• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Seasons Livestream Reveal this Friday @ Twitchcon 4:30pm PST

Maddocks

Lol it will only take a week to see everything.

earn everything, not see everything. Takes 8 hours to see everything. But earning everything they are taking away is another story. Unless someone is going to grind all day everyday for bright engrams or dish out money for silver, they will not earn everything till it returns next year.

With 4 seasons, I have no doubt they will make 1 year gear and emotes and then recycle them. So while they are taking 6 shooter emote away in Dec, I have no doubt it will return for year 2 season 1.

Orca

I'd be upset about clan rank resetting if the high level reward - more chance of items dropping - wasn't totally fucking useless by the time the clan gets there, since there's little chance you'll still need a piece of loot by then.

Nutter

I do!

On Xbox which no one else plays :( My close personal friends mainly play Xbox so that’s where I picked it up.

Despite this notion, its the number 1 game on Xbox (most played). Unless of course you mean your online friends dont play it.

GhaleonEB

Nice.

I had no idea, waiting for PC release next week.

I wonder when kiosks will become necessary..

They're already gone, Bungie integrated them into the vault. Basically there's a section of Collections in the vault that holds the stuff that were offloaded to kiosks in Destiny 1.

They're already gone, Bungie integrated them into the vault. Basically there's a section of Collections in the vault that holds the stuff that were offloaded to kiosks in Destiny 1.

I do wish we could see what emblems etc. we are missing from our collections. It was a quest in itself to get all exotics, shaders and emblems :D

A lot of people liked SRL. They aren't just making content for you.

A lot of people also fucking hated it and considering this isn’t year 3 of D2 the game has much more pressing content issues that need to be addressed and soon. SRL isn’t going to make millions of players come back and play while an expansion will.

GhaleonEB

I do wish we could see what emblems etc. we are missing from our collections. It was a quest in itself to get all exotics, shaders and emblems :D

Agree, that was a nice feature. One I hope they roll back in; I liked that it listed the activities that dropped each.

kanuuna

Dawning armor looks cool, but if the stats are boosting anything than other than recovery I can't see myself bothering to go get the full set. Fixed armor stats are straight trash.

Like why would I bother with anything other than the two armor sets (Io set & Road Complex) that up the recovery stat? Both sets look dumb, too. I can't mix and match if I care about my stats at all - and there is absolutely 0 reason to up your mobility in this game, and resilience past 4 (unless you reach 10 at the cost of everything else) is useless.

Also fuck armor mods while I'm ranting about the armor in this game. If I wanted to play more than one subclass, I'd have grind out of those 3 of those ugly ass recovery armor sets (maybe not the legs because there's only one valid armor mod for that, and none of the hunter leg pieces that are marked survivalist and 'Improve recovery' actually provide any points to recovery) and attach ability cooldown mods for each sub-class separately. I'd maybe give them a pass if each sub-class had a wildly different class ability - but there's zero difference between the void and solar hunter dodges. They do the same exact thing. There's talents or whatever you want to call them that enhance the ability in some cases, but the dodge still either reloads your gun or recharges your melee.

God I hate this game. I wish it didn't play as good as it does.

Tovarisc

Nice.

I had no idea, waiting for PC release next week.

I wonder when kiosks will become necessary..

Don't hold your breath for vehicle, transmat mod and shader kiosks now that they are mostly microtransactions, so they want keep them as finite consumables.

Toli08

Dawning armor looks cool, but if the stats are boosting anything than other than recovery I can't see myself bothering to go get the full set. Fixed armor stats are straight trash.

Like why would both with anything than the two armor sets (Io set & Road Complex) that up the recovery stat? Both sets look dumb, too. I can't mix and match if I care about my stats at all - and there is absolutely 0 reason to up your mobility in this game, and resilience past 4 (unless you reach 10 at the cost of everything else) is useless.

Also fuck armor mods while I'm ranting about the armor in this game. If I wanted to play more than one subclass, I'd have grind out of those 3 of those ugly ass recovery armor sets (maybe not the legs because there's only one valid armor mod for that, and none of the hunter leg pieces that are marked survivalist and 'Improve recovery' actually provide any points to recovery) and attach ability cooldown mods for each sub-class separately. I'd maybe give them a pass if each sub-class had a wildly different class ability - but there's zero difference between the void and solar hunter dodges. They do the same exact thing. There's talents or whatever you want to call them that enhance the ability in some cases, but the dodge still either reloads your gun or recharges your melee.

God I hate this game. I wish it didn't play as good as it does.

It honestly makes zero sense why each class can't have whatever armor spec they want. If for some reason a Warlock wants all mobility they should be able to. Hunters shouldn't be stuck in a mobility life. It's another terribly designed system by them. Give us options, don't force us into one thing.

Garryk

No mention of SRL?

That sucks that there is only one more IB this season. It took me 34 packages to get a full Hunter set so unless I fare much better with RNG I'll have to choose between my Titan or Warlock to grind out.

Valthael

Neo Member
I can't say I was a fan of the new Ghost shapes. It looks like they left them on a radiator and they melted.

Everything else? Sure.

hydruxo

Agree, that was a nice feature. One I hope they roll back in; I liked that it listed the activities that dropped each.

The collection system in D2 seems sort of half baked IMO. They definitely put in the necessities and left out stuff like the sparrow and ship collections + seeing all emblems. Hopefully the Live Team is going to go down the list of late D1 features that should be in D2.

Hagi

So are the cool ghosts limited to those stupid bright engrams? that sucks if so. So what is exactly the dawning? I didn't really stick around through Rise of Iron. The Warlock armor looks pretty sick but after two weeks off the game due to being on honeymoon I can't see me going through the same stuff over and over again just to up my fashion game.

edgefusion

So are the cool ghosts limited to those stupid bright engrams? that sucks if so. So what is exactly the dawning? I didn't really stick around through Rise of Iron. The Warlock armor looks pretty sick but after two weeks off the game due to being on honeymoon I can't see me going through the same stuff over and over again just to up my fashion game.

Seems like the sparrows, ghosts, emotes etc. are locked behind Bright Engrams, yeah. The Dawning is Destiny's version of New Years.

No mention of SRL?

That sucks that there is only one more IB this season. It took me 34 packages to get a full Hunter set so unless I fare much better with RNG I'll have to choose between my Titan or Warlock to grind out.

One of the Season 2 sparrows is a re-skin of the racing sparrow from D1, so maybe SRL will make a return?

FyreWulff

Clan reset also solves the issue of gigaclans forming and then running away from everyone else like they did with guilds in WoW.

You now have a specific goal to hit, and most clans will be able to hit it.

With the exception of the change to how IB loot is distributed, none of the things announced here answer or even begin to address any of my issues with the existing game. There isn't even an acknowledgement of them.

Guess thats it for me & Destiny then.

Strakt

With the exception of the change to how IB loot is distributed, none of the things announced here answer or even begin to address any of my issues with the existing game. There isn't even an acknowledgement of them.

Guess thats it for me & Destiny then.

Well the panel was for.. "Seasons of Destiny". I expect most issues will be addressed during the 3 streams in November now that they've handed the torch to the live team

Well the panel was for.. "Seasons of Destiny". I expect most issues will be addressed during the 3 streams in November now that they've handed the torch to the live team

You're giving them far too much credit. All the streams in Nov. are going to do is cover the additions to the game that Curse of Osiris will bring. Unfortunately, I have already paid Bungie for this DLC due to the version of the game I bought at launch. However, there are lots of indications from yesterday's panel that my biggest grievances with the game are intended design & are things that will not be deviated from for at least a year, if ever.

I'll save my time & not play any of this. None of my clanmates even batted an eye to this, and the fact that clan levels are being reset literally made some of my clanmates decide to quit the game entirely.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just watched the stream archive and.. I'm not sure what's wrong with this?

More scheduled, varied activities, more ongoing goals with associated rewards, more reasonable ways to acquire the gear you specifically want, new ships/ghosts/sparrows that look better than anything in the game currently, faster ways to get xp/bright engrams legitimately, sandbox tweaks/balancing, filling out sets, the return of progression-based ornaments..

..what part of this is itsfuckingnothing? This is a pretty solid stab at making the endgame less repetitive and diversifying it.

dead @ the Winamp skin joke

Number45

..what part of this is itsfuckingnothing? This is a pretty solid stab at making the endgame less repetitive and diversifying it.
There’s little here that impacts the end game. A better solution for getting IB loot and that’s it from what I watched.

I'm a huge casual when it comes to playing loot based games and I have no reason to play at this moment.

I'm 300+ after a couple of (pretty enjoyable runs) of the raid, and then I got alot of 300+ loot from the Clan rewards, which is, in my opinion, one of the worst additions to a loot based game ever.

There is no feeling of specialness or rarity when having these items, since everyone has them basically.

The game is hella fun though. It's a really enjoyable and fun game. I'm waiting for DLC for that reason.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There's little here that impacts the end game. A better solution for getting IB loot and that's it from what I watched.
..did you read the rest of my post (or watch the rest)?

I don't know how much closer to impacting endgame you can get than including more endgame activities, content, reward tracks, and tweaking the sandbox and rounding it out better.

dead @ the Winamp skin joke

At least in my opinion, the game has a longevity problem that extends far beyond "have more cosmetics"

Strakt

There’s little here that impacts the end game. A better solution for getting IB loot and that’s it from what I watched.

Here ya go

qRBPdUi.png

Number45

But all of the updates DETAILED in the stream revolved around cosmetics. I get there are content updates coming but aside from better distribution of IB loot nothing was evident from the stream.

For clarity, I’m not shitting on Destiny. I’ve played virtually nothing else since the launch of D1. I was hoping for some actual information on how the game will change, not just the rewards.

Strakt

But all of the updates DETAILED in the stream revolved around cosmetics. I get there are content updates coming but aside from better distribution of IB loot nothing was evident from the stream.

For clarity, I'm not shitting on Destiny. I've played virtually nothing else since the launch of D1. I was hoping for some actual information on how the game will change, not just the rewards.

Well the panel was titled Seasons of Destiny. I was expecting pretty much this; seasons with changes to the game , holiday events, tweaks, new skins, etc... The only thing we didn't get that I'd hope we did was PVP ranking. Either way, I hope they address players concerns about the actual issues in the game in the 3 November streams.

Meaningless levels made them quit??

There are legitimate reasons, but that is laughable.

I mean, they felt they had earned some interesting perks from the clan banner that is now going out the window. That they have to start leveling from level 1 instead of just enjoying the perks they already had or adding a new set of levels as to unlock a new tier of perks.

It isn't 'meaningless levels'. The current clan levels actually had perks we could use. Now that level is being reset to 0 and the clan is getting nothing. I'm not sure I find resetting progression 'laughable'. There are better ways they could've handled this, and tossing effort out the window every 3 months ain't one of them

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

For clarity, I'm not shitting on Destiny. I've played virtually nothing else since the launch of D1. I was hoping for some actual information on how the game will change, not just the rewards.
They detailed filling holes in weapon sets, and the return of armor improving over the course of it's use (although this might just end up being cosmetic).

Introducing weapons that challenge current dominant weapons and also tweaks to existing weapons in the sandbox is pretty relevant gameplay stuff (although it seems like they're opting for more of the former). I don't think it would be reasonable for them to throw up individual weapon stats to sift through as quick as they were superfluous cosmetic stuff.

Clan reset also solves the issue of gigaclans forming and then running away from everyone else like they did with guilds in WoW.

You now have a specific goal to hit, and most clans will be able to hit it.

Bungie can make clan experience proportional to the size the clan, there is no need for reset, tie some weapon tiers and extra perk on that grind wheel, make big clans works harder than the low clans.

The reset clan exp by season is just a lazy excuse to keep people playing for the same carrot instead of adding more steps on the clan structure reward and dedicated clan tiers to make things even, hell, make some clan competitions according to the clan tiers.

Bungie can make clan experience proportional to the size the clan, there is no need for reset, tie some weapon tiers and extra perk on that grind wheel, make big clans works harder than the low clans.

The reset clan exp by season is just a lazy excuse to keep people playing for the same carrot instead of adding more steps on the clan structure reward and dedicated clan tiers to make things even, hell, make some clan competitions according to the clan tiers.

It's not the same carrot. The benefits of achieving each level change each season to apply to the current content focus.

For example, currently there's Cabal focused benefits. Next time around will likely be Vex focused (if Osiris DLC is Vex focused as we think).

Top Bottom