• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I remember when I got a God-roll Matador from the rewards screen after a crucible match when I was starting out in Destiny. My friend just chuckled and said,"you got the g-roll just like that." Difference is that you could do something in House of Wolves. Now you are at the mercy of rng to hope you can get something decent.

Honestly, I didn't like the re-rolling of weapons AT ALL in HoW. Everyone was using the exact same guns with the exact same rolls. No weapon felt special or unique.

SnakeEyes

Banned
HAHAHA....They nerfed Ghorn saying they hated having an arbitrary thing dictate how easy it is to find a group on LFG, yet make a COMPLETELY RNG Based light level that is arbitrary over anything about 312.

They really got it right in House of Wolves. It was fairly easy to hit light level 34 and that was it. Period. (Yes, LFG required Ghorn...but lots of folks had it by then). You just found a group and went for it. It was lovely.

Thanks Bungie.
You know what would have solved their initial problem? Selling it through Xur more. It appeared once in the first 3-4 weeks of Xur being a thing, and then appeared again once almost a year later before. The whole LGF bollocks would have been a moot point, and then they could have just toned down the damage of the Wolfpack Rounds like they invariably did.

71uQYNKiKCL._SX425_.jpg

Dualshock 4's are $40 on Newegg.com with code EMCEFEL23.

Honestly, I didn't like the re-rolling of weapons AT ALL in HoW. Everyone was using the exact same guns with the exact same rolls. No weapon felt special or unique.
That's true, but what about when you're facing someone who got a great roll. I can't get a rocket launcher to drop with Grenades and Horseshoes to save my life, but I could in HoW provided I had materials. Now, I'm not saying everything was great in HoW because the pvp meta was annoying as hell
until you got your hands on a Messanger/Hopscotch <3
, but I appreciate the options you had in it.

Mindlog

There's only one weapon at all that looks special or unique now and that's Kadey's Grasp of Malok.

I don't believe the current system is an improvement. Nothing has really changed. There are too many bad perks in the pool and quite a few of them were added just because of reforging.

Until PvP and PvE are separated I like having forging as a backstop to a leveled playing field.

stay gold

It wasn't ideal, but it's better than now where you wait months and months for a weapon to drop, and then it becomes 3 legendary marks because this game is jam packed with garbage perks.

Which is really the underlying problem. If there were more good perks to choose from, even with re-rolling people would have different setups to suit their preferences.

vctor182

Rather than bringing back rerolling I'd much rather have them massively increase the legendary weapon drop rate. Rerolling was boring because everyone had optimal rolls and once you had the ideal roll you had no reason to ever want that weapon to drop again. If guns dropped like candy it would at least be more exciting to get an optimal roll as opposed to just spending a bunch of weapon parts.

Compared to Year 1, legendary guns are dropping like candy. I guess I'm one of the odd ones that are fine the way Destiny is right now.
+ I can buy weapon parts.
+ I have all the exotics (except fucking necrochasm!) and my favorite ones are 310.
+ I can now use marks to buy planet mats
+ I can level up stuff fairly quick with motes of light

The only thing I would complain about is the bullshit AA snipers have.

Compared to Year 1, legendary guns are dropping like candy. I guess I'm one of the odd ones that are fine the way Destiny is right now.
+ I have all the exotics (except fucking necrochasm!) and my favorite ones are 310.

I really like where Destiny is atm, except I believe hand cannons could be slightly touched up, and we REALLY need more endgame content.

Maybe in PvE the legendary drop rate is improved, but in PvP it actually seems to have decreased since HoW. Regardless it needs to be far more generous across the board than it is now, especially with the strike specific loot drops. Nothing is worse than running a heroic strike and getting two rare armor pieces and a rare rocket launcher.

Raven117

You know what would have solved their initial problem? Selling it through Xur more. It appeared once in the first 3-4 weeks of Xur being a thing, and then appeared again once almost a year later before. The whole LGF bollocks would have been a moot point, and then they could have just toned down the damage of the Wolfpack Rounds like they invariably did.
This would have made the most sense for sure..:but the chase for that gun was real...like it or not, I think that is what kept a lot of people "hate playing" Destiny over the entire year.

I hope we never go back to those days, but I think that's what they had in mind all along.

SnakeEyes

Banned
This would have made the most sense for sure..:but the chase for that gun was real...like it or not, I think that is what kept a lot of people "hate playing" Destiny over the entire year.

I hope we never go back to those days, but I think that's what they had in mind all along.
Wasn't much of a chase for me... ^_^
Bought it when Xur had it for sale in week 3, then got another one from the exotic chest the next week when Vault of Glass released.

I asked my raid group on Tuesday if anyone was on their first Dualshock. No one was.

I am on my 5th DS4. First two were launch and the second two were the replacements Sony sent me. Now that I think about it both the first ones broke while playing destiny and the the second two also.... My trigger finger is to strong.

v1perz53

is there anything different about the anniversary controller? noticed its like 10 more bucks

There are some that say the anniversary controller is of a different build than the others, which minorly improves on some issues you can get with the DS4 such as bumpers getting stuck and rubber on the sticks peeling. But this is purely anecdotal, and I haven't noticed the slightest difference in those ways.

I will say though that the vibration is different somehow (at least with mine), feels different when riding a sparrow. Very easy to notice during sparrow racing, since I alternate between 3 controllers based on charge.

Top Bottom