• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 w/ white PS4 Pro bundle announced

Destiny 1 bored me to death but that white pro is soooo sexy and I've been on the fence about getting one for a while. Might have to pull the trigger on this.

SpecX

350x700px-LL-869548c2_wJzFHMT.gif

Kind of a boring model to represent Destiny, but can't deny that the Pro looks hot in white.

Welfare

The Destiny bundle in September 2014 sold 300K units in the US, so I wonder how much this will sell. Both are the same price. The Taken King bundle sold under 200K in September 2015.

I'm going to guess something over 200K because of users upgrading to the Pro with this.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
If that looked like the other Destiny model it would be amazing, but I wanted to get a Pro and D2 anyway...soooooo. Such decisions!!

leehom

Anyone else pre-order from Best Buy?

I haven't received a confirmation email nor is the purchase in my history.

Edit: Spoke too soon. It finally showed up about an hour after the order was placed.

I'm tryna get my brother to buy my PS4 Pro for $350 to nab this beautiful system and now he is trying to sell his PS4 Slim to get my current Pro. Lol. HNNNNNGGG I want this sooooo bad. And the Xbox One X is also on my radar.

This holiday is gonna be crazy.

Hawk269

I did not think a color change could make that ugly ass console look better, but that pure white does make it look pretty damn good. As opposed to some, I am glad they did not stick a ugly as Destiny 2 logo on it or anything like that. This would look really nice next to my Xbox One S, but I already have a Pro and getting a Xbox One X, so unless I can unload my current Pro for a really good price, I don't see jumping on this..but damn it does look good.

border

Seems like a pretty good deal, since it includes the Destiny Expansion Pass.....so you're basically getting a $100 version of Destiny for $50.

I don't want to give up access to PT, so I may end up keeping my OG PS4 until the end of the generation.

RdN

Seems like a pretty good deal, since it includes the Destiny Expansion Pass.....so you're basically getting a $100 version of Destiny for $50.

Exactly what I was thinking.. Seems like a great deal.

And the console looks gorgeous.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Looks awesome. I just wish I knew if Sony planned on releasing a special edition for the release of GT Sport.

Jimrpg

I'm waiting for the Pro Slim. Guess its not coming out this year then.

Probably a good thing, considering how much I've spent this year already.

Is the white model only available on the bundle and cannot be purchased individually?

Yeah this is only a bundle. I would have honestly waited for a non-bundle white PS4 Pro but I'm not sure if Sony will do that, and at least I can sell Destiny 2 + expansion pass to make up for it.

T-0800

I don't want to give up access to PT, so I may end up keeping my OG PS4 until the end of the generation.

You can transfer PT to your Pro. I did.

Caode

Think I'll go for the upgrade.

As much as I hate GAME - I'll probably just take advantage of the trade in price and get the £125 store credit in there for the launch PS4.

I think I'll just cancel my Destiny 2 limited edition too considering this comes with the expansion pass.

All going well, should be able to get this for £275/€315.

Kaversmed

I didn't really need a Pro tbh but I've always said if they made a white one I wouldn't be able to resist. It also helps that I was planning to get Destiny 2 regardless of this bundle. Now, give me the EU price and where to pre-order!

clintar

Back up to external, restore.

Hesemonni

Banned
The current PS4 Pro model is CUH-7000. By the time the bundle hits shouldn't we be expecting a slightly revised model already? Similar to what Sony did with PS4's annual model revisions.

I was playing Horizon last night and the fans on my Pro get clearly audible at times. Colour alone is not enough for me to switch, but improved acoustics + color would tip me over.

The current PS4 Pro model is CUH-7000. By the time the bundle hits shouldn't we be expecting a slightly revised model already? Similar to what Sony did with PS4's annual model revisions.

I was playing Horizon last night and the fans on my Pro get clearly audible at times. .

Nah. They cant reduce the amount of gddr5 chips anymore
And they didn't sell 20 million Ps4 Pro already
Not worth a revision yet. Way to early

febLey

Had the original white PS4 that came with Destiny, traded it earlier this year for a Pro.
Now I want the white Pro :'(

eFKac

I don't have a Pro yet, so this might be it. Would have preferred a standalone white or a bigger saving on Destiny like 429$ but that'll do.

I don't have a Pro yet, so this might be it. Would have preferred a standalone white or a bigger saving on Destiny like 429$ but that'll do.

You realize you get the season pass with this too, right? You can technically say you're getting destiny for 10 bucks.

gtj1092

Nah. They cant reduce the amount of gddr5 chips anymore
And they didn't sell 20 million Ps4 Pro already
Not worth a revision yet. Way to early

I'd expect there will be internal revisions to both the pro and slim. Happens nearly every August/September.

You can transfer PT to your Pro. I did.

Can you use an external harddrive to do this?

Back up to external, restore.

Backup/restore from a hard drive or use a Windows application to install a server on your computer, change some internet settings on the PS4 and it'll download P.T. again :) Just did this last night and took less than 10 minutes for the whole thing!

Link to the video if you want to do it that way.

That´s just a white pro.

The year 2 one was more special.

Not that I care for it - black it is.

This is how they got me last time! I traded in the original PS4 for the white bundle, only to see the special design white edition the following year...ugh. I'm fine with the black PS4 now as I'm convinced we're close to seeing rumors of PS5 sometime by next year.

everyer

there is a way to re install p.t. to your new console. I post here before.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Just reserved mine and got the beta code. If you're getting a Pro and D2 at some point this is a great time to do so. A pretty decent savings and a slick console and controller to boot. :) IGN has been doing the Traveler's work getting me excited for it like nothing had before. Looks like it's shaping up to be a gorgeous and fun space adventure.

Yeaaahhh..... pretty sure I'm gonna preorder this and sell off my black one :)

I'm weak to white consoles (also traded my base black ps4 for the white Destiny one) and the fact this actually comes with a physical copy and expansion pass sorta seals the deal

Dumb question or might have already been answered, but does/should this come with access to the D2 beta? I pre-ordered on Amazon when it opened, but still not code?

Dumb question or might have already been answered, but does/should this come with access to the D2 beta? I pre-ordered on Amazon when it opened, but still not code?

Yeah, you get the code as soon as you order via email

and yeah, I went ahead an preordered the system anyway

Top Bottom