• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT| Here We Go Again

Vire

Sounds like they have not improved the raid experience for working family people and parents. :(

I just don't have the time to sit for four hours straight anymore playing a game.

Couldn't we have some checkpoints or something after each boss? With no resets on progress and matchmaking?

Kind of sad now.

Sounds like they have not improved the raid experience for working family people and parents. :(

I just don't have the time to sit for four hours straight anymore playing a game.

Couldn't we have some checkpoints or something after each boss? With no resets on progress and matchmaking?

Kind of sad now.

Wait there are no checkpoints now?

Kind of sad now.

Hasnt there always been a checkpoint after each section? Or do you mean for it not to reset on tuesdays as well?

shermas

Do story, everything end game is tied to it

Either farm hit 265-270+ in starting EDZ zone farming Chests, HVT, PTE, enemies, then steam roller through Story

Take rough 6-8 hours+ to farm, then 3.5 hours for story
I did it that way and got way ahead of the currency curves

3.5 hours for story? Teach me your ways

JWiLL

Banned
I watched a bit of streams and all I'll say is...damn this raid is going to look incredible on PC. It's beautiful as is on console, but the environments are really stellar.

Also very Warframe-ish, from what I saw on Twitch I'm not the only one to make that connection.

Now...if we can just get Bungie to borrow a bunch of other stuff from Warframe we'll be good :D

eh, reset is crucial for the loot rotation.

tbh what attracts me to raids is how hardcore the experience is, I wouldn't dig it if they watered them down.

I think they should include something between a raid or a strike that has LFG attached to it. I understand that is generating more content but still it would be a good in between.

LiK

Kind of sad now.

That's par for the course for raids in general. Gotta plan ahead if you wanna play with a group and complete it.

pantsmith

Hey friends,

Looking for 2 more raiding buddies for a fresh, blind raid run at 5pm EST today (in 30 minutes). I have a fireteam of 4 right now who've all raided together and are nearly ready to go. We're very chill and looking to take this at our own pace, and aside from being 270+ no prior raid experience is necessary.

Gaf players are generally my favorite, so looking here first! If youre interested and can 100% commit to 5pm EST for as long as it takes (it'll probably be a while), please shoot me a message on psn (not here!) at psn: pantsmith letting me know.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's par for the course for raids in general. Gotta plan ahead if you wanna play with a group and complete it.

There are checkpoints though, people need to stop taking everything they read on reddit at face value.

TyrantII

First raid wasn't cleared for almost 8 hours...

Wasn't it 10?

I also remember being disappointed that the subsequent Raids seemed to fall easier to the fireteams playing them.

Destiny Raid Designer has to be one of the hardest game jobs in the world IMO. There's a fine line in coming up with mechanics that are fun and not too punishing, and those that are terribly annoying and convoluted. Plus to keep it fresh you kinda of need to think up totally new mechanics out of the box, outside of the over arching set pieces. And there's probably and engine guy in the room telling you they "don't have any way to do that".

I do not envy those guys and gals.

Do story, everything end game is tied to it

Either farm hit 265-270+ in starting EDZ zone farming Chests, HVT, PTE, enemies, then steam roller through Story

Take rough 6-8 hours+ to farm, then 3.5 hours for story
I did it that way and got way ahead of the currency curves

Wait how do you blast through in 3.5 hours for the story? I'm on my Titan alt now and it is so slow. And it doesn't help that Titans move like boulders.

So on the Giant Bombcast, Brad said something about saving some drops until you hit a certain level? What was he talking about? I'm starting the game today, haven't played Destiny since its first month.

Wasn't it 10?

I also remember being disappointed that the subsequent Raids seemed to fall easier to the fireteams playing them.

Destiny Raid Designer has to be one of the hardest game jobs in the world IMO. There's a fine line in coming up with mechanics that are fun and not too punishing, and those that are terribly annoying and convoluted. Plus to keep it fresh you kinda of need to think up totally new mechanics out of the box, outside of the over arching set pieces.

They should hire WoWs raid design team

I wanna see the complexity of say, Gul'Dans boss fight in Destiny.

TyrantII

So on the Giant Bombcast, Brad said something about saving some drops until you hit a certain level? What was he talking about? I'm starting the game today, haven't played Destiny since its first month.

Look for power leveling guides. But quick and dirty is to leave the Blue crest planet "quests" untill you're 265+ LL.

Cob32

Don't complete any milestones that have "powerful gear" as a reward until you get to power level 265.

Don't turn in any milestones that reward "Powerful gear" until you get to 265-275. If you do, no big deal. I'm in the 290's and did a lot of the leveling sub-optimally.

Santiako

That's just if you are looking to minmax, otherwise it's no big deal, as they reset weekly.

FyreWulff

Wasn't it 10?

Destiny Raid Designer has to be one of the hardest game jobs in the world IMO. There's a fine line in coming up with mechanics that are fun and not too punishing, and those that are terribly annoying and convoluted. Plus to keep it fresh you kinda of need to think up totally new mechanics out of the box, outside of the over arching set pieces. And there's probably and engine guy in the room telling you they "don't have any way to do that".

Raids in any MMO get cleared faster and faster as the playerbase collectively figures out how to optimize the game

This even happened to WoW.

hVp4l6O.png

Dineren

Banned

Keep in mind this is only needed if you are in a hurry to get to the max level. Even if you grab the rewards the second they are available it won't take you long to be raid ready.

Crash331

Talos Principle 2, haha, that nails it. I liked that game, but I don't want Talos in my destiny. I doubt I'm ever going to do this raid unless I can just join a group that has it down to a science.

TyrantII

They should hire WoWs raid design team

I wanna see the complexity of say, Gul'Dans boss fight in Destiny.

Maybe, but being a FPS introduces it's own challenges. I would love to see healer / cast mechanics added to one at some point.

Maybe two guardians that hold Aegis' and have to keep a particle stream created by it pointed at third while three run add control to empower their attacker.

There's a lot of places they could go with cool mechanics that I felt D1 probably couldn't support, maybe maybe this game can if they thought to put the systems in the engine.

Anyone else having issues finding groups right now? Tried to do a strike and didn't find anyone. Now 8've been sitting at 1/8 for a crucible match for eternity.

Top Bottom