• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT| Here We Go Again

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You could argue that it doesn't matter that they don't include the raid in their review. The raids have always been a tier above everything else the game had to offer, and I expect the same here. The reviews could focus on what D1 did wrong and how D2 may fix those things and I think a lot of people would appreciate that.
You could argue that, and I would continue to argue that it does matter, enormously.

A review can of course choose to focus on whatever it wants. Good points will admit up front that they are incomplete and are reviewing what is available, and that their opinions may or may not change once having experienced all the content. But that's a significant chunk of the game that simply won't be addressed, and potentially the most meaningful content.

JHall

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Theorry

I would do this if I didn't have full time job. Or a wife. And two kids.

I tried early on with D1 and it didn't work out well. :lol

Wasnt that bad really. I mean it was a pain to do in year 1. But after TTK it was pretty easy to level up with weapon switching and getting better gear because of that. And playing different classes really increased the longevity of the game for me. :)
I think its even gonna be less hard in D2.

The ๖ۜBronx;247886486 said:
One must be first though. That's the tough one. First one to run through the story with. Obviously you have to have all three with time though. What heathen wouldn't?

The first one should be the one you started D1 with. That first love. :D
For me its gonna be Hunter, Titan, Warlock.

Is it confirmed that Destiny 2 on PS4 Pro downsamples on 1080p TVs? I've seen one video that says it does and another site says it doesn't (as far as the Beta went). Tried finding some more concrete info but didn't see any. I know some games have separate options for enabling/disabling downsampling and in other games it's just automatically done.

I would like to know the same, can't find any concrete info anywhere. Downsampling would be amazing for us 1080 scrubs.

Yep. Downsampling is in.

Unstable

Those of you who Played Titan in the Beta...

did it make you switch your main to Titan?
did it turn you off from the Titan Class?
Sticking with your Hunter? :D

I mained Titan ever since the Destiny 1 Alpha. I have always done every piece of content first on Titan in Destiny 1.(and so did everyone else who chose correctly). Needless to say, my skates were well worn.

Having spent a considerable amount of time in the Destiny 2 Beta both in PVE and PVP, on both PS4 and PC. It brings me no joy to say that Titan isn't exactly that utility class that they once excelled at being, and they lost their ice skates in the process* (more on that in a bit).

Bungie decided to shift the majority of Titan utility skills to...

Warlock...

I imagine the conversation went something like this...

Deej spots Luke approaching the Bungie building. "Hey! Mr. Smith! I have a great idea! Please-jus -just hear me out!"
Luke, with an audible sigh, turns towards Deej., and responds -"No. No! For the last time, I am not going spend my entire weekend losing in Trials of Osiris with You and Mantis. Not now, not next week, not ever." as Luke storms off, he quips, "Not making that mistake again."

Deej was in tears.

Luke.. Stopped in his dead in his tracks.. - "He-hey... Don-... I didn't mean as an insu-Stop cryi-" -"Mr. Smith?" Deej said softly... "Uh...It's Luke. Call me Luke." Deej sprung back up, as if he had a new lease on life. "Uh... How about we make a comprise? If you stop bugging me about Trials, I'll implement whatever you crazy you can think of, in D2. That's a one time offer."

Deej, filled with newfound determination, stood his ground. Looking Luke firmly dead-on.

"How about you just give Warlocks;Weapons of Light, Blessing of Light, fastest movement, fastest regen, most utility, best jump, raze lighter, Twilight Garrison. ,Oh, and Take blink away from hunters."

"Done." (Luke grabbed Deej by the collar of his age of triumph T-shirt, which he'd presumably bought on Ebay.) "But, if I ever hear you even mention PvP. Not only is the deal off. I'll make Xur sell Sunbreakers for 4 months straight. Do you understand?

Deej nods, and both men part their separate ways....

(10 seconds later. Aprox.)
< "I've made a huge mistake." Punished Deej mumbles to himself.
< "I've made a huge mistake." Venom Smith mumbles to himself.

GhaleonEB

Wasnt that bad really. I mean it was a pain to do in year 1. But after TTK it was pretty easy to level up with weapon switching and getting better gear because of that. And playing different classes really increased the longevity of the game for me. :)

I think its even gonna be less hard in D2.

I never got a second character through the Taken War. I loved all the missions but they were gated behind a whole lotta grinding and public event farming. (All of which, if even present, will be easier due to the maps in D2.)

owlbeak

A lot of Warlock disrespect in this thread.

I love Warlocks. It was my main in D1 up until TTK, but my ground of friends had too many Warlocks and eventually, our only Titan quit the game, so we had 2 Hunters/3 Warlocks, so I had to bite the bullet and go Titan for the sake of our team. Sadly, I have to do the same for D2 since everyone else is unwilling to change. But I'll have a Warlock secondary. Still a Warlock at heart. :'(

jbortz78

Finally starting to feel the hype rising to ridiculous levels the last couple of days..!

Still leaning towards Warlock like I played in D1 but Titan hmmm..

Just sad my brother in arms is away in AU until early November...:(
Well at least I'll have time to figure out and change class if needs be.

Ps great job on the OT!

I didn't get a chance to play the beta so I'm watching a playthrough of it on YT. It seems... disjointed. Was this done intentionally to limit spoilers?

I mained Titan ever since the Destiny 1 Alpha. I have always done every piece of content first on Titan in Destiny 1.(and so did everyone else who chose correctly). Needless to say, my skates were well worn.

Having spent a considerable amount of time in the Destiny 2 Beta both in PVE and PVP, on both PS4 and PC. It brings me no joy to say that Titan isn't exactly that utility class that they once excelled at being, and they lost their ice skates in the process* (more on that in a bit).

Bungie decided to shift the majority of Titan utility skills to...

Warlock...

I imagine the conversation went something like this...

Deej spots Luke approaching the Bungie building. "Hey! Mr. Smith! I have a great idea! Please-jus -just hear me out!"
Luke, with an audible sigh, turns towards Deej., and responds -"No. No! For the last time, I am not going spend my entire weekend losing in Trials of Osiris with You and Mantis. Not now, not next week, not ever." as Luke storms off, he quips, "Not making that mistake again."

Deej was in tears.

Luke.. Stopped in his dead in his tracks.. - "He-hey... Don-... I didn't mean as an insu-Stop cryi-" -"Mr. Smith?" Deej said softly... "Uh...It's Luke. Call me Luke." Deej sprung back up, as if he had a new lease on life. "Uh... How about we make a comprise? If you stop bugging me about Trials, I'll implement whatever you crazy you can think of, in D2. That's a one time offer."

Deej, filled with newfound determination, stood his ground. Looking Luke firmly dead-on.

"How about you just give Warlocks;Weapons of Light, Blessing of Light, fastest movement, fastest regen, most utility, best jump, raze lighter, Twilight Garrison. ,Oh, and Take blink away from hunters."

"Done." (Luke grabbed Deej by the collar of his age of triumph T-shirt, which he'd presumably bought on Ebay.) "But, if I ever hear you even mention PvP. Not only is the deal off. I'll make Xur sell Sunbreakers for 4 months straight. Do you understand?

Deej nods, and both men part their separate ways....

(10 seconds later. Aprox.)
< "I've made a huge mistake." Punished Deej mumbles to himself.
< "I've made a huge mistake." Venom Smith mumbles to himself.
I can't even..

Once I get started on D2 (after we buy a house and I get my PS4 set up again), I will be maining a warlock.

But they are still trash. We all know this :)

It's not my fault Bungie nerfed #huntermasterrace into the dirt.

OmegaX0

Haven't kept up with any news since the beta, is there any indication that Hunters will be less underwhelming than they were there?

noomi

Ah, i didnt realize bubble was still in, only really played hunter in the beta.

Bummer about no more Weapon/Armor buffs though :(

FyreWulff

i had all 3 classes but in total honestly i kinda sorta played my hunter and my warlock was pretty much left for dead and pretty much spent 3 years being leveled up solely via vault transfers : p My Titan is almost at 700 hours played, the Hunter is about 30 and the Warlock about 15.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I have a Nova Bomb with each of your names on it... My Void, it Hungers

Warlock Disrespect will not be had with the gargantuan Tin Cans that are Titans or the Fashionistas that cover the back lines of the Squad as those Hunters
Us Warlocks reign supreme, we deciphered and Honed our skills in the Light, w/o us you wouldn't even gain the Travellers blessings

*Space Magic Intensifies*

GhaleonEB

Hunter, always. Nightstalker + Way of the Pathfinder + Gambler's Dodge = invisibility for EVERYONE, AoE spam EVERYWHERE!

Smoke grenades were the greatest thing ever. I love reviving Guardians (usually dead Warlocks) from camo and dropping a smoke bomb we both get out of fire unscathed.

Top Bottom