• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 officially announced (with a logo only) [Up: Cayde-6 Toy Pre-Order Bonus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

It feels weird at first, and you mess up a lot in the beginning, but soon it just becomes an extension of your fingers.

Do you know how great it is to never have to press down L3 to run?

It's amazing.

What's the difference between pressing L3 and a paddle? My thumbs are still on the sticks so I don't see the advantage of the paddle.

Reading this was a mistake because it never occurred to me. Now I'm looking at controller options :(

It really is great as I can't stand pushing in on the stick to sprint. It becomes second nature and incredibly fluid. I'm convinced I have escaped death in both PvE and PvP a ton because of the increased ease-of-mobility with my Hunter in combination of gear/sub-class and Elite Controller setup.

I don't like using 4 paddles with the elite, the weak grip puts strain on my hands. I put the two small paddles on the top left/right spots and that's usually enough so that I can almost always keep my thumbs on the analogs.

For Destiny I'd probably make right paddle jump, left paddle duck/slide. It's all about making mobility easier. Bumper jumper controls are okay, but they often move necessary stuff to the face buttons.

DieH@rd

Banned
7WB7QAy.jpg

I had a lot of fun, but hopefully D2 will fix narrative style, open up gameplay more, provide better exploration and RPG systems. I have high hopes for it.

What's the difference between pressing L3 and a paddle? My thumbs are still on the sticks so I don't see the advantage of the paddle.
First it's less abuse on your stick
Second with Destiny I had a nasty habit of pressing in l3 to run and then stop to aim and shoot and my gun would jam, there would be a animation hiccup almost. That stopped happening when I had a dedicated run button.
Third....It just feels better when playing, one less input. Guess you can't really experience it until you try it but it just feels great.

Right now my set up is
Top Left Small Paddle - jump
Bottom left - sprint

Top right reload/revive
Bottom right - slide/crouch

Either way it's coming this week. Even if we don't get anything today. You don't ship out all the early pre-order bonuses (Cayde-6, Poster) unless reveal / pre-orders are imminent

Blueblur1

"shinobi602‏ @shinobi602
And next month, media/press should be getting some hands on time with Destiny 2 I'm told."

The game might be content complete at this point, no? I feel that this bodes well. Hopefully preview coverage consists of a couple missions.

Just delete people. You'd lose all the free games otherwise.
Games I never play, I'll still have that account on the system I just won't activate psn on that one anymore. It takes too long to delete people, If there was a select all it would make life easier.

Also hate my psn id and want a new one.

Kyoufu

I hope the press is savage. After the D1 launch, D2 deserves no benefit of the doubt on anything in any context.

Destiny didn't get 9s and 10s from critics, and there's not much you can be "savage" about in a confined playing environment. If you want critique, you'll get that once the press are actually playing the game along with everyone else at launch.

Gator86

Destiny didn't get 9s and 10s from critics.

Not reviews, I meant extremely critical in their previews and not overly bubbly or soft expecting things that aren't great now to be smoothed out. I'm not sure reviews for this are going to matter at all unless it absolutely bombs.

Gator86

Would you like to see the destiny franchise succeed?

I would like thoughtful and critical coverage of the second title in a franchise where the first game was an unfinished mess dropped on an unsuspecting playerbase. I don't think Bungie deserves the benefit of a doubt on anything anymore. My desire to see the franchise succeed or not is irrelevant - it's a ridiculous juggernaut and probably one of the top selling games this year. That said, why wouldn't I want the game to be good? I was hype for the first one and love loot games. Not wanting fawning media coverage is not analogous to wanting a game to fail.

I would like thoughtful and critical coverage of the second title in a franchise where the first game was an unfinished mess dropped on an unsuspecting playerbase. I don't think Bungie deserves the benefit of a doubt on anything anymore. My desire to see the franchise succeed or not is irrelevant - it's a ridiculous juggernaut and probably one of the top selling games this year.
You do realize over the last 3 years that the game has changed a lot since initial release correct?

It is kind of relevant, because it helps me determine if you are just here to be negative with every post in this thread regardless of how much effort they put into the game, or you're a fan that wants to see them do better.

Gator86

You do realize over the last 3 years that the game has changed a lot since initial release correct?

It is kind of relevant, because it helps me determine if you are just here to be negative with every post in this thread regardless of how much effort they put into the game, or you're a fan that wants to see them do better.

I've played the game since release so I'm aware. I still think there's huge, fundamental issues with the game. I'm not sure it's essential to try and put someone in the fan/haterz dichotomy to respond to things they saying. I want a game that lives up to all the shit they promised and didn't deliver on with D1 and want people to have a better idea of what they're getting with this game. Nothing Bungie has done to D1 since release makes me want to give them the benefit of the doubt on anything.

I've played the game since release so I'm aware. I still think there's huge, fundamental issues with the game. I'm not sure it's essential to try and put someone in the fan/haterz dichotomy to respond to things they saying. I want a game that lives up to all the shit they promised and didn't deliver on with D1 and want people to have a better idea of what they're getting with this game. Nothing Bungie has done to D1 since release makes me want to give them the benefit of the doubt on anything.
The game you want doesn't exist, sorry
I don't know where your expectations are at. Part of the reason why they haven't been showing things sooner is because they learned lessons from the first game. They had ideas, some of them were announced prematurely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom