• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

Is it possible to get 60fps/4k on a 1080?

Also how is it on controller?
There is a resolution scaler you can use. That said you'll have to make some sacrifices. With a 1080ti I can have highest settings, SMAA and the scaler at 85% and I'll hit 60fps nearly all the time (areas with a lot of fire seems to hit the frame rate).
I used a DS4 with the DS4Windows software and whilst it worked I noticed some issue with turning and movement. It wasn't lag. Maybe an Xbox One controller doesn't suffer from this.
The only other issue I had was resolution options. I couldn't get 1440p. I got an Unsupported mode error from my tv (which does support it on other games). Then I tried again and this time couldn't get back to my desktop at all. So, not a bad experience but I need to keep an eye out and see if these issues are fixed in time for release.

Rizific

is best buy giving out beta codes for pre ordering a physical copy?

fake edit: answer is yes, its right there on the product page. anyone gone this route? how long until you received the key?

Gothos

Had to lower some setting to medium for full fludity on i5-3470/GTX 970 but overall I'm impressed. I was sure I'm gonna play Titan but now I'm not sure :) Hunter with his silly dodge is out of the question so I guess that leaves me Warlock :)

Why isn't this game coming out next Tuesday again? Unless this is an extremely polished vertical slice, I don't see anything justifying a month and a half delay. Performance is good, every setting I could possibly want is already in. The servers are solid and matchmaking is working. The Battlenet integration looks like it's done so uh.... What's the deal here????

Kibe

Neo Member
Why isn't this game coming out next Tuesday again? Unless this is an extremely polished vertical slice, I don't see anything justifying a month and a half delay. Performance is good, every setting I could possibly want is already in. The servers are solid and matchmaking is working. The Battlenet integration looks like it's done so uh.... What's the deal here????

Probably contracts.

The game looks beautiful watching it on Twitch, can't wait to play it.

Rosur2a

Finally my internet is stable enough to let me play.

Game plays great on PC I was worried it wouldn't feel as good as the PS4 version but it does so sticking with my purchase. Just hope there doesn't end up being too much hacking when it comes out.

Gothos

Maybe they need to optimize other parts of the game, implement good antihacking system etc. But yeah, waiting for October will be difficult.

jtar86

I'm getting that weird bug where the game runs at 60 fps windowed and 15 full screen. Updating drivers to see if that helps. Same thing happened with Doom and the only way I could fix it was to uninstall nvidia geforce experience.

mxgt

Banned
Just finished the PVE Strike and had a blast.

From everything I've played so far this is a really solid PC version. Looks great, controls like a dream, silky smooth, great performance and the shooting is a lot of fun.

The Strike was kind of challenging too at the end which was nice.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Changing AA to FXAA helps tremendously with the aliasing. It really does seem as though SMAA does nothing. Game looks much cleaner now.

How do I unlock legendary gear? Does it just randomly give you something for a random win or what?

And how are people running around with giant shield like things that they bash me with for a one hit KO?

MastAndo

Just pre-ordered on Amazon, but never got the beta key email. I hopped onto a chat session with a support agent, and had my code in 2 minutes, then cancelled the order. The method works.

This was like 30 minutes ago fwiw, only like 15 minutes after my order.

Said Hey man, I didn't receive my code with the preorder. He asked for the order number, I gave it to him. He said gimme 2 minutes...then just replied with the beta code, lol.

Just spoke with 3 reps in a row and they all told me to wait another 4-6 hours & that they'll "escalate" the issue. Guess I don't have your luck ha. More than likely not playing today :(

Nope

HDR just seems to be broken in Mass Effect because it works in Shadow Warrior 2 (just tried to see if HDR worked) and Destiny 2
Ah, ok cool. I love HDR in games but I don't want to run it on my desktop. Thanks!
its a beast of a card but i wouldn't even bother. unless tinkering around with settings is your thing
I do like tinkering, and am happy to lose AA and some other settings in favor of resolution. I'll probably end up running it at 1800p.

Just spoke with 3 reps in a row and they all told me to wait another 4-6 hours & that they'll "escalate" the issue. Guess I don't have your luck ha. More than likely not playing today :(

Yep same here. Mine said they needed to process the card first and that I should wait up to 2 days... Forget that noise.

Does Blizzard let you cancel pre orders?

In the same boat. I also got an invalid code and when it didn't work, I was told that they will get me a code in 1-2 business days. And I'm just like...-_-

Nephtes

Anyone who played the console beta, did they update the Hunter's secondary skill (dodge roll reload) to be more useful compared to Warlock/Titan healing WiFi and portable wall?

I want to know this as well...

From the information I found here Apparently all you need to do is open up a ticket with chat and they will refund it.

I am most likely going to cancel my Amazon order and go through Bnet. I told the Chat rep I'd give them exactly one hour though before I do.

Maybe I should hang up and message them. I have a supervisor on now.

Let me know how that goes!

dmix90

Is it possible to get 60fps/4k on a 1080?

Also how is it on controller?
Really good. No/Less input lag and high framerate. Not tried PVP yet but PVE is perfect.

Hope they will fix an issue where you can't connect to servers if game launched directly from executable. This prevents smooth integration to Steam Big Picture :/

Bustanen

Just got HDR working. Windows resolution has to match game resolution. Damn shame that 4K isn't supported with fullscreen.

Top Bottom