• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Reveal Info Summary Thread: Trailers, Videos, Details, Screens, More

Seriously a whole week off for this game? I could understand one day but come on a week? That's just stupid esecpially the fact that the raid won't even be out for launch.

Why do you care how he spends his time off? Also getting 3 characters ready for the raid is going to take a long time.

Hoodbury

Seriously a whole week off for this game? I could understand one day but come on a week? That's just stupid esecpially the fact that the raid won't even be out for launch.

I'm hoping to take a week off as well for launch. With Destiny 2 coming, then Cod WII, then Star Wars Battlefront 2, I want to get as ready as I can in Destiny 2. Also, super stoked to relive the beginning of a new Destiny game. That first week of it all being new to everyone is the best! Things aren't just about grinding for loot, it's about exploring, taking in the cool scenery and all that fun stuff.

pantsmith

In case anyone was wondering, there's also an image of the sword / emote included with the collector's edition:

OXydA0sLlDgyEkopcSJOHJEpRf1RA838kFp3h0j3Uu-4JKyTZdRhXQAeeAfuNhnHlAUUWc9xfFibLXFsEAQuIod8GQcFa5ywU0Vn5ZpROIbpVSHsnFskNNZyRwr-X5PdG-tqfOMkZGaNOXts=s0-d-e1-ft

ZeoVGM

Banned
So Tower is gone, but what about the Reef and the Iron Lord mtn social places? Did those get blown up too?

Hope we get some more Clan info soon. Do you all think they will allow enough people to be in one clan so we can have 1 GAF clan per platform?

Any info on if explore mode on the planets will allow more than 3 people in a fireteam to explore with more friends?

Tower: The leaker on Reddit, who got a ton of stuff right, said that a second social space will open up after the campaign. I personally think this means you'll be able to visit the Tower again after you take the city back. But you can only access it after beating the campaign, which would be cool.

Reef and Iron Temple: They're likely still there but they won't be places you can visit in vanilla Destiny 2. However, Shinobi's original leak right here on GAF last September implied that they could eventually bring back areas from Destiny 1 later on.

I think Destiny 2 fixes the development tools and framework around the game, which will allow areas to carry forward into future full sequels like Destiny 2. So I personally believe we'll get back a bunch of areas in Destiny 1 later in Destiny 2's life -- but with more to do.

vivftp

Hopefully there's something akin to prison of elders in at launch.

I'm really hoping for a hoard-like mode. Got my pre-order in, got a solid week booked off from work at launch, and I can't wait! :D

I'm liking what we've been shown so far. It's Destiny, but improved Destiny. Can't wait to sink my teeth into the Beta.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
For the love of God give me Destination Materials to farm!

Let my stockpiles grow to absurd amounts!

Wonder when they will take about which currencies are moving forward or how they're changing that system

ZeoVGM

Banned
This.

I want to collect every weapon and at least twice with different perks (PVE and PVP).

108 is fucking small.

While I think there will still be a limit to the Vault, my personal hope is that Destiny 2 introduces a revamped kiosk system.

Instead of multiple kiosks for different things (exotics weapons, exotic armor, holiday loot, emblems, ships, etc.), they will have a single kiosk (placed in multiple areas) that tracks all of that.

And not just all of what there were already kiosks for in Destiny 1 but it would track literally every piece of loot in the game, from the obvious exotic loot all the way down to green and grey common and uncommon loot.

It would let you grab something you previously had to delete whenever you want while also simultaneously acting as a catalog/checklist for completionists like myself.

I don't think anyone would want to do private matches at launch anyway so it probably wasn't a priority for them.

Most, if not all of the player base will be progressing through activities that reward players with XP/loot/etc. Like, the number one agenda for any Destiny veteran should be getting ready to enter the raid the moment it goes live, whenever that may be.

Plus now with more content in patrol areas, I wonder who would take time out for private matches? Not many tbh.

Competitive players would love to jump into Private Matches ASAP as it would allow them to test weapons, abilities, etc.. to theorycraft what's going to be most effective. It also allows them to Practice and Scrimmage.

I don't think this is confirmed, is it? I don't believe anything has been said at all about private matches yet.

I expect them to be there at launch or by the December expansion.

It hasn't officially been confirmed but there was a clip of a few Streamers/YT guys talking and one of them stated that Bungie staff had been discussing with someone else that there was not going to be any Private Matches at launch.

Kyoufu

Competitive players would love to jump into Private Matches ASAP as it would allow them to test weapons, abilities, etc.. to theorycraft what's going to be most effective. It also allows them to Practice and Scrimmage.

A small % of players so, again, probably not a priority. :p

ZeoVGM

Banned
It hasn't officially been confirmed but there was a clip of a few Streamers/YT guys talking and one of them stated that Bungie staff had been discussing with someone else that there was not going to be any Private Matches at launch.

That's disappointing but if it's there by the December expansion, I won't be too upset. There should be plenty to do in the game.

It probably isn't many players that do private matches anyway.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've posted this before but I would love if we could go inside our ship, access the vault, and maybe have awards from certain quests and achievements displayed in it.

ethomaz

Banned
While I think there will still be a limit to the Vault, my personal hope is that Destiny 2 introduces a revamped kiosk system.

Instead of multiple kiosks for different things (exotics weapons, exotic armor, holiday loot, emblems, ships, etc.), they will have a single kiosk (placed in multiple areas) that tracks all of that.

And not just all of what there were already kiosks for in Destiny 1 but it would track literally every piece of loot in the game, from the obvious exotic loot all the way down to green and grey common and uncommon loot.

It would let you grab something you previously had to delete whenever you want while also simultaneously acting as a catalog/checklist for completionists like myself.
I don't bother to have one kiosk for every type of item but I will love to have all weapons and gears in the collection (even the green ones).

Needs more cross-save / transfarring.
Cross-save???

A small % of players so, again, probably not a priority. :p

Well if it's not in, then yeah, it's safe to assume Bungie doesn't see it as a priority. However, don't count out this particular small % of players because they're the ones who bring in consistent viewers once the raid content is chewed up and spit out (which doesn't ever take very long) and having that exposure keeps Destiny in the public zeitgeist between major content releases, and that's fairly important.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Maybe it's just because I don't have the best computer but it doesn't look any better than the first.
Watch the Homecoming mission again. It shows off the improvements really well. Materials, particles, and post processing are much better.

I'm incredibly sad about shotguns being heavy weapons. I doubled Universal Remote + my FWC shotgun for like 8 months on my Hunter.

Trying not to be salty when pvp balance ruins my fun.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm incredibly sad about shotguns being heavy weapons. I doubled Universal Remote + my FWC shotgun for like 8 months on my Hunter.

Trying not to be salty when pvp balance ruins my fun.
You get a lot more ammo for shotguns than the other types of power weapons. It seems like an interesting balance. I think they're more powerful than the were in D1 as well.

You know what I'm hoping they do different in Destiny 2? I want the story missions to be more cinematic.

I loved how you could replay a Halo campaign and it just felt like you were going through a long movie. Get comfortable, blast threw baddies and then the end of one level fades right into the next.

In Destiny, you had an obnoxious Ghost talking to you and then an obnoxious mission screen pops up and then you see your loot and then you're kicked to orbit and then you have to select your next mission. Everything was too "video gamey" and it made the lack of a story all the more apparent.

I doubt they're going to change their story format because the game is designed to have those bite sized missions and then send you back home to grab bounties and decrypt engrams, but I do hope they've reconsidered it for the sake of their story presentation. It really wont matter how good the story is if they show me a giant ass rewards screen after every mission.

In IGN's fireteam chat, Mark Noseworthy confirmed they've gone to a physically-based rendering system in Destiny 2.

Nobody seems to be talking about that, but it's a huge upgrade relative to the first game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Thank you!

Story missions and strike look great, but this first look at mp is very disappointing. That map looks ripped straight out of cod - nothing but peaking around alleys and corners, almost no verticality playing to destinys movement. At least ttk looks better (who am I kidding, that's because they don't have the best rng guns)

Thank you!

Story missions and strike look great, but this first look at mp is very disappointing. That map looks ripped straight out of cod - nothing but peaking around alleys and corners, almost no verticality playing to destinys movement. At least ttk looks better (who am I kidding, that's because they don't have the best rng guns)

Yea it's a really safe 3 lane, but at least we know it'll play fine and not shit like most of Destiny's maps were

killroy87

Stupid question. The OP alludes to the answer, but I just want to make sure.

The guided games isn't just for solo players, correct? I play in a group of two or three people, so this feature is great for us as we haven't done a lot of the raids cuz we just haven't taken the time for LFG features. But all of the guided games messaging has been for "solo players" looking for a guide, and I want to make sure that it can work for small parties as well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

The guided games isn't just for solo players, correct? I play in a group of two or three people, so this feature is great for us as we haven't done a lot of the raids cuz we just haven't taken the time for LFG features. But all of the guided games messaging has been for "solo players" looking for a guide, and I want to make sure that it can work for small parties as well.

I'm actually not 100% sure. There's a lot of things we don't have great answers on, which is part of why I took so long to make this thread, hoping to get better answers.

hydruxo

You know what I'm hoping they do different in Destiny 2? I want the story missions to be more cinematic.

I loved how you could replay a Halo campaign and it just felt like you were going through a long movie. Get comfortable, blast threw baddies and then the end of one level fades right into the next.

In Destiny, you had an obnoxious Ghost talking to you and then an obnoxious mission screen pops up and then you see your loot and then you're kicked to orbit and then you have to select your next mission. Everything was too "video gamey" and it made the lack of a story all the more apparent.

I doubt they're going to change their story format because the game is designed to have those bite sized missions and then send you back home to grab bounties and decrypt engrams, but I do hope they've reconsidered it for the sake of their story presentation. It really wont matter how good the story is if they show me a giant ass rewards screen after every mission.

First story mission they showed in the reveal was pretty damn cinematic IMO. The bit where Ikora showed up, nova bombed / hopped on the Cabal ship while the player was walking through Tower North was certainly a step forward with the immersion. So I actually have fairly high hopes for the campaign this time around.

Rainer70

I'm taking a week off (8/8-8/15) as well, hoping my friends do too. PTOs are given for a reason, and some of the most fun I've ever had's been discovering secrets with the community, exploring new terrains with friends and more in Destiny 1 at launch. I'm hoping to replicate that experience with the launch of Destiny 2, should be great and cheaper than a vacation.

oneils

Damn, great OP. Thanks for all of this info.
edit: huh, I had read/heard that shotguns were in the kinetic category. Good to see this stuff is getting clarified.

I'm actually not 100% sure. There's a lot of things we don't have great answers on, which is part of why I took so long to make this thread, hoping to get better answers.

During the reveal presentation, the presenter discussing Guided Games mentioned "One or two people looking for a group" so if we take this phrase at face value, it should be for at least 2 people to join a full group.

First story mission they showed in the reveal was pretty damn cinematic IMO. The bit where Ikora showed up, nova bombed / hopped on the Cabal ship while the player was walking through Tower North was certainly a step forward with the immersion. So I actually have fairly high hopes for the campaign this time around.

Aside from the NPCs being there in the fight as opposed to over the comms, it still looked like a Destiny mission, and then it went into a cutscene to take you to the next area.

Hoping they show more soon

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
In some of the EDZ footage it looked like a piece of The Traveler was there. Wonder if that was the piece broken off the bottom and we go there to get more Light.

oh shit the Cabal blew up mercury?
Looks like it. Should be interesting to see where that goes with the Osiris DLC.

Top Bottom