• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Will I be able to farm at least 50 coins for next week?
50 might be a stretch. But remember each faction rank = 5 Coins, and they drop sooo much more often now from either decrypting a blue or turning in an Engram or whatever. I've played a lot this week so it may not be representative of a week with average play time, but I'm sure I've made over 30 this week without counting the billion faction rank ups I got

Yep, working on it. Already posted about it. Also watching for title suggestions.

Some from last night:
|OT♦31|
Get your rock off our thread
(Dialog from very early TTK)
|OT♦31| Dread Not the Dreadnaught[/QUOTE]

|OT♦31| Where Kings Fall

Fitting since it'll be the raid thread?

OT |31| Return of the King

A bit on the nose, but it fits for both Bungie, and Oryx with the raid release.

Alternately:

OT |31| Raiding for Asshats

Messiek

I don't have more strange coins but I'm satisfied with what I got. Will I be able to farm at least 50 coins for next week? Say yes, please.

chur

Once, yeah. I was trying to navigate the 'platforms', a term I use vaguely at best.

I gave up on that after

1) I made my way down but lost a bunch of health from misjudging which muddy texture was a flat surface, and which was slightly sloped at a negative-4% grade, which would send me hurling forward, away from the cliff, with no boost to soften my fall.

2) I made my way to the bottom and managed to survive with a bit of health, only to immediately be shot by a Taken goblin upon 'landing'

So I just hail married it, swan dived off and tried to time the jump jets as best I could. I survived, ran for cover and moved on.

But yeah, I was frustrated with the level design, lol.

The battles were all fine, solo. It's just the stupid 'hey, we're going to be clever and include some platforming, but oh ****, we are terrible at designing platforming and always ****ing have been'. Bungie gonna Bungie.
Have you never gone that way? I always go that way in VoG because it's fun as hell and faster.

phen0m24

Should I get out of bed on 4 hours sleep and try the wheel o RNG

Drizzy the best title came from GhaleonEB

Raiding for Asshats (need a gif of they ugly titan helmet and the one of Luke putting the hat on again)

Sorry that one's just too funny

PS - page 404 Title not Found ;)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Honestly, the craziest shit about this is that Xur isn't selling Exotic Shards anymore.

That's like... kind of a big deal. Especially because you need exotic shards to infuse exotics.

Strider

Didn't have luck with the Engrams I bought. Wanted the new Nightstalker helmet. Got Skyburners Annex (x2), Mask of the Third Man, and like 3 Warlock helmets.

Still no scout rifle.

This game hates me.

BahamutPT

Being so close never felt so far :(

RRlfdJL.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Aha, blue upgrade for my primary slot. I can use this til I get a better one, then feed it to my 200 Apple of Discord to bring it up with me.

Neat.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The rolls between year 2 exotics are different this time around too. Got a Celestial Nighthawk that ran nothing but intellect - my next one had dis/str

perks all different too

think before u shard pls

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Had to waste nearly 800 for my new Saint. Had at least six dupes of inmost, skullfort, the new titan ones and graviton.

At least I got a bunch of stuff.

ocean

Banned
I may have overdone my Heavy Ammo splurge last week. Only have 450 Coins. I know I won't wanna stop until I get my Hunter something sweet

maomaoIYP

How do these three of coins exactly work, do you have to pop them at the start of a strike or are they in a timer?
No idea man, someone earlier reported that he popped one at the beginning of a strike and the buff was gone when he hit the boss. He did think that dying might have caused the debuff though.

Deku Tree

Massive engram decrypt post in progress

Bellicose
LBN int only
Annex
St-14
LBN int-str
Radar
Stag. Int-dis
Stag int-str

Stag
Mind
Annex
Mind
LBN
Stag
Stag
Mind
Mind

Switch from warlock to Hunter

Annex
Stag
forfeit
Radar
Nighthawk
Annex
Radar
Forfeit
Mind

Switch to Titan

St-14
St-14
Inmost light
St-14
Mind
Inmost light
Annex
Skullfort
Inmost light

Two more...

The Taikonaut (Helmet)
Forfeit

all done

Got lots of new helmets!

No luck getting Year 2 Helm of Saint 14

Like main Helm of Inmost Light was common trash constantly appearing. Obsidian Mind as well for me but that helmet is amazing!

Got the 2 new Titan ones and both new Hunter ones. No luck getting any of the new Warlock ones (is it just The Stag or is there 2?)

lupin23rd

This is the legacy engrams.

It is heavily weighted toward getting you exotics you do not have. If you're missing any Y1 stuff for your collection. If it is also a year 2 recipient, you unlock it for your account blueprints.

Thanks for mentioning this! Had all the heavy weapons excerpt Thunderlord and Xur did not disappoint me!

XAL

ayyyyyy this is horseshit bungie

Didn't they promise that coins would never be a nightfall reward ever again like 2 big patches ago?

8cpqbiI.jpg

It's fucking on.

Bonus:

From three of coins? How does that work exactly....

How many do you use and does the buff go away after you get 1 engram to drop?

Taken, not Xur'ed.

DO IT!

I get the Bond thing but how do the Taken relate to Xur? Don't really get that and I'd prefer something raid related since that's obviously the big hype now.

My computer is obscenely slow. I'll post something crappy soon so people can keep spamming that one about Xur and less about where the new thread is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom