• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Dates, and Specs

I've tried to get into Destiny 1 a lot of times on PS4. I know I can enjoy the game, but it's just not getting me hooked (
the 30 FPS performance may be the main issue
).

Should I ditch it and just jump into Destiny 2 on PC? Is Destiny 1 even remotely necessary to understand Destiny 2? I know the characters don't carry over, but I assume there's enough plot and lore that lay the bases of D2 to justify a playthrough, right?

Try the beta first. If you don't like D1, you might not enjoy D2 regardless of the framerate.

n0razi

I've tried to get into Destiny 1 a lot of times on PS4. I know I can enjoy the game, but it's just not getting me hooked (
the 30 FPS performance may be the main issue
).

Should I ditch it and just jump into Destiny 2 on PC? Is Destiny 1 even remotely necessary to understand Destiny 2? I know the characters don't carry over, but I assume there's enough plot and lore that lay the bases of D2 to justify a playthrough, right?

I finished D1 and as far as I know, there is no plot

Joey Ravn

Banned
Try the beta first. If you don't like D1, you might not enjoy D2 regardless of the framerate.

Thanks for the replies! It's not that I didn't like Destiny 1... but playing it was a bit tough for me. I'm just not used to 30 FPS for shooters, so I get dizzy quite easily while playing it. I still have a lot of time to try to get into Destiny 1, at least the main campaign, until Destiny 2 drops... I guess I'll try to give it another shot, and if I still can't get into it, I'll watch a summary of the plot/lore on YT :)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the replies! It's not that I didn't like Destiny 1... but playing it was a bit tough for me. I'm just not used to 30 FPS for shooters, so I get dizzy quite easily while playing it. I still have a lot of time to try to get into Destiny 1, at least the main campaign, until Destiny 2 drops... I guess I'll try to give it another shot, and if I still can't get into it, I'll watch a summary of the plot/lore on YT :)

I finished the campaign on PS4 and it was a struggle, playing a shooter at 30fps with a controller is enough to ruin even the best of games, but the game itself was interesting which is why I'll be playing Destiny II on PC almost certainly, unless the beta is awful which I doubt it will be.

Top Bottom