• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: "Last Call" Teaser, full trailer March 30 10AM PT / 6PM BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
People expecting some gameplay so soon from Bungie doesn't seem like they played the first game.
They hold information from the community like it's gold or something. (Or are deliberately deceptive, eg: microtransactions)

Carn82

nOoblet16

Carn82

I reaaallllyy hope Sony is doing a PS4 Pro package with Destiny 2. Because I still want to buy a Pro, but am waiting on the proper game to go with it..

and i can tell you now that your wrong :) people can finish crota solo, walking bakwards..("oh but kings fall is so much harder blah blah blah")

Of course its better to do with when everyone is talking and coordinating, and everyone is RL friends. But its not NEEDED. I have had raids groups fail and give up on first encouters where everyone was talking, and i have finished raids where pretty much nobody was talking.

Top 1% of players can solo raids after they have massive damage reduction because they are light level 400 doing a 165LL raid.

Have you played raids for the first few months of them being out? Even LFG gives you groups of people who just can't for the life of them perform relatively simple tasks. Essential tasks that would mean a wipe if not completed.

Before even talking about xxSniperkillaxx who just has to use his new exotic handcannon in the raid or has only leveled a striker titan. Or what about KSI SmokeyJ420 who can't jump good and can't play the whole raid and has to leave at the Death Singers cause mom's home with KFC.

I've sat struggling with groups for 10 hours (literally 10 hours on a saturday) spending 8 of those hours at the Oryx encounter. What happens then? Are you prepared to be sat with a group of people incapable of dealing enough DPS or performing the correct mechanics for 8 hours? Cause I'm not in any kind of hurry to get that done again.

jdstorm

Banned
Personally im hoping for a 100% CGI trailer (or gameplay that looks like CGI)

Bungie did great with Destiny's gameplay. D2 is probably going to be fine. I just want to see a big splashy CGI trailer that hints at a fun adventure worth pooring a bunch of hours into.

DocSeuss

LOL
Sounds like DLC is already mapped out
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ny_2_massive_leak_collectors_edition_content/

Doesnt bode well for the Vanilla game...so another lachluster release.

Man, I'm working on a game right now that's planned to release in X time with Y content. We have also considered Z content for post-release support, because, as an online game, it needs continual content updates to remain relevant. If we waited to include all the extra content, we'd be looking at a delay of 3-4 years.

We're also thinking about sequels. We think about a lot of things.

You don't understand how DLC works. The game itself doesn't suffer because content is budgeted/scheduled to be added after the game has dropped.

Pineapple

The trailer today has to be gameplay, right?

It would just seem really odd to create a pre-rendered CGI trailer, only to hype up another CGI trailer released a few days later.

Tovarisc

LOL
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ny_2_massive_leak_collectors_edition_content/

Plan like that isn't any actual news to anyone who has played Destiny before. If that really is their release model then they just copied Destiny 1 and that isn't bad thing.

The trailer today has to be gameplay, right?

It would just seem really odd to create a pre-rendered CGI trailer, only to hype up another CGI trailer released a few days later.

Why it would be weird? It has been done before.

I'm very surprised if we get even 0.5 seconds of gameplay.

inki

LOL

Doesnt bode well for the Vanilla game...so another lackluster release.

So what is it specifically about the DLC (which should be obvious to anyone who played the original destiny) that makes you think the is going to be lackluster?

Is your point that because Destiny 1 was "smaller" than people thought it was going to be or stuff was taken out of the original release only to be released as DLC later?

I'm hoping that Bungie learned their lesson on that move as it would only further alienate their player base and cause lower sales. For a 10 year product that would be devastating. I feel with the new engine and no last gen support they're going to be in a better place to fulfill their vision (and promises) more readily than they did last game. They've learned a lot and since when has Bungie been a "pull the wool over our eyes" type of dev? I think they had some missteps and issues with the scope of the game they intended to make. I have faith they will do better this time around. In my eyes they have put forth A LOT of effort in fixing their offerings (DLC) since launch. Obviously that won't appease everyone, but it's a good start to earning back their trust. Let's give them a chance?

styl3s

Plan like that isn't any actual news to anyone who has played Destiny before. If that really is their release model then they just copied Destiny 1 and that isn't bad thing.

Why it would be weird? It has been done before.

I'm very surprised if we get even 0.5 seconds of gameplay.
Plan like that isn't news to anyone who has played any type of MMO or big online game that is designed to last years and it's actually kind of baffling people are upset at a complete and utter non-issue. You don't go into development on a huge game like this, spend years and millions and not map out future content not only on a game like this but a sequel to a game that was panned for lack of content between the big stuff like Taken King.

I would have been shocked and more hesitant if this didn't launch with DLC plans.

TsuWave

Bungie did great with Destiny's gameplay. D2 is probably going to be fine. I just want to see a big splashy CGI trailer that hints at a fun adventure worth pooring a bunch of hours into.

what? lmao this is the first time I see someone asking for a cgi trailer instead of gameplay. ever. I don't mean this post in a negative way, that just caught me so off guard

styl3s

Why settle for CG let's go all out live action spend tens of millions on AAA celebs and have it represent nothing what the game is like.

I mean the game will probably be fine but at least we will get a sick 90-120 second trailer out of it.

Trickster

People expecting some gameplay so soon from Bungie doesn't seem like they played the first game.
They hold information from the community like it's gold or something. (Or are deliberately deceptive, eg: microtransactions)

They should definitely be more open that they were with Destiny 1. It was pretty ridiculous how vague and reluctant they were talking about certain aspects of the game. Of course the reason for why they did that became clear when the game launched.

So yeah, it would be a good sign from them if they would be more willing to actually give concrete information about the game this time around.

GodVegeta

Neo Member
Oh god even if i see a shot of the Pc cover i cant belive it untill Bungie confirmes it please dont do this to me just confirm it today i dont have that many friends rl but online im a champ so i want to play with my friends online cause i hate it outside PLS BUNGO

Gator86

The drip feed of information, overall, in gaming is fucking annoying. Announcements for teasers for reveal trailers and shit. Just give us the information and show us what you expect us to buy. The hype engine can just go die.

The drip feed of information, overall, in gaming is fucking annoying. Announcements for teasers for reveal trailers and shit. Just give us the information and show us what you expect us to buy. The hype engine can just go die.

yeah the teasers for trailers is fucking stupid. Just release the trailer or fucking dont.

a916

LOL

So... like almost every other game in existence?

I wouldn't be shocked if they have some high level ideas for Destiny 3...

While I agree, the game is mere 5-6 months out. So you're going to get that blowout of information soon (I hope). I personally hate teasers of teasers of trailers too... but I still get hyped regardless so it works.

Trailer dropping pretty soon, soooo, as someone who dropped off before TTK expansion released could someone give me a quick rundown of what happened with the story? I want to know where we're at. Last thing I remember is
killing some kind of giant brain in a... garden? I got the feeling it was important, but for the life of me I couldn't tell you why.

Gurrry

They just need to include more raids from the get go, include matchmaking, make the story missions more engaging than just "press X and defeat waves", and dont lean to heavily into the microtransaction shit.. and we gonna have a contender for GOTY.

33 minutes to go.

23Yj0iX.gif

Gurrry

Oh shit I almost forgot.

MAKE SHIPS WORTH A DAMN!

If we could actually fly these fuckers, man.. this game could be something special. Maybe some type of "minigame" where you have to traverse from planet to planet. Have missions based around getting new parts for your ship like a warpdrive where you can make it to mars or w/e.

Trickster

Oh shit I almost forgot.

MAKE SHIPS WORTH A DAMN!

If we could actually fly these fuckers, man.. this game could be something special. Maybe some type of "minigame" where you have to traverse from planet to planet. Have missions based around getting new parts for your ship like a warpdrive where you can make it to mars or w/e.

Coming from Mass Effect Andromeda, the idea of Destiny 2 making me fly from planet to planet makes me wanna throw up.

Oh shit I almost forgot.

MAKE SHIPS WORTH A DAMN!

And make it the first mission. 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom