• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Concept Art Analysis - IGN [360/PS3/"Future Gen", No Port Whining]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stark

Banned
I hope it's not set in stone that we can't play as one of the alien races. At least in the Competitive multiplayer!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They can't wait until E3 for an official trailer. Will they have one on Feb. 20th, Pax or a MS event?
Who needs a trailer when we're getting a ViDoc in an hour and a half?

I think we'll get a CG teaser of a trailer too though.

Jesus H. Christ.

Can't even look ONE post above yours?

aint_nobody_got_time_xfru1.gif

ironcreed

Banned
As I just stated in the other thread, this without question is some of the best artwork and character design that I can recall for a sci fi themed game. Really excited for this one.

The art is incredible. Hollywood level stuff. Can't wait to see more.
+1 for no subscription fee.

Huh? If there is one thing that gaming doesnt need it is these stupid comparisons to hollywood. Great art direction has nada to do with hollywood. Great art is just great art.

Izick

I am really excited for this one. I could see me and my buddy play this game for a ton of hours if it turns out the way I'm expecting. As much as I enjoy Halo, I do hope they try and differentiate how it plays.

So, when is this rumored to come out? Any chance at a launch game for the Nextbox/PS4?

Have you seen The Last Airbender? Show some respect.

What. Oh? You mean my favorite cartoon show of all time? I dont understand the hollywood comparisons. I find them completely unnecessary. Why cant the game have great art because the art is great and the team is ambitious? Have you played Metroid Prime? Show some respect.

meta4

Huh? If there is one thing that gaming doesnt need it is these stupid comparisons to hollywood. Great art direction has nada to do with hollywood. Great art is just great art.

While I agree I dont think there is anything wrong with the comparison's sometimes - after all a lot of games do use many movies as inspiration for their art work. Nothing wrong in being inspired from movies .

One more hour left!!

Zia

So, are we to expect actual in-game footage or details of just what the game is, or is it going to be concept art and broad goals?

DaBuddaDa

So, are we to expect actual in-game footage or details of just what the game is, or is it going to be concept art and broad goals?

The press themselves who attended their event were told ahead of time to "not expect too much in terms of specifics." I think it'll be concept art, a few in-engine screenshots and ideas.

derFeef

The press themselves who attended their event were told ahead of time to "not expect too much in terms of specifics." I think it'll be concept art, a few in-engine screenshots and ideas.

So a lot less compared to what we already know. Fantastic.

Zia

I just want to know whether it's actually the MMOFPS everyone (even incorrectly) assumed it would be or another co-op shooter with a big social network tethered to it. If it's the latter, I'm not interested, even if it is pretty.

DaBuddaDa

I just want to know whether it's actually the MMOFPS everyone (even incorrectly) assumed it would be or another co-op shooter with a big social network tethered to it. If it's the latter, I'm not interested, even if it is pretty.

I suspect something inbetween.

While I agree I dont think there is anything wrong with the comparison's sometimes - after all a lot of games do use many movies as inspiration for their art work. Nothing wrong in being inspired from movies .

One more hour left!!

I just didnt like the unstated assumption in the original post i quoted. Hollywood is no metric for great design and art.

Whatever it is, if it has that art style and no subscription fee then I'm in. My internet connection is fuzzy and goes on and off though so hopefully it can be played without one.

The IGN video is clearly supposed to come out in a couple of hours, others disagree with me. But in that video, the host says they've not released screenshots. It's likely to be concept art only.

Art looks amazing. The skyboxes in this one will be jawdropping. Thats one thing Bungle do better than anyone else in the industry.

Kinda meh about the always connected and MMOish bits though. :(

Izick

Oh wow I forgot it was the 17th today. I thought we were going to get like a little mini-preview today, but if this is their big announced day, and it's exclusive to ign only, then it's a slam-dunk guarantee that there will be some footage. Not even questioning it.

Xamdou

Oh wow I forgot it was the 17th today. I thought we were going to get like a little mini-preview today, but if this is their big announced day, and it's exclusive to ign only, then it's a slam-dunk guarantee that there will be some footage. Not even questioning it.

They have to show in-game footage... BELIEVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom