• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

the_id

Good to hear. I am excited to check out Trials this weekend and see how the connections fair.

I can assure you, with my third world middle earth internet, the damage referee is working. Being red bar most of the time is making it hard for me to connect shots and people can get to me easily.

Deku Tree

Destiny is for casual gamers looking for an mmo-type shooter. A few RPG elements here and there but nothing crazy.

Division is a tactical cover-based shooter with a lot more depth in terms of RPG elements and customization options.

Both play really different and I know I'll be pumping in a ton of hours into the division as well.

I feel like Destiny has more unique weapons, and more rewarding gun play. After reaching level 12 in the Division my impression is that there are 6 main gun archetypes and otherwise you are mainly just grinding for higher DPS versions of the same 6 guns. Granted I haven't reached the end game yet, but I haven't heard of any streamers getting end game unique yellow weapons. Destiny's end game loot was very unique and interesting in comparison. Also Destiny Raid's are more hardcore than any content that I have seen in the division so far. Granted the Division "incursions" wont start until a month after launch so we will see. Also Destiny IMO rewards individual gun skill a lot more than the Division.

Both are good games, but very different.

embalm

Bungie should sell a tea bag emote. I think it would fund the next 20 years of Destiny. Why just crouch when you cant emote!

Well that makes sense now. Lame!!

How so? They can program quality control on that.

Only your name can rejoin and only if you've been booted with an error, how can that be manipulated? There's no benefits to leaving a trials match whatsoever.

There's benefit to forcing a fake error if a boss doesn't drop the loot that you want in a strike.

Also what would happen in ToO would you spawn in alive or dead? Because if you spawn in alive why not every time you die force a false error and just rejoin as fast as you can?

There's benefit to forcing a fake error if a boss doesn't drop the loot that you want in a strike.

Well people used to kill themselves for engram farming. People today kill themselves for the Boss specific rewards now so that won't change anything. (kill boss, suicide, repeat)

The main rewards are post game.

Namikaze1

So how does DGAF like The Devision so far?

Feel like I made the right decision not to jump in.
It's fun so far.

Just need to take breaks. Game hurts my eyes after just 30 minutes. Destiny (hell, any game besides Ubisoft's) has never done that. Have CA off but damn, don't know what's causing this.

I can play Destiny for long stretches of time without my eyes hurting. Division on the other just takes about 30 minutes before I have to take a small break cause shit just hurts my eyes.

So how does DGAF like The Devision so far?

Feel like I made the right decision not to jump in.

It's fun. My practice of shadestep has helped my barrel rolls to evade death haha.

It's cool being able to mod so many things like guns and mods/class. I just got a mod where I can place down a healing station that can also revive people so it's like a super bubble for a titan except it actually heals you and revives you.

Just fun to mess with different stuff.

Also, there's a "reforging" like perk you can get and reroll your gear. They have an int/disc/str like build and the early gear only has 1 of the 3. You can actually PICK which perk you want to change it to, from what I've seen so far. So if you have an int rolled knee pads, you can reroll itand pick either discipline or strength, whichever you want. It's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to reroll normal gear in destiny like that haha It costs a decent amount of money, at least compared to what I have currently, so I can't reroll everything all the time.

Mindlog

I'm with ya. I get it. Nothing feels like the shooting in Destiny. I'm there too. But our talk of bullet sponges makes me think about Valus, or Archon Priest, or annoying captains with overshields. The games are just different.
Riffing on that.

One of the very large problems with Destiny bullet sponges is that they're most often tied to singular enemies that are incredibly lethal. With Division all enemies have a generally high level of health, but the deadliest can be temporarily angled off as a threat. The end result is that in Division you are always shooting at something. The Division further promotes smart movement with grenades and by placing monster closets in multiple directions. Destiny's design will more often force you to peak-and-shoot or even worse camp the entrance because should you decide to be mobile enemy DPS can very easily overwhelm you.

This is all exemplified by Destiny's best mission, "Fear's Embrace." Some players accustomed to the design language of nearly every mission before don't know how to handle FE. Fear's Embrace tests the players ability to be decisive. As soon as the player is comfortable FE introduces something new to the hazard management chain. Enemies in FE have high health, but with lots of obstacles you can angle most of them off and you won't die instantly. You must pick a direction and you must comit to smashing everything in your path. It's the perfect mission. 5/7

Just like every other encounter though some were used to camping the entrance and FE is completely undermined by the same tactic.

ps Opt in matchmaking for every single encounter is really nice Bungie.

Namikaze1

It's fun. My practice of shadestep has helped my barrel rolls to evade death haha.

It's cool being able to mod so many things like guns and mods/class. I just got a mod where I can place down a healing station that can also revive people so it's like a super bubble for a titan except it actually heals you and revives you.

Just fun to mess with different stuff.

Also, there's a "reforging" like perk you can get and reroll your gear. They have an int/disc/str like build and the early gear only has 1 of the 3. You can actually PICK which perk you want to change it to, from what I've seen so far. So if you have an int rolled knee pads, you can reroll it to have discipline. It's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to reroll normal gear in destiny like that haha
I fucking love the turret. Shit provides great support and almost every single enemy will focus fire on it, letting you easily pull back or take out a few ads.

The placed down medic bag is good but I just upgraded the medic bay and unlocked most of the mods for the second medic power. Using the one that basically overheals you and your allies if they're nearby.

I fucking love the turret. Shit provides great support and almost every single enemy will focus fire on it, letting you easily pull back or take out a few ads.

The placed down medic bag is good but I just upgraded the medic bay and unlocked most of the mods for the second medic power. Using the one that basically overheals you and your allies if they're nearby.

Oh yea I want that overheal too! I think I'll get that next. So many good Medic Bay mods & perks.

I need to check out that turret. I have the mod that basically gives you bonus cover fire dmg and defense.

Namikaze1

Oh yea I want that overheal too! I think I'll get that next. So many good Medic Bay mods & perks.

I need to check out that turret. I have the mod that basically gives you bonus cover fire dmg and defense.
Mod I use for medic is Overdose.

Been using the turret because some of my gear got buffs for it. Currently using the Active Sensor mod for it.

Next mods I'm gonna try and get Aretha mods for the Mobile Cover. Extensions and especially Countermeasures look like very useful mods.

Also, i haven't seen drizzay in a while. Everybody panic so this OT ends super fast and then panic that drizz is not here to post the new one.

lol I'm always paranoid about this happening. I had a dream about it last night then checked the thread when I got up today to make sure. At least with fast OTs I can just stay awake until it's time to post.

This thread will last through the BWU tomorrow and I'm hoping against hope that they tease any spring update details whatsoever. The "negative" OT titles have been appropriate during this drought but I'd love if OT40 could reference something exciting. Something... in Destiny... that's exciting since I'm not gonna name a Destiny OT after the Division :p

If they don't give us anything before we get to 20k posts, then maybe we pull a Deej and call it "check back next week!" or something. Kappa

Blunoise

I feel like Destiny has more unique weapons, and more rewarding gun play. After reaching level 12 in the Division my impression is that there are 6 main gun archetypes and otherwise you are mainly just grinding for higher DPS versions of the same 6 guns. Granted I haven't reached the end game yet, but I haven't heard of any streamers getting end game unique yellow weapons. Destiny's end game loot was very unique and interesting in comparison. Also Destiny Raid's are more hardcore than any content that I have seen in the division so far. Granted the Division "incursions" wont start until a month after launch so we will see. Also Destiny IMO rewards individual gun skill a lot more than the Division.

Both are good games, but very different.

Yea I am happy to be in both of these games communities, Division offers me something else that Destiny doesn't but it is vice versa.

phen0m24

lol I'm always paranoid about this happening. I had a dream about it last night then checked the thread when I got up today to make sure. At least with fast OTs I can just stay awake until it's time to post.

This thread will last through the BWU tomorrow and I'm hoping against hope that they tease any spring update details whatsoever. The "negative" OT titles have been appropriate during this drought but I'd love if OT40 could reference something exciting. Something... in Destiny... that's exciting since I'm not gonna name a Destiny OT after the Division :p

If they don't give us anything before we get to 20k posts, then maybe we pull a Deej and call it "check back next week!" or something. Kappa

Did you see Twilight's suggestion?

Mod I use for medic is Overdose.

Been using the turret because some of my gear got buffs for it. Currently using the Active Sensor mod for it.

Next mods I'm gonna try and get Aretha mods for the Mobile Cover. Extensions and especially Countermeasures look like very useful mods.

Nice! Now you just need the Guerilla Fighter perk from Destiny hahaha

That's what I imagined as well. Plus, it's freaking OT FOURTY! Pretty damn insane considering today marks EXACTLY 1.5 years!!!!! (Sept 9, 2014)

OT 40 | Dead. Orbit.
OT 40 | Dead. In Orbit.

No worries if you miss making a new OT, are the mods suddenly going to raid your house and beat you down? It happens so don't worry about it.

I could tell you of the great beat down, how the Drizzay was crippled. I could tell you of the power of the mods. There are many tales, told throughout Neogaf to frighten OT makers. Lately, Ghaleon has stopped posting. Now... the OT makers are frightened anyway.

Tri4

Anything noteworthy from the Armsday packages? I'm still holding onto my Arminius-D and Suros DIS-47 for the time being.
The dis47 supposedly has a great roll. People are suggesting you pick it up and buy the dis47 again (gunsmith is selling it again this week) so you can get a good roll and wait for the inevitable full auto high stability roll.

Destiny OT 40 Mostly LFG

OT 40 | Must be 310+ ELO 1800+ K/D 2.0+ Must hold your own. Need mic. No kids. Must wear Scarab Emblem and Fast Revive. Must have gone flawless 90+ times in year 2. Must have a scuf controller and using a 1ms monitor. Must have 10,000+ Grimoire score. Message me. Will be checking stats.

Dang. I was hoping the thread would last the weekend so I could provide another "Ape walked into something again and died" trials gif.

It always makes me shake my head when I see people having Light Level restrictions for Trials on LFG. And it seems to be like 1/5th of the posts.

I wrote a few of them: Haven't you gotten domed from a 290 guardian with a 170 Ice Breaker?

With no response.

NeOak

It always makes me shake my head when I see people having Light Level restrictions for Trials on LFG. And it seems to be like 1/5th of the posts.

I wrote a few of them: Haven't you gotten domed from a 290 guardian with a 170 Ice Breaker?

With no response.
LOL

Sniping people that came down the tube with the IceBreaker in Exodus Blue felt so good.

3 spaces in our mission to break the zone control ELO system

This sounds really fun actually. Damnit, why am I at work right now?!

I baffled at this part. That's just an overpriced DS4 lol

Isn't that a daily PvP occurrence? :p

I've never used it but I'm sure the hair triggers helps some people. I have the Elite controller and I never use the hair triggers because I'm so used to the button layout as is. But at least the Elite feels so damn good. Not sure how Scuf feels.

LTWood12

I could tell you of the great beat down, how the Drizzay was crippled. I could tell you of the power of the mods. There are many tales, told throughout Neogaf to frighten OT makers. Lately, Ghaleon has stopped posting. Now... the OT makers are frightened anyway.

G4xEqsd.gif

Bungie should sell a tea bag emote. I think it would fund the next 20 years of Destiny. Why just crouch when you cant emote!

Division gave me 6 emotes for free <3
and... I can map them to anything!!!!!!!!

If anything, there should be able to be ways to earn more emotes from Destiny other than $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and crazy RNG (nightfalls, which drop pretty rarely compared to ghosts)

I had a dream where I was using an Eilene styled hand cannon and went like 21-0 in pvp and had so many close calls then I took a picture of the match results to post on this thread with the caption "i told you I was good"

What a weird dream, seeing as how that's already reality

Welp if you ever suddenly stop posting...we all know why..
I suggest it was Ghaleon, in Drizzay's house, with a copy of destiny.

I had a dream where I was using an Eilene styled hand cannon and went like 21-0 in pvp and had so many close calls then I took a picture of the match results to post on this thread with the caption "i told you I was good"

Can confirm. Breezy is a crucible god.

NeOak

One good deed does not clear a lifetime of feeding

:p

Oh yea, I watched the March update for Xbox One and I CANT WAIT!!!

1) Party Chat (including the streamer) will be made available to Twitch, FINALLY!
2) When you say XBOX record that or double-tap Home button and press X, you can now change it to record up to the last 5 minutes instead of the default last 30 seconds. (this prevents going to snap Game DVR and clicking end now and selecting desired time and waiting).
3) Party upped from 12 to 16 people.

SOOO stoked for this update.
1 and 2 mostly. I only had a problem with #3 once when I tried to join Unstable's party when Halo 5 released for Warzone and I sniped someone's 12th spot without knowing haha.

Destiny |OT 40| Last Guardians Standing
Destiny |OT 40| Sweaty Based Matchmaking
Destiny |OT 40| Rise of the Grave
Destiny |OT 40| Return of the Guardian
Destiny |OT 40| A House Divided (not using the word Division, but still a good depiction)
Destiny |OT 40| Dead Orbit
Destiny |OT 40| Still There? (I've always thought this would be a funny one)
Destiny |OT 40| 18 Months Later
Destiny |OT 40| Spring is nigh; A Glimmer of Hope
Destiny |OT 40| Lost in the Dark Corners of Time

As you can tell, I'm bored waiting for the clock to strike GO HOME.

EDIT: I miss never needing to refresh before writing a semi-lost+ post, knowing there would be many posts in between haha

phen0m24

OT&#9671;40|If you have a clock
OT&#9671;40|Triple tether to remember
OT&#9671;40|Back from the Grave
OT&#9671;40|Subtraction by Division
OT&#9671;40|This space for rent
OT&#9671;40|Back from lunch in 2017
OT&#9671;40|Ghost town

Destiny |OT 40| Not Like The Others
Destiny |OT 40| In Times of Need
Destiny |OT 40| Party Crasher +1
/ 0