• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manp

weekly update, 3xNFs:

- Prestige IV (with somewhat better perks than the one i already had)
- Crypt Dweller SR1 (with shitty perks, that's a given)
- Truth (again... fucking Truth! i fucking lost count of how many i got)

still no Monte Carlo :(

Had a really good Hard Vault of Glass run with a friend and DLFG.net randoms. We even blocked the Templar from teleporting, but the chest failed to spawn! Did they remove it or something?

11159903_386160671590692_1537038268681785305_o.jpg

200_s.gif

FYq7M_gif_2520_medium.gif

LeoJoyfulTears.gif

Yay! Was that from a Roc Strike???

Waldini

ROC Strike 1, came in at the end of Valus.... my 999,999th IceBreaker.
ROC Strike 2, from start to finish ... Plan C

... wuts going on bruh?

I like that you can lock things without actually inspecting them, speeds things up quite a bit.

I don't really understand the point of locking items. I thought it was to prevent other people from dismantling things while using shareplay or playing on your account, but locking/unlocking just takes a button press. I've never accidentally sharded an exotic, the fact that it takes nearly ten seconds to do so is usually enough. So I find it kinda weird.

Speaking of Exotics, this week has only given me duplicates. Fourth Hard Light and Fourth Red Death, to be specific. Two free Exotic shards, I'll take 'em!

Still have a couple of raid checkpoints left, so you never know.

I've added the Xbone player list to my third post in this thread, by the way.

ocean

Banned
I don't really understand the point of locking items. I thought it was to prevent other people from dismantling things while using shareplay or playing on your account, but locking/unlocking just takes a button press. I've never accidentally sharded an exotic, the fact that it takes nearly ten seconds to do so is usually enough. So I find it kinda weird.

Speaking of Exotics, this week has only given me duplicates. Fourth Hard Light and Fourth Red Death, to be specific. Two free Exotic shards, I'll take 'em!

Still have a couple of raid checkpoints left, so you never know.
I accidentally sharded a maxed Vision of Confluence about a week ago. I saw it was 300 and sort of figures "ah it's an unleveled dupe" in a sort of brain fart. Had it been locked, it would've been safe from my cleanup. It's a nice touch.

I accidentally sharded a maxed Vision of Confluence about a week ago. I saw it was 300 and sort of figures "ah it's an unleveled dupe" in a sort of brain fart. Had it been locked, it would've been safe from my cleanup. It's a nice touch.

Okay yeah, in that case I can understand it. Sharding legendaries is a lot quicker. Accidentally sharded a Devil You Don't as well, even though I have another one and they both have Field Scout, so eh.

Okay yeah, in that case I can understand it. Sharding legendaries is a lot quicker. Accidentally sharded a Devil You Don't as well, even though I have another one and they both have Field Scout, so eh.

I sharded my Devil You Know because I never thought they would let you upgrade legendaries.

Luckily the RNG gods rewarded my insolence with TWPKY 1969 and Word of Crota.

I sharded my Devil You Know because I never thought they would let you upgrade legendaries.

Luckily the RNG gods rewarded my insolence with TWPKY 1969 and Word of Crota.

I had two Devil You Knows and two Shadow Prices. Two leveled, that I received first, and two unleveled which had a lot better rolls.

I sharded the latter. Feel so silly now. :'(

Bradach

It rained shards in CE for me yesterday and Got my second char to lvl 32!

My last char is at 30 with 2 pieces of 36 light and 2 pieces of 33 light. I'm not even leveling the 33 light stuff any further, i'll just sit tight until more raid armor drops

I also got Song of Ir Yut, an arc machine gun. I like it, it'll be useful for this weeks NF's

Shito

I also got Song of Ir Yut, an arc machine gun. I like it, it'll be useful for this weeks NF's
It was my first CE drop, and even though a lot of people say it sucks, I quite fancy it.
You will really love it during arc Phogoth: melting knights hiding behind their shields never gets old for me.

Wait, I just grabbed bounties from the Bounty Tracker. Came back and he has an entirely new roster.

EDIT: Eris too. What the fuck. :lol

It rained shards in CE for me yesterday and Got my second char to lvl 32!

My last char is at 30 with 2 pieces of 36 light and 2 pieces of 33 light. I'm not even leveling the 33 light stuff any further, i'll just sit tight until more raid armor drops

Nice! Congrats.

All my characters are stuck at 141/144 light. No boots.

TaW6g36.jpg

Bradach

Does anyone have that picture of DESTINY with the planet in the background but instead of the word DESTINY it has DIVORCE in the same font?

My friend is in the dog house with his wife because of how much he plays and I think he'd get a laugh from it :)

It was my first CE drop, and even though a lot of people say it sucks, I quite fancy it.
You will really love it during arc Phogoth: melting knights hiding behind their shields never gets old for me.
i look forward to it!

I had two Devil You Knows and two Shadow Prices. Two leveled, that I received first, and two unleveled which had a lot better rolls.

I sharded the latter. Feel so silly now. :'(

I miss my Devil that You Know

That revolver took me through so many things...man I feel bad for sharding it :(

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Why is there an intrusive heavy ammo indicator on the screen in PvP? It also tells you who picked up the heavy ammo now which is cool I guess.

ocean

Banned
Why is there an intrusive heavy ammo indicator on the screen in PvP? It also tells you who picked up the heavy ammo now which is cool I guess.
They changed the way it works to improve the flow of matches. You are notified with more time when heavy will drop, and the proximity radius for a purple brick if a teammate opens the crate is a lot larger. You can stand back, let someone open and have some ammo drop for you.

On the other hand, it's on a timer. You can't just ignore the brick and then pick it up 5 minutes later when nobody else has heavy anymore.

Lima

They changed the way it works to improve the flow of matches. You are notified with more time when heavy will drop, and the proximity radius for a purple brick if a teammate opens the crate is a lot larger. You can stand back, let someone open and have some ammo drop for you.

On the other hand, it's on a timer. You can't just ignore the brick and then pick it up 5 minutes later when nobody else has heavy anymore.

The brick also despawns if you die.

ocean

Banned
The brick also despawns if you die.
I like this. I mean there used to be an interesting meta game behind heavy ammo. Sometimes the best way to use it was actually leaving it there and playing the match out until opposing team had lost heavy through use of death, then picking yours up and raining hell.

The problem is, this caused games where at any given moment some fucker could Truth you from out of nowhere. I like the fact that heavy is now harder to hoard. Coupled with no heavy or special ammo dropping from felled enemies, I think matches are going to be more about primary weapons now. Which is indisputably a good thing.

ocean

Banned
Anybody got his PS4 shutting down into rest mode while playing since last system update ?
Do you mean the default action when you use the power button? I always turn it off via the controller where you're given the choice. The power button defaults to rest unless you turn off all the rest options (charging, dowoading etc). But I think that's been like that for a long time or even since launch?
Edit: during play? No :/

noomi

man... 10 pages short of a new OT, we are about to get into the 20's boys *tear* you make me so proud!

Has it been decided who will be doing the next one? Drizz?

Bradach

Predictions for the weekly update?
Any new info to be revealed?

They've laid out the plans for the next few weeks.

Wednesday, April 22nd - Walking tour of the The Reef
Wednesday, April 29th - Reveal and live gameplay of Trials of Osiris
Wednesday, May 6th - Reveal and live gameplay of Prison of Elders

then 2 days later

Friday, May 8th - Stay tuned! <-- whats going on here? Something big?

As someone who has just finished leveling his first character to level 30 I have one question about the game.

Why do the guns, feel so weak? In general all the weapons feel really weak. Heavy Machine gun and Rocket Launcher...Nah most enemies can just shrug them off. I mean the only weapons I like to use are the battle rifle, fuel rod, and rocket launcher, because all the other weapons feel so damn weak.

I don't care too much about the lack of story, i think the setting is interesting enough, but if I'm meant to be this bad ass guardian who can defeat gods, why do I feel like I'm struggling ?

Deku Tree

They've laid out the plans for the next few weeks.

Wednesday, April 22nd - Walking tour of the The Reef
Wednesday, April 29th - Reveal and live gameplay of Trials of Osiris
Wednesday, May 6th - Reveal and live gameplay of Prison of Elders

then 2 days later

Friday, May 8th - Stay tuned! <-- whats going on here? Something big?

Yup. I know that. It's exciting. So you think he weekly updates will not be revealing stuff too? What do other people think?

Deku Tree

As someone who has just finished leveling his first character to level 30 I have one question about the game.

Why do the guns, feel so weak? In general all the weapons feel really weak. Heavy Machine gun and Rocket Launcher...Nah most enemies can just shrug them off. I mean the only weapons I like to use are the battle rifle, fuel rod, and rocket launcher, because all the other weapons feel so damn weak.

I don't care too much about the lack of story, i think the setting is interesting enough, but if I'm meant to be this bad ass guardian who can defeat gods, why do I feel like I'm struggling ?

Are you buying legendary purple and exotic yellow weapons? Are you leveling them up? A lot of weapons are weak. Auto rifles are pretty bad now because Bungie nerfed them even though they used to be very good. Some weapons are extremely good and others are less good. But you really need to buy the good legendary and exotic weapons and then you also need to do bounties etc to level them up and Max them out.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yay! 8 energy from the last NF woot! Just what I wanted. On the bright side, 10k pulse rifle kills done and I'll never touch a pulse rifle again. Probably.

Ambitious

Fake Weekly Update from Reddit:

This week at Bungie, we tantalized you by serving up a sizzling appetizer of exposition about the coming House of Wolves.

But that was mere information: the ones and zeros, the cold, bland data. The true flavor you're seeking is &#8212; as always &#8212; delivered hot and fresh right here, in today's Weekly Update.

Can you smell it? Because over the past six months since the release of "The Dark Below," we've been consuming many veritable feasts of ideas. Feasts of celebration, feasts that herald the call to adventure.

The Hero with Thousand-Island Dressing

Others may deem them more mundane terms, but we regale these namesakes of the late John Montagu with their own royal titles: "Dagwood," "Rueben," "Monte Cristo," "Mufalletto," or "PB&J."

These are but a sampling of the sandwiches consumed daily in the heart of Bungie headquarters. These are finger-foods that matter. Sustenance that sustains. Fuel that powers the vital hearts of those who drive that great machine, coal to fire that magnificent engine of invention, often purchased in combination with Sun Chips and a Dr. Pepper. No, Pepsi is not "okay."

One such meal may have been the impetus that made possible a moment of inspiration for Bungie's own raid shipwright, J.T. In the coming weeks, I will be at liberty to share crucial details &#8212; breadcrumbs, if you will &#8212; leading to the reveal of one of the latest House of Wolves-related starships he's crafted.

But not this day. This day we focus on the origins of the hero's journey of that sandwich, that mayonnaised muse.

As this fuel progresses through the machine, waste inevitably must be expelled. When one of our royal development gurus ascends his or her throne to do so, in that reflective time between thought and action, ideas are birthed. What once were simply bread and cheese and meat are now ships of industry that sail the whirlpools of creation.

These are the ideas that become Destiny.

&#8230; also, gas, occasionally.

Earlier today, I myself crossed from the realm of the known to the unknown, journeyed dozens of meters from the secure redoubt of Bungie headquarters on a quest to trace that elusive boon I believe to be the source of such inspiration. In this ducal palace, home to the modern namesakes of that magnificent Earl of Sandwich, one can find the muse that inspires our art. Of course, that sandwich-maker is himself a &#8220;sandwich artist."

One such practitioner, who I shall name, "Wheezy," after his eponymous badge, had this to say as we together gazed, admiring one of his creations.

Wheezy: You gonna pay for that?

Stay tuned, you curators of the lupine sublime, for next week's update, when I wax bombastic on the bowel movements that symphonically accompanied the ideas that will become the notes that will become the design meeting pitch that will become the first of many steps in the approval process of said spacecraft.

Bring Your Own Roll

Until then, here's one brief glimpse through the porthole of a future timestream when I will share the words of that great master, J.T. himself, on the digital manifestation of his creation:

Tell me how you created your latest masterpiece.

J.T.: Well, I opened the old raid ship's file.

Yes?

J.T.: Then I put a wolf on it.

Is that so?

J.T.: Then I put two more wolves on it.

It has the strength of a pack now, doesn't it?

J.T.: Sure. Then I hit "Save As."

The press of those keys sparked a creation, the completed circuits the divine lightning. Truly, this is a master of worlds both real and unreal.

But that is enough of apotheotic edibles for now, perhaps too much. Best to digest what we have.

With all I'll reveal in next week's update, you'll definitely need to flush twice to reach the kitchen.

BeeJ, out.

Fucking hell. Indistinguishable from the real thing.

Lima

I like this. I mean there used to be an interesting meta game behind heavy ammo. Sometimes the best way to use it was actually leaving it there and playing the match out until opposing team had lost heavy through use of death, then picking yours up and raining hell.

The problem is, this caused games where at any given moment some fucker could Truth you from out of nowhere. I like the fact that heavy is now harder to hoard. Coupled with no heavy or special ammo dropping from felled enemies, I think matches are going to be more about primary weapons now. Which is indisputably a good thing.

Honestly the best way was to leave it there until everyone is done firing rockets and shit and then pick it up with a machine gun like Jolder's Hammer or Against all odds. I got a 28 kill streak once like that. I had an even higher kill streak when heavy ammo dropped from killing people that had heavy. God that was stupid. Crucible is in a much better state now compared to launch.

Are you buying legendary purple and exotic yellow weapons? Are you leveling them up? A lot of weapons are weak. Auto rifles are pretty bad now because Bungie nerfed them even though they used to be very good. Some weapons are extremely good and others are less good. But you really need to buy the good legendary and exotic weapons and then you also need to do bounties etc to level them up and Max them out.

How do you buy them? The only way i've been getting weapons are through rewards/random loot drops. I do know that I can upgrade my weapons, which is awesome btw. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom