• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

Ertai

Stupid question as people seem to be posting screenshots, but is there a dedicated ingame button for it? Usually i use Windows Game Bar but that seems to be disabled

Dec

Stupid question as people seem to be posting screenshots, but is there a dedicated ingame button for it? Usually i use Windows Game Bar but that seems to be disabled

I'm not sure, but shadowplay/amd's thing will work.

Dumb question but can I just preorder this on Amazon, get a code, then cancel the preorder of I don't like the game?

And how soon would I get the code?

Played Story Mission and Strike and it looks, sounds, and performs great while most importantly is absolutely sublime with M/KB.

A visual spectacle on a ultrawide with max settings/FOV all at 60+ FPS...those particle effects are to die for.

feel

How do you use the class ability on the xbox controller? I pressed random keys on the keyboard and I dropped a healing area thing (like soldier76 in overwatch) but I can't pull it off in the controller. Edit- Figured it out, holding crouch button does the trick.

if anyone with an SLI setup gets in-game, please post some impressions. I'm stuck here for 4 more hours :(
I am on a gtx 690 (pretty much 680 sli), runs smooth locked at 60fps at 1080p on High-ish setting, no weird hiccups or anything, Nvidia Inspector shows both gpus doing work.

Looks very pretty and clean and runs like a dream, I'm very pleased with the performance so far.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Pretty much always over 100fps on my GTX980 @ 1080p. I'm using default settings except for fov at 100. There is some aliasing, but it's not a big deal in favor of performance.

Nugg

What, it was never hard in the first place.

Yeah well, now there's only one set of those spinning death things, the counter clockwise set is gone.

Anyway from my experience:

Intel i7-4790 @ 4.00GHZ, GTX 1080, 16 GB RAM
Everything cranked to max, 1440p, FOV to 90

I'm getting around 85-90 FPS on my GSync monitor. It's insanely smooth.

Gameplay wise, I find it much much easier than on PS4, but I guess I'm used to KB/M when it comes it FPS games.

Gudji

After playing the story mission, holy shit this version of the game is amazing. I hope the community sticks with it for a long time!

I thought we got access to the new social space and stuff or patrol area or something?

Is it just the first mission, a strike and PVP?

Pretty much.

The only thing changed in terms of content is a new map for Control

Played the beta so far. It feels much smoother. Matter of fact, the supers and grenades feel buffed as hell

Gudji

Holy fuck Destiny at 60fps is a goddamn revelation. It feels so good. I can't get over it. The intro area is gorgeous too.

Right? I've been playing Destiny since the alpha, played D2 BETA on PS4 and I was blown away in the first seconds of the mission.

kevin1025

Banned
1080p, everything at max, FOV to 100, and never had any drops at all from 60fps that I noticed.

3570k, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB (overclocked some).

Definitely going PC rather than PS4 after that!

Hip Hop

GTX 970
i5 3570k

Maxed settings with FXAA and DoF off.

1080P.

Stays at 70-90 fps.

In competitive, it stays around 70-100fps.

AAMARMO

Banned
Come On.
wPTEQ4C.jpg

was the Windows 10 Creator Update HDR bug ever fixed? (Might have just been W10 and Nvidia combo, i dunno)

Would love to play at 4k with HDR but if its gonna still be fucked up, i'll just play ultrawide. got a 1080ti ready to throw at it regardless

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i7-6700K, 16GB, 1070.

playing at 1080p with everything completely maxed out i feel like i am getting some framerate drops during intense moments. particularly during the wave section. however, it doesn't feel too bad. usually i can't stand any kind of drop but this is bearable.

tweaks i've made:

AA - MSAA to FXAA purely because I feel it looks better. SMAA is far too shimmery looking I think.

SSR - 3D to HDAO because I can't even tell the difference. 3D sounds expensive so what the hell I'll go down to HDAO.

Motion Blur/Chromatic Aberration/Film Grain - set to OFF because they are just post fx and I don't like them.

DoF - Highest to High because I do like the effect but doesn't need to be so strong.

Overall I'm quite happy with the quality of the PC version. I'm not sure how the rendering resolution works? Framerate tanks at anything beyond 105%. I was hoping to downsample from 1440p but I can only select 1080p and I don't know what % is similar to 1440p. As for controls, I feels nice with a keyboard/mouse but it'll take awhile to get used to it.

Kysen

Wow pvp sucks, ttk is too high and rifles feel like bb guns. When I have to switch to a pistol to do damage there is a problem.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
was the Windows 10 Creator Update HDR bug ever fixed? (Might have just been W10 and Nvidia combo, i dunno)

Would love to play at 4k with HDR but if its gonna still be fucked up, i'll just play ultrawide. got a 1080ti ready to throw at it regardless

I think it was fixed with latest or previous Nvidia drivers.

gossi

If anybody wants some shit rig impressions:

AMD 6300 CPU, Nvidia GTX 970 4gb GPU - on Ultra ("Highest") settings at 1080p it cannae hold 30fps. On Medium it varies from 40-60fps.

Top Bottom