• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny House of Wolves |OT| Fatebringer 24/7/365

Waiting 2 more hours or so before I start the story stuff, but I unboxed all my ill-gotten chest goodies and this is what the reeftarch gave me.
yDZIYJi.jpg

Fisty

I might get back into this, havent played a single minute since october though. That digital guardian edition isnt gonna justify itself.

Lvl 29 hunter/medic on PS4, send a friend request with gaf in the msg or something
big-_-_-_-boss69

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I wish we were able to zoom out when viewing gear in the store. I want to see how all of the warlocks cloak/chest piece looks, not just the chest.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Whoa!!! I was running from the Steppes to the Divide and was shocked when a level 28 Queens Stealth Captain jumped out and attacked me in the room that has the Dregs and Shanks in it.

Anyone else have this happen? Is this to be expected now?

Seijuro

Been so out of the loop with Destiny, been playing mostly crucible last year and only got two lvl 26s characters.
But since I bought the season pass on a whim I have 2 questions:

Can you access the new HoW strike(s?) without playing story first?
Can you access the Dark Below strikes in playlists without clearing TDB story?

Every weapon in destiny has a hidden auto-aim stat. This perk basically makes it easier to headshot.

Hmm... Not sure how to feel about that. Hopefully it doesn't create issues in the crucible. Personally I think I'll reroll weapons with that perk as often I find the auto aim dragging my shots off target when other enemies sprint in front of me.

Questions because I can't find answers :

- Do I need to buy and TDB to play this ?
- I haven't played since vanilla. How do I upgrade my exos and legs ? Brand new system or first I have to go through the stupid TDB upgrade ?

Carl

Beat the nightfall with just two of us and first try. Nice and difficult

Also did Prison on 28. Ridiculously easy On that difficulty

- I haven't played since vanilla. How do I upgrade my exos and legs ? Brand new system or first I have to go through the stupid TDB upgrade ?

From what I can tell TDB is not needed for this, Two totally separate expansions. But I mean come on Eris is lonely now... That whore Petra took her thunder!

exotic upgrade from TDB was thrown out. you can upgrade any exotic or legendary at any time. all you need is an exotic shard and some mats for legendaries and etheric light for legendaries. you buy the former from xur or dismantling exotics. the latter are drops from the new activities and iron banner.

don't need the dark below at all.

ryseing

New content is great. A bit overwhelming though. Lot of new stuff going on for someone who hasn't played since TDB.

Vestian Dynasty is sick. Nice of Bungie to give that out just for completing a story mission.

Anyway, if you want to help a (relative) newbie out, I'm bmc811 on PS4. Level 27 Titan. I'll be splitting time between HoW and Witcher the next few days.

Damn. I did the math and moved engrams around on the web app to maximize my gains from all the blue engrams I farmed from ether chests since Friday.

Hunter gets a Cryptarch rank, Titan gets a Cryptarch rank but my poor Warlock will be 7 short even after the 4 engrams I get from ranking the Hunter and titan. :(

Good part is that I will likely be getting more engrams during wanted missions and other stuff. Hopefully Rahool is as nice to me tonight as he was last night (God of War shader!).

How does leveling work if I did not get the Dark Below?

The reception for House of Wolves seems much warmer

Any legendary gear can be ascended to max light levels, even pre-TDB stuff. So no need, at least for now, to go through and worry about Crota gear. Same goes for weapon attack power.

This is definitely a step in the right direction, the story was infinitely much more interesting this time around.The story missions (especially the last two) were so much fun! The characters in the reef are all interesting. Been playing for about 4-5 hours and I just feel the need to take a nice break. It's got a good load of content that I hope will keep us occupied until the next content drops.

I haven't tried POE yet, will definitely give it a go later tonight.

GhaleonEB

How does leveling work if I did not get the Dark Below?

The reception for House of Wolves seems much warmer

See "gear upgrades" at the top of the OP.

Essentially exotics ascend up to max level with an exotic shard (from Xur or another exotic). Legendaries are leveled with etheric light, earned in several activities (Prison of Elders, Nightfall, Iron Banner, Trials of Osiris). Max level (36 light / 365 damage) gear will drop in HoW activities.

Dunlop

Damnit,

I just got the nerve to pick up BloodBorne and learn why people play these Soul games this weekend.

It's starting to click with me and the hype from this thread is going to ruin all the hard work I put in as I abandon BB for Destiny

So I played PoE (level 28 MM) and after completing it was rewarded with my 5th Ghorn, a new HoW Legendary rocket launcher, a new Vanquard Hunter Legendary chest piece, an emblem, and another Queen's treasure key (quite the haul, I also got the Vestian Dynasty sidearm after the first HoW story mission - not sure if everyone automatically gets it as a reward for that mission or not)..

Can I run the same level 28 PoE and use the Queen's treasure key again this week or do I have to wait until next week?

TyrantII

Damnit,

I just got the nerve to pick up BloodBorne and learn why people play these Soul games this weekend.

It's starting to click with me and the hype from this thread is going to ruin all the hard work I put in as I abandon BB for Destiny

Why not both? That's what I'm doing!

That said, you'll start doing chicken walks for a few min when you come back to Destiny

That Vestian dynasty is my new favorite gun.

Edit: Also, even though it was short, did anyone else like the story? I thought they did some pretty cool stuff with it.

jett

D-Member
The "story" was as interesting as the TDB, meaning not at all. And they reused ideas and assets from the VoG. Okay then. :p The Reef Fallen guy is pretty cool though. But these barebones "story" missions just seem lazy. I definitely feel like we all got taken for a ride with their expansion pass thing. Maybe they should just stop with adding story stuff, I'm not sure if there's anything they could implement that could make me give a rat's ass about the story in Destiny.

I hope HoW's PVP maps are better than TDB's.

TyrantII

Maybe they should just stop with adding story stuff, I'm not sure if there's anything they could implement that could make me give a rat's ass about the story in Destiny.

I hope HoW's PVP maps are better than TDB's.

IMO they need to take look at the souls series and how they tell stories through lore, and then fallout and how that tells stories through explorations and missions.

The Master Chief, character driven story just isn't working here. And its felt tacked on since the start (probably because Activision wasn't going to spend $500 million on a new IP without a "traditional" campaign).

Get rid of dinkbot, and put more to spelunk around and discover in the word that tells a story. And no, no collectibles or audio logs.

Demon Ice

Banned
For those of you that finished Prison of Elders already, what are your overall thoughts on it?

Is it better (either harder or more fun) than either of the raids?

I thought it was pretty fun but too easy...

Until I got to the final round of the 32 and 34 arenas. Those were hard. And very, very fun.

The1Ski

See "gear upgrades" at the top of the OP.

Essentially exotics ascend up to max level with an exotic shard (from Xur or another exotic). Legendaries are leveled with etheric light, earned in several activities (Prison of Elders, Nightfall, Iron Banner, Trials of Osiris). Max level (36 light / 365 damage) gear will drop in HoW activities.

Aaaahh now it's clicking...... might have to scoop this up...

Septic360

Banned
I was skeptical of this and quite rightly so. I really cant believe just how shoddy the whole expansion is.

The story mode is basically a glorified extension of bounties. Where are the cinematics, where is the meaningful encounter with Queen? Recycled levels all the way through with a few tiny new additions (which many of us glitched through weeks ago anyway) and just uninspired level design throwing waves of enemies at you?

Then Prison of Elders...I mean for God's sake, if you're going not going to feature raids this time then bloody well make sure that the horde mode is actually decent. Completed at level 32 and just left thinking wtf...

Honestly sat here thinking, did we miss something? We kept asking each other that in the fireteam, is that it? Surely that cant be it? That cant be the story surely...

Seriously. What an absolutely underwhelming experience.

No seriously, Someone tell me, is that it? Taking out the Fallen leader and prison of elders? Am I missing something?

Bacon

PoE seems pretty cool. The story was more of the same destiny bs. All of it was pretty much nonsense but whatever, I think everyone knows what they are getting into at this point. I thought the strike was pretty good as well.

FiraB

Banned
Did most the story before going to tech in a hour, damn varik is a laugh. Might do a PoE when I get home after finishing the story.

Boosted my Horn, Thorn, Icebreaker and Chest to max, had to laugh at blitzing story with horn, thing was just cleaning up the tightly bundled packs.

pringles

Sounds like a lot of good changes and additions.. haven't played in a few months, maybe it's time to jump back in.

Has anything changed in terms of the upgrade materials? A big part of why I stopped playing was the stupidity of sitting there with infinite Ascendant Energies and Shards that were useless, but being starved for Radiant Energies and Shards that didn't drop anywhere but in Crotas End. Please tell me they've adressed this somehow.

PoE seems pretty cool. The story was more of the same destiny bs. All of it was pretty much nonsense but whatever, I think everyone knows what they are getting into at this point. I thought the strike was pretty good as well.

I hate how the dlc stories are their own bubble, it would be nice if they tied in to the main story somehow, even have the time travel chick appear once or something, anything.

bungie are the experts of throwing breadcrumbs then suddenly loosing the entire loaf.

spyder_ur

Any recommended buys from the vanguard? I actually already have the 555-ALLFATE (from an engram), the Pest Control Matrix from a package, and Give/Take Equation from a crucible match.

Carl

So I played PoE (level 28 MM) and after completing it was rewarded with my 5th Ghorn, a new HoW Legendary rocket launcher, a new Vanquard Hunter Legendary chest piece, an emblem, and another Queen's treasure key (quite the haul, I also got the Vestian Dynasty sidearm after the first HoW story mission - not sure if everyone automatically gets it as a reward for that mission or not)..

Can I run the same level 28 PoE and use the Queen's treasure key again this week or do I have to wait until next week?

I just did it a second time and got morr rewards, so...

jett

D-Member
I hate how the dlc stories are their own bubble, it would be nice if they tied in to the main story somehow, even have the time travel chick appear once or something, anything.

bungie are the experts of throwing breadcrumbs then suddenly loosing the entire loaf.

The what now?

Sounds like a lot of good changes and additions.. haven't played in a few months, maybe it's time to jump back in.

Has anything changed in terms of the upgrade materials? A big part of why I stopped playing was the stupidity of sitting there with infinite Ascendant Energies and Shards that were useless, but being starved for Radiant Energies and Shards that didn't drop anywhere but in Crotas End. Please tell me they've adressed this somehow.

Well, new weapons don't need any of that shit anymore, but Radiant garbage still only drops in CE.

Top Bottom