• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

v1perz53

Been playing some Destiny 1 this week while waiting for my brother to be available to play D2 (never played the Rise of Iron story so I figured I might as well). And while sure, there are plenty of things I like better about D1 (so much more fun having more frequent access to grenades, melee and supers), in the interest of positivity I'll mention what is probably my favorite change for D2.

God I love the new kinetic/energy/power system. Not sure power weapons are balanced correctly, but the idea of basically having 2 main weapons is great in D2. Playing D1 with a scout, sniper, machine gun made me realize how nice the D2 system is. Pack of thralls or hoard of close enemies, so nice to have something other than a scout to use.

Koh

My team got wrecked by prestige nightfall last night. Momentum is a real annoyance. Constantly telling the team we need to run around like an idiot for a second.

We tried several times and got as close as the dunking phase of the boss before wiping and running out of time.

I died way too often, but sometimes it felt like a hard dive on elite knights was the only way to stop them from healing to full, which screws you out of ammo and time.

Tonight I hope to try again, with some emphasis on focus firing targets and optimized titan smashes. I think we may have to bring a Warlock instead of two Hunters and a Titan. Rift alone would save us so much time...

just go full astronaut.

Jc51K91.jpg

You get that set from Titan, but it should be from Nessus, where there were actual crew in spacesuits.

Also, you should get MIDA multi- and min-tools from Nessus, where there were explorers who need those tools, not Earth. Also, Sturm and Drang, which has a Fallen based quest requirements, should be with the Quest that has the Fallen trying to enhance themselves, ie the one on Earth. ALSO, Drang should be Arc, since it's Fallen themed and Fallen use Arc Shields.

Am I the only one to see how wrong this all this!?

giphy.gif

Kyne

I think that the threads lack of activity is actually due to the discord. :x

this used to be the spot for LFG.. most of that traffic has been moved.

Zavala was an awesome guy this week

I can vouch. Got a 300 helmet from NF then he gave me a 300 boots - the only two things I needed to hit 305 on my main hunter.

Got the HC from the raid, so the only weapon I dont have is the sidearm which I dont care about, and got the exotic shotgun quest completed.

So now I'm just gonna chill on my alts since im not too worried about getting them max rank (304 warlock/303 titan).

I think that the threads lack of activity is actually due to the discord. :x

this used to be the spot for LFG.. most of that traffic has been moved.

Also a fair number of arguments, tips, suggestions, salt, loot posts, everything.

Discord was the only thing that stopped the D1 OT train.

Also, Sturm and Drang, which has a Fallen based quest requirements, should be with the Quest that has the Fallen trying to enhance themselves, ie the one on Earth. ALSO, Drang should be Arc, since it's Fallen themed and Fallen use Arc Shields.

I still dont understand the special perk on the Sturm. I get kills with my energy weapon and the buff "Pull the Trigger" appears for a split second but when I switch to the Sturm I'm not seeing this buff the perk vaguely explains.

TyrantII

You get that set from Titan, but it should be from Nessus, where there were actual crew in spacesuits.

Also, you should get MIDA multi- and min-tools from Nessus, where there were explorers who need those tools, not Earth. Also, Sturm and Drang, which has a Fallen based quest requirements, should be with the Quest that has the Fallen trying to enhance themselves, ie the one on Earth. ALSO, Drang should be Arc, since it's Fallen themed and Fallen use Arc Shields.

giphy.gif

Yup. Feels like content was moved around.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
just go full astronaut.

Jc51K91.jpg

I was actually hoping for Lost Pacific to look something more along the lines of Hesperos from D1.

Hesperos1.png

Which would have been fitting for the hydrocarbon seas of Titan, going by the mentions of underwater colonies in the Hesperonaut Titan Mark.

Also, when paired with The Taikonaut helm looked all kinds of awesome.

dZT27Eu.jpg

It's mystifying to me how many randoms in PvP still don't understand the basics of certain game types. They play every single match like it's lone wolf clash. It's super frustrating.

Pop

IMO D2 is very much "holding back" on purpose in many ways.

Everything feels very basic, almost dialled back or toned down.

It´s the starting point for another 3 years and the entry point for a lot of new players.

I expect the systems to become more complex and fleshed out over the years and I expect the gear to get more crazy along the way.

Yes, you are correct.

However, we have had three years of features for Destiny that should have been in from the start of Destiny 2. Me personally, I'll be pissed if they try to add those back in with dlc.

I still dont understand the special perk on the Sturm. I get kills with my energy weapon and the buff "Pull the Trigger" appears for a split second but when I switch to the Sturm I'm not seeing this buff the perk vaguely explains.

There are 3 perks for how this combo works:

On Drang:
Together Forever
Kills with this weapon fill Sturm's magazine.

So you get a kill or more with Drang, then swap to Sturm:​

On Sturm:

Storm and Stress
Kills with Energy Weapos grant bonus precision damage until next reload.

You got a kill with Drang, so now Sturm does bonus crit damage. And as your mag runs low, the last perk is crucial:

Accomplice
Kills with this weapon (Sturm) fill the magazine of the equipped Energy weapon (Drang) from reserves.​

Now you start from the top again.

Basically, Sturm and Drang refill each other's magazines on kills. And Sturm gets bonus crit damage from Drang. You just keep swapping between guns and never reload. It's a fun combo.

Kyrios

I got pretty much nothing good for my maxed personal clan points engram, last week's was so good and this is like "Uh yeah, it's still like 2 points higher than what you're using. Have another power weapon you don't use"

Also I still can't get a legendary mod for my Warlock armband.

There are 3 perks for how this combo works:

On Drang:
Together Forever
Kills with this weapon fill Sturm's magazine.

So you get a kill or more with Drang, then swap to Sturm:​

On Sturm:

Storm and Stress
Kills with Energy Weapos grant bonus precision damage until next reload.

You got a kill with Drang, so now Sturm does bonus crit damage. And as your mag runs low, the last perk is crucial:

Accomplice
Kills with this weapon (Sturm) fill the magazine of the equipped Energy weapon (Drang) from reserves.​

Now you start from the top again.

Basically, Sturm and Drang refill each other's magazines on kills. And Sturm gets bonus crit damage from Drang. You just keep swapping between guns and never reload. It's a fun combo.

Hm.

Maybe it didnt read it right, I thought the Sturm perk said kills with energy weapons, I didnt know it was exclusive to the Drang but I must have forgot who made this game for a second.

Thanks for the explanation.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hm.

Maybe it didnt read it right, I thought the Sturm perk said kills with energy weapons, I didnt know it was exclusive to the Drang but I must have forgot who made this game for a second.

Thanks for the explanation.
Heh, it isn't exclusive to Drang. It can reload any energy weapon.

Drang has the perk that refills Sturm.

uberTerminus

Neo Member
Anybody else come across the issue where using one of the Fallen cannons during a public event resulted in ridiculous auto aim straight up when aiming at the Walkers? It made the cannons unusable.

Heh, it isn't exclusive to Drang. It can reload any energy weapon.

Drang has the perk that refills Sturm.

But you need the Drang to trigger the bonus crit damage? Cause I know I tried it with other energy weapons and was not seeing anything different in terms of crit damage.

Theorry

All 3 characters on 305. Jeej.
Dont have to play Crucible very soon again. Jeej. One of the worst PVP i ever played. Played it for a solid month now. And there are so many things wrong.

jadedm17

287 Titan (ideally Sunbreaker) on PS4 looking for.... anything?

Truth be told I've done a lot of Destiny 1 but haven't hit the hardcore stuff in Destiny 2 so I'd like to start with Nightfall, but I'm open to Raid (again ideally blind, I haven't tried yet), PVP, random strikes or whatever.

PSN : eightyninemph

It's mystifying to me how many randoms in PvP still don't understand the basics of certain game types. They play every single match like it's lone wolf clash. It's super frustrating.

Frustrating indeed, but I place most of the blame on the lack of mode choice : I always play to the game-type but would prefer to just play Clash 90% of the time, which I can't choose.

Raven117

Is there a way to have a web based Discord? For whatever reason, that little controller thingy just keeps spinning and spinning. Am I doing something wrong?

GhaleonEB

I can only see you saying this with this expression on your face...

tenor.gif

Pretty much.

I don't care about my power level since I don't run any activities that warrant it. The Nightfall is not appealing (time restrictions), and I am not in shape to run the raid any time soon (currently sick, but also have time commitments). I'd like some good loot, but there's literally three pieces of gear in the entire game I care about, and I have two of them (MIDA, my sword, and a cloak I'm after).

Literally every piece of gear I get goes to the vault or is sharded because everything is so flat. I swear the perks are less interesting than D1 year 3, and they were pretty uninteresting then. We don't even have elemental burn resistances to warrant multiple armor sets. Even the styles are really muted. Do I want the pants with pockets or without pockets? is about as exciting as they get.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
287 Titan (ideally Sunbreaker) on PS4 looking for.... anything?

Truth be told I've done a lot of Destiny 1 but haven't hit the hardcore stuff in Destiny 2 so I'd like to start with Nightfall, but I'm open to Raid (again ideally blind, I haven't tried yet), PVP, random strikes or whatever.

PSN : eightyninemph

Frustrating indeed, but I place most of the blame on the lack of mode choice : I always play to the game-type but would prefer to just play Clash 90% of the time, which I can't choose.

I need to do the Nightfall. But I'd be blind on that one.

290 Warlock PSN: Helphinx

If it's OK, and we get one more, then we have a party!

jadedm17

Pretty much.

I don't care about my power level since I don't run any activities that warrant it. The Nightfall is not appealing (time restrictions), and I am not in shape to run the raid any time soon (currently sick, but also have time commitments). I'd like some good loot, but there's literally three pieces of gear in the entire game I care about, and I have two of them (MIDA, my sword, and a cloak I'm after).

Literally every piece of gear I get goes to the vault or is sharded because everything is so flat. I swear the perks are less interesting than D1 year 3, and they were pretty uninteresting then. We don't even have elemental burn resistances to warrant multiple armor sets. Even the styles are really muted. Do I want the pants with pockets or without pockets? is about as exciting as they get.

The exotics are a sad state next to the perk state; There are equal steps backward as forward. :\

Hey guys I think my final campaign mission glitched.

I had just finished it with some friends and was in the middle of the final platforming section when my internet died and I got the boot. Now the mission marker is gone yet there's no tower available to me at all.

Anyone ever have this issue?

EDIT: NEVER MIND I'M DUMB

VexyWexy

305 Hunter for Nightfall if someone messages me in the next 5 minutes
PSN: Evervexxed
Gonna switch games otherwise, tired of waiting

I feel like I might just delete the Rat King quest. I'm a solo player and not a very good one at that.

I wouldn't delete it. I'm just like that as well (solo/not very good). Eventually you can basically either get someone great at it to team up with you, or you can team up with other players like me and we can try a thousand times until we beat it. Or even if you don't beat it you can at least get some confidence in being able to.

Huh?

of course they do

Ive gotten at least 3-4 exotics from legendary engrams since i started

Wow I thought that was gone too. Hasn't happened for me yet in D2.

any two guardians out there want to help me and 3 fellow guardians through the raid?

not too experienced but know what to do; two don't, one knows some parts.

edit: NVM

Hmm I've had none. Are they legendaries you've picked up in the world and decrypt with the cryptarchs or are they faction legendaries that decrypt to exotic?

Normal legendary engrams that appear in your slot can turn into exotics. I've had two back to back turn into them early on. None for awhile though.

I played almost exclusively hunter in D1 and it was my first main in D2 but I just leveled a Titan and I'll probably convert. The wall they make plus the double pulse grenades are better than anything the Hunter has imo. Hunter is like playing on hard mode in comparison.

I think they at least need to give the Hunter another grenade like Titan or give an extra shot with tether or...something.

crespo

Neo Member
Getting a little frustrated with the drops. There are still a TON of exotics I don't have, and 90% of my exotic engrams/drops for the past week have been repeats.

Milestone drops also only seem to be giving me 300PL pulse rifles and sidearms. If you're not going to give me a piece of gear I actually need, can I please get a hand cannon, auto rifle, fusion rifle, or rocket launcher? Please? I've gotten like 4 Eysteins and a couple of Graviton Lances recently.

I did not miss this feeling from D1.

Top Bottom