• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Seasons Livestream Reveal this Friday @ Twitchcon 4:30pm PST

Strakt

TwitchCon.jpg

Stream TLDR: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/77q1de/destiny_live_twitch_reveal_seasons/

The Seasons of Destiny
Destiny has established itself as a game of action-packed rituals and special events. With Destiny 2, the development team at Bungie has a goal is to keep the community of Guardians engaged from season to season with new reasons to play. Join DeeJ from Bungie for a discussion with Designers from the Live Team who are focused on sustaining this new adventure.

Panel Discussion: The Seasons of Destiny.
Friday, October 20, 4:30PM Pacific
Duration: 60 MINS
CoolCat Theater + CoolCat Channel

What do Seasons mean in Destiny 2?

What will change from season to season?

How many seasons can we expect?

When does Season Two begin?

The session will be streamed (I mean, of course it will be streamed, it's TwitchCon), so everyone can tune in and see what we have planned to keep the Destiny community engaged. When the time comes, pile into the theater or click this link to join us virtually.

Seeing as they are revealing it right before PC release, hopefully seasons give incentive to keep playing.

Gator86

I bet they'll have a teaser for the DLC

Would be peak Bungie to do their classic information trickle campaign instead of telling people what their plans are to address people's criticisms.

"Catch us on Twitch every day for the next two months from 4-4:05 while we explain our exciting plans for the future of Destiny!"

ZeoVGM

Banned
Hoping for a teaser for the DLC and confirmation that Festival of the Lost starts next week.

Honestly, I'm going to be hugely disappointed if they skip FotL this year just because Destiny 2 is "new." There's no reason to not do it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
SPARROW RACING LEAGUE

Please be excited.

That would be December as SRL is basically a Christmas event.

How many tokens will we have to earn to get the same weapon or piece of armor over and over again in seasons?

Yeah, that needs to be fixed. Honestly, tokens are great but there also needs to be post-match and post-encounter drops as well.

But tokens alone are a great replacement for rep because you can choose to put it all into a single character, even if earned on other characters.

I hope they've got something major planned. Don't expect it to be in Seasons as it seems most of this stuff was locked down pre-release but they really need a D3 -> RoS shift to happen.

EL CUCO

Yeah, that needs to be fixed. Honestly, tokens are great but there also needs to be post-match and post-encounter drops as well.

But tokens alone are a great replacement for rep because you can choose to put it all into a single character, even if earned on other characters.
Tokens are ok while you're still getting your PL up, but once you hit that 300-305 mark you want some actual meaningful rewards, especially for completing what is considered the most challenging content in the game. More tokens is just a hype deflator and makes you not want to touch it again.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Tokens are ok while you're still getting your PL up, but once you hit that 300-305 mark you want some actual meaningful rewards, especially for completing what is considered the most challenging content in the game. More tokens is just a hype deflator and makes you not want to touch it again.

Right, that's basically what I said. There should still be specific drops from activities on top of tokens, which is the replacement for rep.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It irks me so much that they created SRL when they could have been making something good like a raid, a new strike or new missions

That isn't how game development works.

And the game isn't just for MrS.

SRL is very popular and generally loved by the fan base, which is why they brought it back once before (and likely again).

Kyne

Festival of the Lost is something that people enjoyed in Destiny 1. As such, it meets all of the requirements of being something that won't appear in Destiny 2.

Spoo

I have this horrible feeling that this will be ... not hugely significant. Like, maybe something to grind towards per season, kind of like the clan levels, but not actually a new content introduction.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have this horrible feeling that this will be ... not hugely significant. Like, maybe something to grind towards per season, kind of like the clan levels, but not actually a new content introduction.

You are likely correct.

They're probably going to coast off bringing back old Destiny 1 content so unless it's a paid expansion I'm not really hoping for much.

Also - SRL was shit. People only wanted it back because there was nothing else to do at the time. Like now.

Strakt

I have the same feeling ; but they waited until TwitchCon and shortly before PC Release so it has to be something significant.. right?! One can hope!

ZeoVGM

Banned
They're probably going to coast off bringing back old Destiny 1 content so unless it's a paid expansion I'm not really hoping for much.

... You mean like the two paid expansions coming out in December and spring? Do you know what you're talking about here?

Also - SRL was shit. People only wanted it back because there was nothing else to do at the time.

Wow, I guess SRL wasn't some of the most fun I've had in a game this gen! Thanks for correcting me.

Gator86

Absolutely my expectation. It'll be something to repackage existing content, probably adding tokens.

I just hope they start adding content from D1 in with each season. Like season 1 gets Mars with revamped Strikes from D1 and the new Patrols/Public Events. Allow it to be a Flashpoint even. There is so much content left behind from D1 to D2. It's kinda a bummer.

GhaleonEB

That describes the spring updates from D1 for the last couple of years, with revised activities such. But we're ~2 months out from the first DLC, so I'm hoping they touch on that, if not reveal it outright.

Z O N E

I hope this is where they reveal the end game.

This.

Please for the love of god, give us a Power Level increase and End Game that is challenging.

This game has been stripped off the grind content and made so casual... it actually hurt going from D1 to D2 and seeing the downgrade.

Not expecting this to go well but still hoping.

I think maybe they should talk about a reason to keep playing now, before talking about future "seasons", but whatever.

where are the private matches they said theyd have out before the next DLC?

Seasons will be nothing more than "did you hit max rank? cool, take that stick for your clan banner that no one but your clan sees and do it all again for season 2."

i bet they wont stream while playing on xbox one. how about they address how bad that shit gets....

Kadin

This should be interesting as a very apprehensive soon to be PC player. I loved D1 on XB1, hoping my friends and I will find good times here as well. Seeing so much frustration in the community right now with end-game stuff is very worrisome.

Top Bottom