• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

Tahnit

Banned
I just finished the introductory campaign mission.

My specs:

i5-6500
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
16 GB DDR4 @ 2800mhz

With everything maxed out at 1080p, I'm getting a buttery smooth 60-70 FPS. During really hectic events, it will drop down into the 50s, but bounces back up to 60 quickly. And honestly, I really don't even feel those quick dips into the 50s. The game is so smooth.

Can ya try 1440? Use dsr if ya can.

phant0m

Got damn, this feels really good. Smooth AF, shooting still feels bungie quality.

There is some recoil on the titan chaingun thing

Y U M

36702313872_9dc6bb8179_o.png

kuYuri

i7-4790k @ stock settings
1080 Ti stock settings
16GB RAM

Getting 70+fps maxed with SMAA at 3440x1440, occasional dips below that but usually goes right back to the 70s.

Wallach

The in-game cutscenes seem to be locked at 28 FPS instead of 30. Looks kinda jank.

AA is going to be a bit of an issue, and the audio needs some significant work, but the rest of the changes from the PS4 beta are wonderful and very noticeable. I'll never play Destiny on console again, of that I am absolutely certain. But seeing this in person will make the launch gap hurt a whole lot more.

Krayz

i5 4690K@4.5ghz
16GB

4k max settings with SMAA, fluctuates from 45-60fps.

Anyone know what's "3D" ambient occlusion? Theres no HBAO+, unless that is it.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Holy shit. Playing this game with mouse and keyboard, at full 1080p, maxed settings (except AA), at 144 FPS on a G-Sync monitor... it's a revelation.

I don't understand how I could ever play Destiny 1 on console again. I can hardly wait for the PC release!!

RedRumy3

cutscenes are locked at 30 fps looks so laggy when watching hopefully they fix it. Runs incredible on max settings ^_^

Sky87

Not sure, but i think the vsync impacts the FPS monitor for some reason, and perhaps shows wrong values.

With VSync on, i get a flawless 144fps throughout the story mission, only drops to 72 (half max fps) when loading a new area. With Vsync off, i see it fluctuating between 100-130.

at 1080p:

i7 4700k
16GB Ram

Still, very very good performance.

Wallach

One other minor quibble - the icon art for items and such needs higher resolution versions for RC. Wouldn't be surprised if that is already in the pipe for launch but it is noticeable for sure at 1440p.

Also the default keybinds seem kind of weird. Definitely get your super and melee off their default keys.

Is anyone else crashing at all? I click on a character I've made at the select screen, get a black screen and then crash to desktop. Come the fuck OOOON man, I'm just pissed because I haven't talked to a single person with this issue so far.

AaronMT86

Is anyone else crashing at all? I click on a character I've made at the select screen, get a black screen and then crash to desktop. Come the fuck OOOON man, I'm just pissed because I haven't talked to a single person with this issue so far.

Did you update your NVIDIA GameReady drivers?

Streamed a bit and it ran great and looks amazing. Getting 1080/60 on a 1080ti/4470k (unsurprising) with all settings max, but resolution scaling at 100%.
Is it just prerendered cutscenes that are 30fps, or are all cutscenes 30fps?
The in-game cutscenes were running at 30 for me. :(

Top Bottom