• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

So from the raid I've gotten:

Inaugural Address
Mob Justice
Rocket Launcher (can't remember name)

I've heard the RL is good, how about the other two?

Like 10 posts here in an hour, including this one bitching about the lack of posts.

SAD!

Seriously I hope they have some D1 vanilla to TTK levels of improvement for D2 in store because I hate to see Destiny go out like this. They haven't even said a word about sales still I don't think. =(

9:30am East Coast US/6:30am West Coast US time on a Wednesday.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Inaugural Address
Mob Justice

Inaugural Address is a pulse, so that answers that question. I think it has good perks, but there's no reason to use an energy pulse when they are outclassed by auto rifles and scouts. Pulses are not in a good spot right now for the most part.

Mob Justice - it's okay. Not bad, not great. No real reason to use it in an energy slot. If you want to rock an SMG there are better options.

Raid rocket ( Sins of the Past) is one of the best heavy weapons in the game.

Inaugural Address
Mob Justice

uhhh

not so good

Best raid gear is the RL, Sword, Auto Rifle, Scout Rifle and Hand Cannon

the rest of the weapons are mediocre

Like 10 posts here in an hour, including this one bitching about the lack of posts.

SAD!

Seriously I hope they have some D1 vanilla to TTK levels of improvement for D2 in store because I hate to see Destiny go out like this. They haven't even said a word about sales still I don't think. =(

Most people on GAF are using the discord channels

Way quicker to find groups and discuss.

noomi

Legendary Kinetic Damage mods pls.

I've gotten 2 so far. One went into Origin Story, the other went into Dire Promise. Need one more for Nameless Midnight please :(

amar212

I've gotten 2 so far. One went into Origin Story, the other went into Dire Promise. Need one more for Nameless Midnight please :(

Have glimmer. Buy blue mods. Take free purple mods you can exchange. Dismantle purple mods. Use mod components to purchase random wapon mods. Profit.

Frostburn

They seem pretty rare, I don't seem to get any mods to drop out in world, or at least not enough to ever notice (I've never gotten a mod and been like, yes! I needed that!)

purg3

slept with Malkin

I actually got one from a gunsmith rep package last night. First time I've ever seen that drop. I feel the RNG for these are slightly skewed, considering it should be a 1 in 4 chance to get one...I find yelling at the screen helps.

E92 M3

I am loving the fact that I have all characters at 305, all exotic weapons, and most exotic armor. Now I can just relax, do my milestones, raid, and trials.

My favorite part of Destiny is when I am just on cruise control and enjoying the shooting.

X-Frame

Midnight Coup (the hand cannon) is a lot of fun and very strong in lower level content, but it does have a lower range and is a bad archetype for Crucible. It's range is its downfall, so if you're doing a Prestige NF and gotta stay at range, you might want something with better range. It's my favorite gun at the moment, fwiw.

Actually I’m hearing more than the faster 150 RPM Handcannon archetypes are great for Crucible. Dire’s Promise From Dead Orbit as an example.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/741zrf/massive_breakdown_of_recommended_legendary/?st=J8D30JUJ&sh=d2660ecc

void666

Banned
Raiding night. Two guys were not very skilled. Third one had the attention span of a goldfish. And would often forget what he was doing or had to have everything explained to him multiple times.
Instead of making it to Calus early we were stuck in raid hell. Wiping over and over again for nearly three hours. Finally we gave up at the gauntlet. At least i got me some tokens. Yay.

Everything up to Calus is easy and forgiving as fuck. We always mess up at the dogs and still manage to complete it.
But with some players it's like banging your head against a wall.

noomi

Have glimmer. Buy blue mods. Take free purple mods you can exchange. Dismantle purple mods. Use mod components to purchase random wapon mods. Profit.

This is what I tried this morning, got down to about 10K glimmer and stopped because I ain't gonna be no broke guardian :p

They seem pretty rare, I don't seem to get any mods to drop out in world, or at least not enough to ever notice (I've never gotten a mod and been like, yes! I needed that!)

I actually got one from a gunsmith rep package last night. First time I've ever seen that drop. I feel the RNG for these are slightly skewed, considering it should be a 1 in 4 chance to get one...I find yelling at the screen helps.

This along with the legendary reload mod seem to be the most rare. That's ok, I'll keep trying. Gives me something to chase :p

Kyne

2 sets down, about 3-4 more to go.

WrVOdL4.jpg

#Dresstiny.

Raiding night. Two guys were not very skilled. Third one had the attention span of a goldfish. And would often forget what he was doing or had to have everything explained to him multiple times.
Instead of making it to Calus early we were stuck in raid hell. Wiping over and over again for nearly three hours. Finally we gave up at the gauntlet. At least i got me some tokens. Yay.

Everything up to Calus is easy and forgiving as fuck. We always mess up at the dogs and still manage to complete it.
But with some players it's like banging your head against a wall.

I'd say even calus is pretty tame. I don't understand how much difficulty some people have doing platforming. End of the gauntlet is a real make or break for some people.

I'd say even calus is pretty tame. I don't understand how much difficulty some people have doing platforming. End of the gauntlet is a real make or break for some people.

Third person jumping into holes with the floor falling out on the other side isn't all that easy for people who haven't spent a ton of time inside the track getting used to it happening. Add to that the speed needed and the fact that there are 5 other people that can bump into each other and it's not going to be smooth for everyone.

Third person jumping into holes with the floor falling out on the other side isn't all that easy for people who haven't spent a ton of time inside the track getting used to it happening. Add to that the speed needed and the fact that there are 5 other people that can bump into each other and it's not going to be smooth for everyone.

Pro tip: the light colored parts are the ones that drop away, so if you stay on the dark panels it's much easier.

This caught me off guard and made me laugh, thank you

As far as mods, I didn't even realize the kinetic mods were that rare till a few buddies mentioned how they've received like, one this whole time. I think I have like 3-4 in my inventory and I've used 2 others I had prior. Glad I've been getting lucky with these then!

Even then you have time to
jump off the panels as they go down. As long as folks call out which one they're taking and you alternate which runner teams pick up orbs it shouldn't be that bad. Even my first time as a runner it wasn't an issue hitting the right rings and avoiding the floor issues.

I get this is a shooter and not a platformer but it gets frustrating when you get a group that can't manage the platforming.

Pro tip: the light colored parts are the ones that drop away, so if you stay on the dark panels it's much easier.

The tricky part isn't finding the path as much as the sections where you don't have much landing space immediately following a gate. Sprinting and jumping through mid or top and having a short landing area before a large part of missing floor catches people off guard until they have the track more or less memorized.

Even then you have time to
jump off the panels as they go down. As long as folks call out which one they're taking and you alternate which runner teams pick up orbs it shouldn't be that bad. Even my first time as a runner it wasn't an issue hitting the right rings and avoiding the floor issues.

I get this is a shooter and not a platformer but it gets frustrating when you get a group that can't manage the platforming.

In some sections you have time. In others the floor is already gone. The point I'm making is that unless you've run the track a lot, there are enough factors involved that it's tricky. From my experience the issues people have come from the relatively tight space of the holes in the gate combined with having to sprint to beat the timer. Though the third person angle also exacerbates this for me, personally.

Badgerst3

I've already completed the raid a few times, but my normal group already finished it up so I decided to LFG within Discord. Joined Silvard and a team of DRGaf players. Really nice group of guys :)

Raid went pretty smooth, and we finished it up in about an hour and a half, with some good laughs along the way.

They had slightly different strategies for the encounters than what my normal group would do each week, and it was refreshing to see a different groups take on how to tackle these encounters.

Nice.

D2 discord is great. I am usually able to find a team or match up for NF and raids within a few minutes.

As raid noob, yet to finish but learning the mechanics, other raid members could not have been more patient and helpful. Keeps me coming back as a casualish gamer wth limited time to play.

This caught me off guard and made me laugh, thank you

As far as mods, I didn't even realize the kinetic mods were that rare till a few buddies mentioned how they've received like, one this whole time. I think I have like 3-4 in my inventory and I've used 2 others I had prior. Glad I've been getting lucky with these then!

The big issue here is when trying to create one you are going up against the Elemental mod types thus you are supposed to only have a 25% chance of it dropping (although it seems much lower than that a lot of times). If unlucky and you will be a lot, you will see both your Legendary Mods (used for mats to try and create/roll a Kinetic Attack Mod) and Glimmer disappear quickly. All the while your useless "Legendary" Shards are just accumulating like no one's business with no stop in sight.

I don't know what the solution is but considering the Elemental mod is just one type of mod with three different properties the chance for the Kinetic Attack Mod at the very least needs to be raised.

I think they should simply allow you to use Legendary Shards to purchase the mods you want/need as LS are incredibly under-used currently. Keep the RNG-based methods too if someone likes those for some reason and/or doesn't somehow enough LS.

For me, the Gunsmith needs a total re-work as it's the one thing that should not be RNG-based.

I mean, hell, the game is giving away Raid and Trials gear at 300 PL to folks who don't even participate in those activities.

purg3

slept with Malkin
The big issue here is when trying to create one you are going up against the Elemental mod types thus you are supposed to only have a 25% chance of it dropping (although it seems much lower than that a lot of times).

I don't know what the solution is but considering the Elemental mod is just one type of mod with three different properties the chance for the Kinetic Attack Mod at the very least needs to be raised.

I think they should simply allow you to use Legendary Shards to purchase the mods you want/need as LS are incredibly under-used currently. Keep the RNG-based methods too if someone likes those for some reason and/or doesn't somehow enough LS.

A simple solution would be to have Xur carry a selection of legendary mods each week that you can purchase with legendary shards - maybe some of the more rare ones. TBH shards really carry no weight currently due to the low amount needed for infusion, low cost of exotics from Xur, and the rate at which you earn legendary items.

GazzaGSi

Refused to buy Caydes treasure maps but finishing the weekly reset milestones (except the raid) I thought sod it, why not as had little to do. I'd been in the tower for a good half an hour so no loot boxes opened previously and I started off with 2 empty chests.. great, following chest 1 blue item, fourth chest some scraps for cayde and last chest all was redeemed with an Exotic engram which dropped a 304 Coldheart. The disappointment on empty/blue/scrap chests is painful, damn.

Kyne

the downside to this is that I think Bungie is done giving us NPCs that accept legendary shards as currency. Introducing it now would just be laughable, as there are people with literally 9,999+ shards lying around.

They really backed themselves into a corner here.

Zereta

Refused to buy Caydes treasure maps but finishing the weekly reset milestones (except the raid) I thought sod it, why not as had little to do. I'd been in the tower for a good half an hour so no loot boxes opened previously and I started off with 2 empty chests.. great, following chest 1 blue item, fourth chest some scraps for cayde and last chest all was redeemed with an Exotic engram which dropped a 304 Coldheart. The disappointment on empty/blue/scrap chests is painful, damn.

I just do a Cayde Chest a day. Saves me the disappointment of opening a chest and getting absolutely nothing. All y'all rushing to do the chests right on reset gotta just calm down and pace it out.

the downside to this is that I think Bungie is done giving us NPCs that accept legendary shards as currency. Introducing it now would just be laughable, as there are people with literally 9,999+ shards lying around.

They really backed themselves into a corner here.

I believe they scrapped an Economy/Currency system that was based around Legendary Shards way late in the development process and implemented the Token system as some of this stuff makes zero sense. I get a real kick out of seeing the Legendary Shard icon and count on the character page like it is this all-important thing.

Dynamic3

I've seemingly hit a hard wall at 268, I have no desire to play the crucible and I don't have any friends on PS4 to run the nightfall or raid.

Is the weekly flashpoint my only method of progression at this point?

Just need to get my hunter trophy for platinum which is great cus then I can just cruise control in
stardew valley on the switch
lol

Cornbread78

I've seemingly hit a hard wall at 268, I have no desire to play the crucible and I don't have any friends on PS4 to run the nightfall or raid.

Why don't you jump in with some GAFfers to complete the NF? Those weekly milestone rewards are actually pretty darn good and can really boost you up.

I really don't like crucible much either, but getting random exotics and the milestone rewards is well worth it. I had Sunbracers giving to me as a reward last night at 297, when I was only at 287. (OK, 292, but I invised a 290 drop to boos them to 297, lol) Bonus for me!

Kyne

are you bent on not making friends? GAF has a very active discord, as well as this thread where people are LFG quite often.

Quikies83

You need to join the discord gaf channel. It's about 80% PS4 players. There are always people looking for groups/players. Unless you're just purposely avoiding player interaction...
Also, guided strikes, NF, and raids are a thing.

Dynamic3

OK, fine, I'll join the discord :).

Another question re infusing, if you infuse a power 270 weapon into a 265, does the 265 then become a 270? Is it that simple?

I have a fairly easy solution that improves the game in a number of ways...

How about a vendor or even the existing vendors have a selection of gear/weapons each week that has different perks (compared to their base version) for you to purchase with Legendary Shards. This way we remove the total randomness from it yet get some much needed variety while every player can purchase them without feeling left behind due to not being able to play as much, etc. As a result, duplicates become useful (as Legendary Shards).

Kyne

OK, fine, I'll join the discord :).

Another question re infusing, if you infuse a power 270 weapon into a 265, does the 265 then become a 270? Is it that simple?

in your example you would not be able to fuse a weapon that's at a lower base level.

Oppositely, if you infused something that was 265 into a 270, it would become a 270.

edit: we more or less said the same thing, but you need to watch what order you're putting the numbers in.

Anyone know if doing the End the Arms Dealer strike unlocks the prestige achievement/trophy?? Trying to help.a bud but this week's prestige NF is brutal, not worth it.

Just a heads up for anyone trying to do the anomaly cheese in the Prestige NF...

At X amount of anomalies the game stops giving you more time. Just do it the normal way and you should get to the boss with 7-8 minutes left. We finished with 2 minutes to spare.

Anastasis

This may be a little rough, but here are many of the anomaly locations for this week's nightfall:

Opening Room with torn screen - 2
Separate Ledge in back of the room behind crates
Between Air Ducts above torn screen

Large Open Air Battle - 3
Between the archway slightly left as you enter
Floating above and to the left as you enter
Above the slightly rounded video screen

Hallways - 2
One in green room wall behind and above doorway
Room with high ceiling with glass panels hanging and ramp going down, among the glass panels

Hive shrieker room - 3
Just inside one room to the left of the large room with hive shrieker
Next to (behind?) bridge-like platform
Above wavey molding on the side of the room

Big pit room - 3
Just inside the right of the room
Behind a column on bottom the pit
Another on the way down the pit (can be seen from bottom)

Big round room with Ogre - 4
One next to cylindrical hanging platform
One above cylindrical hanging platform
Over the cliff edge
To the left of the steps going up and curling to the left

Hallways - 1
Behind column in cave like room

Big Room w/ Orb Spawn - 2
Above grass overrun part high up
Overhead near orb spawn between wavy architecture

Hallways to Orb Dunk - 2
To the right of the purple LED lights
Above first ogre (just before last room)

Hallway after orb dunk - 2
Behind flat column between stairs
In cave near original pit room?

Dark cave - 2
Near a blocked door to the left?
Above a structure in cursed thrall bigger room

Top Bottom