?

Why is he referring to it as "Activision's?"

And... what?

Fakling

Neo Member
This is just going to be a CG trailer, isn't it.

It would be great to see some form of gameplay,

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the "reveal trailer" was a traditional Bungie ViDoc with some off-screen gameplay plus Devs talking about the future of the franchise.

Fakling

Neo Member
This had better not be it. A CG trailer is fine, but a ViDoc?!!

They did it for D1, The Taken King and Rise of Iron. Not sure about The Dark Below and House of Wolves. There's always some sort of 1 minute "teaser" trailer + Bungie ViDoc.

Maybe this time they can do things differently, but I would expect a ViDoc to drop soon tho.

I think he's trying to say he doesn't like his attitude and that the live action trailer had that same tone going for them..I think.

Actually I am pro-Cayde6. Really I found the teaser amusing and i think he provides some levity to what is a rather long winded game. It gets rather tiring doing epic stuff a lot, but doing fun frivolous stuff is cool. Hence the Zep direction from Activision I think is a good idea. Have fun with your friends: play Destiny. I just think that the Halo games managed to nail an ambient quiet and somewhat tragic form of storytelling that also should be present in Destiny. Patrols should be all Cayde random chaos. Story time should really fluctuate between comedy and the more epic story missions Bungie is so good at creating. I'm not against frivolity even Halo had moments, I'm just concerned on if one of Bungie's strengths is being traded in for a fan favorite in totality. It's nice that Destiny has a fool, but it needs an Arbiter too.

Fakling

Neo Member
I've to agree that Bungie ViDocs are good and honestly after the teaser trailer I wouldn't mind if they only drop the ViDoc.

zkorejo

Teaser looked good. Never thought I would ever be interested in anything Destiny related. Will check out the trailer and gameplay but I am damn sure not buying this before reading impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom