• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Alpha Thread: Impressions from the wild [Code Begging=ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
I will miss you :(
i5cOZ1265KP6f.jpg

Simo

Man, I wish I had jumped in to the Crucible a lot sooner than the last few hours of the Alpha as it was a ton of a fun.

The first match on Earth I did terrible at which didn't help it being tight quarters and I'm running around with an ACOG scope on my AR. I could never really get into the Halo multiplayer despite trying with every entry but when our ships started panning around Earth and then all of a sudden rocketing into Hyperdrive to the next map and the Moon...man, that was fucking amazing for me and I did pretty decent too.

I had some spectacular and memorable moments during those rounds on the Moon map and now I'll be making sure to jump in the Crucible immediately for the beta.

ElRenoRaven

I may skip the beta and give my code away alpha was so good but I just want the real thing now!

I won't but I'll be doing beta probably on my Xbox One. I figure I've done two tests of it on PS4 and I want to see how the xbone version compares before launch. Course if I were somehow lucky to get another code for PS4 then I might play both just so I could compare the two. I think it would be interesting to do that because I know everyone will want to compare them.

FyreWulff

I won't but I'll be doing beta probably on my Xbox One. I figure I've done two tests of it on PS4 and I want to see how the xbone version compares before launch. Course if I were somehow lucky to get another code for PS4 then I might play both just so I could compare the two. I think it would be interesting to do that because I know everyone will want to compare them.

I'll be trying the beta on 360 probably to compare/get a feel for it

When I was doing Strike for the first time and saw percentages at the difficulty selection screen, I thought those were stat modifiers (like -30% to your shotgun dmg at Legendary). But yesterday I played another Strike with a maxed character and noticed that all those "modifiers" were green +30% numbers.
So I guess that it's actually some kind of gear checker interface, and it was telling me that I'm a bit overgeared for Brave difficulty.
I like this implementation.

The atmosphere was bleek and foreboding. The old planes rusting away, a tank that will never fight again seems to be at peace with flowers carressing its now quiet canon, massive rocket ships still waiting in silence for passengers that will never come and the dark, dank places that light hasn't touched in her embrace for how long...who knows.
I always thought that post-apocalypse setting works way better when it's build on contrast of calm sunny weather and dead rusted remains of civilization that will never be alive again.

Marvel

could never
There was something incredibly satisfying about the Hunter's throwing knife, I miss it already.

Had weight to it.

Getting a headshot with it and seeing them burst into flames and dissolve was such a highlight. As is it's noise when someone throws one at you but misses in the Crucible.

Respawn

Banned
There was something incredibly satisfying about the Hunter's throwing knife, I miss it already.
So true. The first knife in a game that I feel have some weight to it if there's such a thing. Plus you knew when that mofo hit. That sound...sooo good.

Edit: ahh a fellow guardian above gets it.
I always thought that post-apocalypse setting works way better when it's build on contrast of calm sunny weather and dead rusted remains of civilization that will never be alive again.
Indeed.

ced

Had weight to it.

So true. The first knife in a game that I feel have some weight to it if there's such a thing. Plus you knew when that mofo hit. That sound...sooo good.

Yeah it has that nice arc to it's trajectory like it weighs 5 lbs.

There are so many Destiny threads I don't know where to ask this, do we know if the PS3 and PS4 versions can play together when it releases?

People who have never played a Bungie game before should be in for a nice treat with Destiny.

After Destiny Rockstar and Bungie should team up for ONI 2 eh eh eh

Number45

So the beta will be story content, and no progress will carry to the full release? In that case I think I'll forego the beta and save myself for the retail release. :)

I guess I could just jump straight into the MP for the beta, and not touch the campaign.

MADGAME

So the beta will be story content, and no progress will carry to the full release? In that case I think I'll forego the beta and save myself for the retail release. :)

I guess I could just jump straight into the MP for the beta, and not touch the campaign.

This was my intention, but now several of my friends pre-ordered and will have beta access so I'll
willingly
be dragged back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom