• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Seasons Livestream Reveal this Friday @ Twitchcon 4:30pm PST

renzolama

As frustrated as I am with Destiny 2, I feel bad for these developers. You know they've been pushed out here at the worst time with a corporate muzzle on saying anything interesting / committing.

There's no way this panel is going to have remotely enough info to placate anyone. Its going to be "This Week at Bungie" stretched into 1 hour.

Sawneeks

Banned
So this could be like a new season of diablo 3, everything resets?

That's what it sounds like, at least in the Clan aspect.

edit: I'd assume at the end of a Season if you max out your Clan level, your Clan gets something. Then the level resets and you did it all over again. What those rewards are though? Nooo clue

If they want seasons to impact the game world, then each season should totally switch up what public events occur on what planets and at what spots.

Zakalwe

Banned
So vague... saying nothing... what did I expect...

Now he's just repeating the same thing about people getting back together.

That's what it sounds like, at least in the Clan aspect.

edit: I'd assume at the end of a Season if you max out your Clan level, you Clan gets something. Then the level resets and you did it all over again. What those rewards are though? Nooo clue

At *least* an emblem. Possibly only an emblem. Let's find out.

GhaleonEB

Not to be impatient, but other than updates paced more evenly out, I still have no idea what a season is and they've been talking about them for 13 minutes.

Kadin

Yeah it sounds like a new league in Path of Exile as well, reset of everything along with a new aspect to the gameplay.

giphy.gif

I hate to be blunt or maybe even rude sounding to the developers. I try my best to be mostly as positive as I realistically can be.

But how does Bungie have the studio / staff size it does and yet is so slow to produce content? I honestly don't get it

Van Bur3n

Not like we're missing anything, anyway. Waste of goddamn time. I'll be back for the aftermath summary. I ain't sitting through this shit.

Sawneeks

Banned
And this is the part of the stream where they explain what Season Rewards are, how they're changing stuff for the future, and teasing the DLC.

but when it comes back online they'll just be vaguely talking about getting clan members or something.

I'm actually super okay with Ice Hockey in the Tower lol

They said that 'Year 1' would have 4 Season total so...a new Season every 3 Months. Season 2 should be around December.

I meant previously. It ran Mid-December to Early January in D1.

I'm really trying to not be overly critical of this but did they really lead the new content talk with Hockey and snowball fights?

Seasons are Live Team updates.. so these are the relatively minor updates. Also, they probably set up a lot of this presentation before IB made complaints rise to a fever pitch.

Top Bottom