• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Warlock as of right now...Defense is 143 but most of the armor pieces are white (but still the best of what I have)

ilc2xCVYfsQ0l.jpg

That's sick

My guardian is a tacky mess :(

Delt31

Wow. Very impressed and had low expectations b.c I thought this game was more like borderlands but it's basically HALO on steroids. Really enjoying this game. Been playing 2 hours straight and really love it. Its very much like halo (sound, the fact I have a guy cortina, just everything about this game screams halo I would be surprised if someone tries to say it doesn't HOWEVER the weight of the character is heavier which is great. REALLY impressed.

iGotUrHost

Neo Member
Im just curious to know if Vanguard marks are disabled because i've done bounties where you are suppose to receive them yet i still have 0.

I did the first mission and I loved it. Oh my gawd. I have to shut it off. I don't think I want to spoil this newness for myself.

So you weren't in the Alpha? I was in the Alpha and found the first couple missions of the Beta pretty boring (and poor in terms of story). I LOVED the Alpha. So if you're already blown away by the first mission, you'll love what comes next...it gets better.

Wow. Very impressed and had low expectations b.c I thought this game was more like borderlands but it's basically HALO on steroids. Really enjoying this game. Been playing 2 hours straight and really love it. Its very much like halo (sound, the fact I have a guy cortina, just everything about this game screams halo I would be surprised if someone tries to say it doesn't HOWEVER the weight of the character is heavier which is great. REALLY impressed.

Check this out. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121612870&postcount=15513

Never be surprised. This is NEOGAF!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I thought I was gonna be all about that Revolver life, but with the slow as fuck reloads and no upgrades... it's just not worth it.

My scout and sniper rifle is all I need. They're my real friends. *hugs Valka SR3 & Pompeii-LR3*

BokehKing

Banned
Yeah so I rolled a hunter.... Maaan
Kept getting kicked in the first missions so I was like level 3 by the time I left it (it kept having me start over but keeping my xp)

Then on my level 2 mission I completed my first gold public Guardian event, that pushed me to level 4, and just killed that wizard from the moon...

Don't like hand canons at all, firing from the hip they take multiple shots to kill, ads is just as bed unless you land a head shot, should be easy with the much talked about 'bad a. I.' but they were ducking/dodging and flanking me.

Dat double jump tho'

Then I had a dancing party out on the thin ledges at the tower, crafted myself a hood... I hope when retail comes I can stick to just one character and have a main, just so much to unlock with each subclass

P. S. Some of those story boss /end fights are tough solo

iGotUrHost

Neo Member
You are getting vanguard points for those. It levels up the quartermaster i think.

What do you mean, i thought they were one of the three currencies. It says that I use them to buy legendary weapons at the tower, but whenever it says i get them, they don't register when i go to buy things (ie:its like i never got them in the first place)

Woorloog

Banned
I want a good version of the starter auto rifle. Or some other auto rifle that's more balanced, unlike the Sahara i have.
Not fan of pulse rifles in this game (burst weapons can be OK in other games), not fan of the Sahara i have (incredible ROF but i prefer accuracy+hitting power over ROF in general), not fan of single shot rifles in general, the pistol looks nice but i'd prefer faster ROF (with hitting power).

EDIT as for other weapons, don't have a Sniper. Don't like shotguns in this game (Edit unless there's one that has much, much more range). Fusion Rifles are nice but don't have a uncommon or better one.
Does this game have any more... odders weapons? Things like Halo's Needler or Plasma Pistol, or Jedi Knight's Bowcaster?

I thought I was gonna be all about that Revolver life, but with the slow as fuck reloads and no upgrades... it's just not worth it.

My scout and sniper rifle is all I need. They're my real friends. *hugs Valka SR3 & Pompeii-LR3*

I got this as a reward for the Strike and have been using it since...crits for about 200 now on most of the enemies

iH4LsVEp38YzG.jpg

Well. I think I am done. They just have to simply fix the broken AI. That has to be the most idiotic AI I have seen in years. We boxed them all night last night and they didn't have any defense. Totally stopped anyone from any danger at all or even coming close to dying. I hope they crank it up. But its a beta for a reason so they have tons of time. Done for now though.

Thoughts:

GFX are good. Not mind shattering but good competent so far.
Terrible loading and overall very clumsy travel system.
UI and button prompts and holding buttons and so forth is fairly cumbersome and amateurish at times.
Sound is much improved from the alpha but also seems compressed at times. I saw others noticing this. Just not sure. Seemed off at times but also improved in other spots.
Gameplay is very pedestrian so far.
Loot is fairly poor but from what I hear gets way better later. Odd choice to not capture someones desire right away but its their decision.
Voice is improved with the effects and inflection being used but still odd.

Will be interesting to see not only the initial sales but the tale end on this one.
With all the invisible walls gone and so forth it may really open up.

Mostly agreed with this (the UI and button stuff is still really cool, like how quickly to summon a vehicle). The AI is a big disappointment but then this isn't a SP shooter like Halo so I need to judge it by a different set of standards as there are other players so they can get turned around from different angles. Yet, no group cohesion between enemies as if they're aware of each other, maybe a purple ball shielding others sometimes. One part, some Thrall/Acolyte enemies retreat but on a repeat you find out those are sadly scripted. I guess it's a Halo thing that you're going to stay in cover quite a bit and enemies don't bother to flush you out because of the regenerating system so they're gentleman-y like that.

This is definitely a better playing Borderlands with MMO trappings, we will only know when the game comes out that the loot or RPG stuff shakes out for long-term variety or just goes by the way side to keep on getting improved tiny bit by tiny in sequential installments like Ass Creed.

Playing with others in this social shared world definitely is enjoyable. Love the character designs and art direction, fantastic skyboxes and time lapse atmosphere. That's the stuff I've enjoyed the most more than the quite predictable gameplay (no wonder some people get bored just from watching the game). I'm not feeling the ping pong between classes like in a Borderlands co-op session. Story premise and delivery not grabbing me whatsoever, which is unfortunate considering the voice cast.

playing this right after Wolfie has raised my expectations
:p

Whatever, back to dancing!
iAZain8b2pSI.gif

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I got this as a reward for the Strike and have been using it since...crits for about 200 now on most of the enemies

iH4LsVEp38YzG.jpg
962.gif

I've used a revolver for like 70% of my time playing this game and the only upgrade I got was a store purchase I made and it doesn't have any upgrade features when you use it enough. It was a mild upgrade at best too... ugh

Finally had time to actually start downloading the beta today after work. was with the girlfriend all last night. Forgot how kinda slow PSN download speeds are. Much faster than PS3, but it's probably going to take at least an hour to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom