• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

NEW ST 14 IN 2 ENGRAMS. Thanks Based Xur!!!

Got a MoTM, the Dorkonaut, and the Stag as well.

Too much fun.

:)

Ghaleon's title Drizz, Ghaleon's

:p

Messiek

I've gotten Coins from:

Engrams
Turning in Bounties from my menu
5 for a Faction rank up
Rewards screen for Crucible / Strike

Overall you should expect to make about as many (if not more) as we used to before except now it's not at a reliable guaranteed pace.

Thx : )
I'm gonna farm coins like crazy. Haha

ocean

Banned
Why do engrams cost strange coins now? I've saved up 500 motes of light for nothing now.
That's enough Motes for 4 full Faction Ranks!

Or you could keep a stash to feed your new gear XP so you can unlock those perks automatically (hold square from inventory and all the stuff you're wearing gets XP, it's like 20 I think to fully level an Exotic)

Jinjo

Horkmewn.

I'd pick Suros. Don't like how handguns are now.

1-1, need more votes lol. Before patch 2.0 it would have been Howkmewn without a shadow of doubt. But that sweet AR buff makes me wanna relive the early vanilla Destiny days with Suros.

Engram lottery results:

Helm of Immost Light (x4)
Helm of Saint 14
Empyrean Bellicose
Knucklehead Radar (x2)
The Stag (x2)

I wish smart loot applied to the Cryptarch.

We all know by now the Cryptarch isn't very smart.
Neither is Xur.

Edit:

A good Auto Rifle is still...an Auto Rifle.

Get Hawkmoon for sure. I have a Y2 Suros that I can't wait to replace

Hmm, so Suros 2.0 isn't as good as I hope it to be? :(

XAL

Why do engrams cost strange coins now? I've saved up 500 motes of light for nothing now.

You can consume them to level up your gear really really fast and/or get 100+ rep towards your faction for faction packages. They're still plenty worth.

ocean

Banned
1-1, need more votes lol. Before patch 2.0 it would have been Howkmewn without a shadow of doubt. But that sweet AR buff makes me wanna relive the early vanilla Destiny days with Suros.

We all know by now the Cryptarch isn't very smart.
Neither is Xur.

Edit:

Hmm, so Suros 2.0 isn't as good as I hope it to be? :(
I mean it's very good I was just being a HC fanboy :p if you like ARs you'll love Suros. Looks great and the fire faster perk is super cool. I just don't like that kind of weapon.

Jinjo

I mean it's very good I was just being a HC fanboy :p if you like ARs you'll love Suros. Looks great and the fire faster perk is super cool. I just don't like that kind of weapon.

I'm more a HC fanboy too. But I haven't used them a lot ever since patch 2.0. So I am fearfull of the nerf. I guess I can always get Suros later for my Titan. Hawkmoon is maybe a better fit for a Hunter. I love the new sound Hawkmoon makes when you get an "Ace" bullet.

A general Destiny tip is doing Nightfall and buying engrams *before* purchasing whatever Xur has on sale to prevent exactly this :p

Oh, I didn't buy Insurmountable Skullfort from Xur, just got it like 4-5 times from the engrams (with different classes, even). Nightfall gave me some legendary gear/weapon that was weaker than my current stuff.
Buying Saint-14 with Legendary Marks was kinda premature, but it's OK, I have gathered 155 of the marks again already. I didn't know at the time that the exotics you can buy with Legendary Marks are actually weak(er than future rare/blue gear) and require infusing.

maomaoIYP

2x Knuckhead
2x Nighthawk
2x Graviton
1x Skyburners
1x Mask of 3rd Man
1x Empyrean
1x Taikonaut
1x Saint 14
1x Obsidian Mind

I'm pretty glad!

ocean

Banned
I'm more a HC fanboy too. But I haven't used them a lot ever since patch 2.0. So I am fearfull of the nerf. I guess I can always get Suros later for my Titan. Hawkmoon is maybe a better fit for a Hunter. I love the new sound Hawkmoon makes when you get an "Ace" bullet.
To be fair: Ace of Spades from Gunsmith seems like an amazing HC and is rather easy to get so you can spend your Marks on a weapon of another type and just get the Ace by next week :)

Bogeypop

Got the weirdest Patrol mission just a while ago. Dunno if it popped cos I randomly completed a Patrol or because I was doing a Public Event. It was a three part where you basically had to guess what it wanted you to do then then the ?????? would fill up with letters and make your objective clear.

eHTXI7a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom