• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yesssssss!
After six days of haphazard practice and failed attempts (basically more practice), a good friend and I finally managed to two-man Crota on Normal without dying, securing Flawless Raider for the both of us. And the Guardian Lord platinum for meeeeeee!!!

Edit - I have not yet been blessed with Ghorn, Hunger, or Vex. The big 3 I'm still missing. But I've only put roughly 1,000 hours into the game, so clearly my dedication is not quite there.

I made a conscious choice as CE was approaching to sit out on the flawless raids and wait to see if Crota was easier. I ain't even mad.

Yeah we debated that back in the day. Definitely would have saved us some time and frustration. No question that CE is the way to go now, but I'd still recommend people try flawless VoG just for fun. It really is a blast, easily the most fun I've had with this game, and near the top of my all time gaming memories.

Feels like we should apply some baseball hall of fame rules. Those that did flawless CE, get an asterisk by their name...

Haha I wouldn't want to separate people like that, although it would be funny. A GLord is a GLord. Do CE for the trophy, but do VoG for the fun and excitement. It would be less stressful if you weren't worried about screwing up the trophy for other people.

I just miss the intensity and teamwork of Flawless VoG, it brought out such strong emotions. Really brought teams together. Multiple people deleted their games or quit Destiny forever after painful flawless wipes, lol. I still remember what Dhruv and Deku sounded like on the mic after plummeting to their deaths on the jumps, lol. Hard to explain I guess, probably doesn't sound like most people's idea of "fun."

phen0m24

Yesssssss!
After six days of haphazard practice and failed attempts (basically more practice), a good friend and I finally managed to two-man Crota on Normal without dying, securing Flawless Raider for the both of us. And the Guardian Lord platinum for meeeeeee!!!

Dang! Impressive!!! Congrats to you guys

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
:-/ sorry about anyone who is not in, please sign up via the form in you do want the spot in any shape or form, those who do will be guaranteed it and those who don't can only get the spot if any of those who did sign up are no-shows. At the moment we have a full team of people who'd signed up

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Dang! Impressive!!! Congrats to you guys

He doesn't care for trophies, but for some reason, this one called to him.
He wants to make Destiny his first platinum, but is a big chagrined to learn that he has so many dead ghosts to hunt for, and two other classes to max out.

But I think he's actually going to do it.

phen0m24

:-/ sorry about anyone who is not in, please sign up via the form in you do want the spot in any shape or form, those who do will be guaranteed it and those who don't can only get the spot if any of those who did sign up are no-shows. At the moment we have a full team of people who'd signed up
If you have 6 already don't worry about me then Hawkian. I can be available on standby if need be

The original trio did VoG and bugs were crawling all over us. It was like an episode of fear factor

Lol your team finished before they hot fixed Atheon cheese and completely broke him for flawless runs. Had to wipe once inside the room for the patch to load correctly, so on flawless runs his teleports were completely f'ed. My first successful run with Steroyd, Cyborg and Lik he teleported 0 people 6 straight times so we had to kill him without any T's V.
Old Man Boguester re-telling his "back in my day..." stories.

Outside that, VoG isn't very glitchy, especially NM when you don't have to worry about Atheon detain shields. Also, Jigga Man was the third Gaffer to get GLord and I was the fourth, about an hour before you. But who would be such an obsessive weirdo to even remember such things, haha :p

EL CUCO

I need to upgrade this new armor I got from Xur. I also have Red Death, 3LW, Hawkmoon to work on but there's no way I'm grinding out anything in PvE.

Going forward, I Think I'm just doing the weekly Raids with my crew and just play some Crucible till the bounties are done...that's it. I'll do a NF or weekly if one of my friends wants to run them.

todd360

Yesssssss!

Edit - I have not yet been blessed with Ghorn, Hunger, or Vex. The big 3 I'm still missing. But I've only put roughly 1,000 hours into the game, so clearly my dedication is not quite there.

Send me your proof.

I'm so pissed I have to make a new picture for the third time today. Freaking bungie and there easy plats.

He doesn't care for trophies, but for some reason, this one called to him.
He wants to make Destiny his first platinum, but is a big chagrined to learn that he has so many dead ghosts to hunt for, and two other classes to max out.

But I think he's actually going to do it.

That's the spirit. Flawless for fun! Maxing out the other classes sounds bad at first but it's really fun to play a character as each class. And the ghosts will be easier than it seems. I was surprised how much I enjoyed just driving around and looking at the scenery instead of the usual "go here shoot this" mentality of strikes and story missions.

shem935

Banned
Weirdest crota kill ever. Crota stands up really fast, swordbearer takes forever to spawn, crota moves right refuses to drop, halfway slashes me and then drops.

Lol your team finished before they hot fixed Atheon cheese and completely broke him for flawless runs. Had to wipe once inside the room for the patch to load correctly, so on flawless runs his teleports were completely f'ed. My first successful run with Steroyd, Cyborg and Lik he teleported 0 people 6 straight times so we had to kill him without any T's V.
Old Man Boguester re-telling his "back in my day..." stories.

That is literally walking uphill in the snow to school. Both ways, type of story.

Bungie didn't give a shit about that trophy apparently.

E92 M3

Todd - to ease the pain with Guardian Lord updates, just make set days in the week where you add new ones. So, say Wednesdays and Sundays. Something like that lol

LTWood12

Lun, Bogue, and the rest. Got a hard crota kill or 2 I need to do tonight if you're up for it. I'll be on in the next hour hopefully. Me and T-44 will be looking for 4 more.

Just send me an invite whenever people are ready to VoG it up, I'm ready to roll.

Why not go for flawless VoG for fun instead? :p

Lol my flawless VoG skills are rusty but I still think I could #teamfirsttry it. Spent too many hours on that to ever forget it, I'm more likely to forget my own birthday first...

Exotics: Oh boy. This is where TDB really fell flat. New weapons are ass. But most of all, there's too few of them. I mean we got a RL that doesn't track, a primary sniper that's (insult redacted in honor of recent VoG run), a shotgun outclassed by vendor legendaries and a LOL Raid Exotic. 4 weapons is just not enough, even ignoring the fact that they're all subpar. This is where they can really make a difference in making it feel fresh. I don't think this is exaggerated but I think each expansion should bring 10ish new Exotic weapons. New Exotic bounties. Tick all the boxes, give us new Exotics of every weapon type. There's no Exotic Void Sniper, or Arc Rocket Launcher, or Void Fusion Rifle/Shotgun. I feel they did better on the armor front with interesting choices. Starfire, Obsidian Mind, Ruin Wings, Radiant Dance Machines et al added some fun perks. But weapons, oh man.

one of issues as i see it is that some of the OG weapons are just too good

granted thats no excuse for total dogs like no beyond

but how do you top stuff like gjallarhorn and ice breaker

new exotics are new exotics and people will grind for them regardless i guess

ocean

Banned
one of issues as i see it is that some of the OG weapons are just too good

granted thats no excuse for total dogs like no beyond

but how do you top stuff like gjallarhorn and ice breaker

new exotics are new exotics and people will grind for them regardless i guess
Dragon's Breath with tracking would have been widely lauded. Necrochasm with better impact would have been good. Black Hammer would have made a fantastic exotic sniper. They did great with providing varied and interesting perks on armor, in sure they could do the same with weapons if they were so inclined.

Messiek

New |OT| !!!
We need some new content to spark the heart of this thread.
After House of wolves ... |OT23| or more .

ocean

Banned
Damn, now that's an idea!

*sigh* starting to regret sharding all of VoG gear. I at least need a full Titan can opener set....
We could take it a step further and use VoG weapons :) FB/VoC + Praedyth's + Corrective Measure? :p Edit: here's my load out, all VoG

a3IEf9O.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom