• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny House of Wolves |OT| Fatebringer 24/7/365

Born2Live

And Destiny has its hooks into me again. Hyped to play with the awesome DestinyGAF community again.

Also great job with the OP Zoba.

Lakitu

st5fu
Getting my PS4 replacement next week with The Witcher 3 waiting for me, thinking about getting both DLCs for this. Good times.

Rainmaker

Banned
Two legendary titan chests, legendary titan gauntlets, Red Hand IX, The Fulcrum, and One/One Synesthete. This is a good start. Also, these new shaders look great. Can't wait to grab them.

Does this expansion have any content that benefits a level 1 playthrough (ie new game) or is it all content for end level characters?

I'm thinking in terms of stuff like new weapons/sidearms etc that apply from the beginning (versus end game content)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
No idea if I even care enough to buy this, but that sure was a good OT.

Edit: for what it's worth, I am definitely more interested in this than I was Dark Below, which I had absolutely no interest in. Will wait to see impressions/reviews but I could actually see myself picking this up.

Aequitas

Good on Bungie for attempting to reduce the grind with some of their tweaks to the game. Really digging the guaranteed loot with armor and weapon cores.

Ugh I have that Destiny ~feeling~

the sense of awe and wonder and excitement I had during the alpha/beta/game launch

I didn't have it with TDB... I just feel like so much of what I've seen so far feels like Bungie actually listened.

BokehKing

Banned
I didn't have it with TDB... I just feel like so much of what I've seen so far feels like Bungie actually listened.
That's because they did
But only to a realistic extent
With the laundry list of what people want, I just wouldn't realistically expect it until Destiny 2 (not even the taken king, the fall expansion)

The enemy dropship immunity they added in to patch 1.2.0.1 has no effect in the dlc missions, you can still kill the fallen as they get ready to fall from a dropship lol, nice one bungie :p

Is he just gone from the game now (the new stuff I mean) or do people expect to hear from him again in Comet or Destiny 2?

I presumed he was important and would have a few lines, it's like now he's no more and his AI just turned off after you killed the black heart.

BokehKing

Banned
Is he just gone from the game now (the new stuff I mean) or do people expect to hear from him again in Comet or Destiny 2?
I would expect him to be gone for good, he cost too much money, you can hire anyone to pick up where he left off in future installments

But

They did place "that wizard came from the moooon" back into that second story mission

Lan_97

Hmm, this looks pretty good. I stopped playing after hitting 30 on each class, and despite owning the limited edition never came back for the first expansion. It seems like the new gear upgrading will make my characters feel less immediately useless.

patchday

just wanted to say OP looks great. just a little burned out on the game. might bite later tho. Will keep my eyes on the thread for impressions.just wish we got some new enemies to fight. I think ive killed way too many fallen, cabal, etc.

some new crucible gameplay modes would've gotten me hyped too.

Yall have fun!!!

Is crota expansion required or can i go from vanilla straight to HoW?

of course you can skip Crota

Finally the subway is open, that area which has been there since the beta full of enemies and ghosts can be accessed in a mission.... lulz

*edit* and it's
a small little area with a miniboss at the end,
that's it.

delaneya

I do like the Vanilla build of Destiny.with this new expansion is it worth getting a season pass now? Because i am not sure.

GhaleonEB

Is crota expansion required or can i go from vanilla straight to HoW?

Not required. Some good stuff in it, but it's not necessary for House of Wolves; they're independent. (I like the raid and strikes, but the value prop is not nearly as strong as with HoW.)

The upper citadel got a redesign, I wonder if that's to add in some platforming or because everyone and their pets were able to see the old version glitching in.

I do like the Vanilla build of Destiny.with this new expansion is it worth getting a season pass now? Because i am not sure.

Stuff everyones get's for free on the base game right now:

All the changes to balance and weapon upgrade trees
Dark Below PvP maps
Access to the reef, though limited.

If you want a handfull of new quests (both independant to one another in story), one new raid, the new PvP modes, engram rewards from strikes and items dedicated to the dark below and house of wolves, go for it.

DryvBy

This is more like an expansion than the previous. Need to take a nap but I can see myself investing some time into this.

funkypie

Banned
will my exotics that are not fully upgraded, still go straight to 365 with a shard?

also is this the same with legendaries with etheral light? I cba fully upgrading my shotty and want to skip doing it and just use an etheral light.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like a decent amount of content compared to the first "expansion." I'll definitely check it out since I bought the Digital Guardian edition. I haven't played in a few months.

netguy503

where do I go to exchange materials if there are materials I don't want which was supposed to be included in this DLC? Also if anyone wants to play the story with me PSN: Netguy503. Would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

KZObsessed

Just got The Witcher 3 today, but think I'll give this a go this weekend. Havn't played Destiny in ages and this update does sound really good.

weevles

I am excite. Just as I was burning out, I have renewed interest to play some more. Can't wait to upgrade my shit and get better gear easier/faster.

Finally the subway is open, that area which has been there since the beta full of enemies and ghosts can be accessed in a mission.... lulz

*edit* and it's
a small little area with a miniboss at the end,
that's it.

Before I click on that spoiler, what do you mean by Subway?

The only Subway I can think of is the mission on Mars.

For what I have seen the story missions are a nice improvement but still very samey and short, the new areas are a nice extra but really wasted, the citadel area especially is a big waste for such a short segment.

Buy the dlc for the other content, not the story missions.

Before I click on that spoiler, what do you mean by Subway?

The only Subway I can think of is the mission on Mars.

there's a subway station or some kind of station on earth, the door has been closed on it ever since the beta but you could glitch in and fight enemies there, one of the new dlc missions takes you in there finally.

The spoiler isn't really a spoiler but if you want to go in blind just ignore it, it's not a grand boss spoiler or anything.

netguy503

Just reached lvl 32 with material exchange and updated my exotic helmet to max for year 1. So easy now. But does anyone know how to get Etheric Light yet?

Carl

God damn that
vault of glass
level was really cool.

Glad people that never got a chance to experience that will get to see some of it

Top Bottom