• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

DGAF_2016_01.png

DGAF_2016_04.jpg

DGAF_2016_16.jpg

GL.gif

GL.jpg

DGAF_2016_21.jpg

DGAF_2016_23.jpg

DGAF_2016_22.jpg

giphy.gif

Dave_6

Reposting from last page of the previous thread: I can't remember but are the Trials weapons just random drops from bounties now? I'm no where near good enough to make it Mercury without being carried but I'm still wanting a Doctrine since I've never gotten one.

From last thread...

I'd love to see proof of #3 & #5. Everything I've seen indicates that 'light level' is the exact same thing it was in year 1. They just changed the UI.

There's a post on reddit that speculated that it was just a flat hard-mode and nightfall damage hit. In a comment, the author spells out why they think it's not level-based (damage to level 42 enemies is different in nightfall vs raid).

Akai XIII

Looking forward to all the GoT spoilers.

Think I'll sit by C for the entire match taking pot shots with my leet snipe skills then nuke somebody.

New Thread Hype! Fantastic work as usual. Shoutout to Lnkn for the grimoire and thanks to everyone in this amazing community for all the hours of fun and entertainment. Reset Crew you guys are heroes. Trials folks, yah'll are the best. Thank you!

New OT, same old Fights:

I'd love to see proof of #3 & #5. Everything I've seen indicates that 'light level' is the exact same thing it was in year 1. They just changed the UI.

The only charts on powerlevel provided by Bungie are for Iron Banner/ Trials where all combatants must be level 40. So there's nothing official out there. But there are numerous posts on reddit doing damage calculations that show Level matters.

The jist is that character level never an advantage and only a penalty.

• -1 Level: 5% penalty vs 33% before
  • -2 Level: 28% penalty vs 45% before

New thread hype. Layout looking slick lnkn and drizz, good job!

Edit: wow drizzay you cut out the wall of shame just before my name. I have no words. 😔

Kappa

Holy crap, almost 1k posts in one OT. That's a record lol. Nice work on graphics and everything, looks EXTRA CRISPY

NEW THREAD HYPE!

Repost for new thread. Axo and I are going to try to play a card of Trials sometime tonight on xb1, maybe around 10pm CST.

LTWood12

Great grimoire cards. Thanks Drizz & Lnkn!

Also, sort it the fuck out Kreep.

edit: Feel like I've barely been posting, but still toward the top of the wall of shame.

Damn, I guess they're giving out Grimoire cards to any ol' scrub these days
3AQmK.gif

Lnkn HOW did you know what image my avatar was from? Great job as usual on all the cards! And Drizz, another great job on the OP.

I love everyone here, thanks for the good times and memories! Onwards towards Year 3!

Axoman

John, Kor and I got the thread title, yeah!

John for the inspiration for me to come up with Leave Happy and Kor putting it all together with Don't Worry, Leave Happy!

Reposting from last page of the previous thread: I can't remember but are the Trials weapons just random drops from bounties now? I'm no where near good enough to make it Mercury without being carried but I'm still wanting a Doctrine since I've never gotten one.

5 wins gives a random armor piece (helmet, gauntlets, chest, boots or class item).

7 wins gives a random weapon (primary, special, or heavy). So basically there's a ~1-in-9 chance of getting a Doctrine here each week, and a ~1-in-36 chance for Counterbalance Doctrine.

Silver tier bounty gives motes, passage coins, blue engrams and a chance for an exotic weapon or armor.

All of these drops can be up to 6 light above your character's current level, as high as 335.

Then the gold tier bounty gives one random piece of Trials gear, up to 330 light. This loot table includes all 9 weapons, all 5 armor pieces, plus the ghost and artifact. So it's a ~1-in-16 chance o' Doctrine here.

Sadly that means Mercury is now your best best, with 1-in-4 odds and 1-in-16 for the CB. Doctrine Week back on Exodus Blue was so hype, damn shame that it won't happen again.

Lnkn52

Damn, I guess they're giving out Grimoire cards to any ol' scrub these days
3AQmK.gif

Lnkn HOW did you know what image my avatar was from? Great job as usual on all the cards! And Drizz, another great job on the OP.

I love everyone here, thanks for the good times and memories! Onwards towards Year 3!

Alot of google search

Yeah, i miss that about the old loot system 😕

I think we were getting close to another doctrine weekend too..

That was so fun. Best map and for the best cause. :(

I'll never forget staying home on Monday and getting 6/8 CB. 4 or 5 in a row too.

So hype.

I do like the gear is randomized though. Weapons randomized would be nice if there was more than 1 viable weapon and more viable perks on weapons.

Namikaze1

My wrist freaking hurts. Three hours of drawing this shit. My hunter and warlock can fuck off. They mean shit to me unlike my Titan. My titan's been there since day 1 unlike those other two.

My wrist freaking hurts. Three hours of drawing this shit. My hunter and warlock can fuck off. They mean shit to me unlike my Titan. My titan's been there since day 1 unlike those other two.

That looks cool!!

Also nami, we were talking in discord, you should slightly update the post that that dgaf twitch banner links to. Include biggy, twilight and ape etc.

Also unstable's stream is pretty much just reset raids now right? Lol

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Xplicit's new avatar is better. ~eyebrow wiggle~

Very nice! Been forever since I've done any drawing.

Yay for more DGAF artists!

To add on to igor's reply, you can take out nightly. He doesn't really do trials carries anymore.

Edit ahh. I'll make a new one from that then

Namikaze1

List of Gaffers' Twitch Streams:

Give me their links and I'll add it here, Igor.

spyder_ur

Then the gold tier bounty gives one random piece of Trials gear, up to 330 light. This loot table includes all 9 weapons, all 5 armor pieces, plus the ghost and artifact. So it's a ~1-in-16 chance o' Doctrine here.

That explains my 330 artifact when I popped my gold package at 330. I was...unhappy.

New OT layout is very nice Drizz.

Nami there's twitch.tv/bogue_ster which is the one drizz normally streams from although he uses drdrizzay101 to speak in chat

twitch.tv/TheAquaticApe

twitch.tv/TwilightGap

twitch.tv/Biggy70686

twitch.tv/igordennis

Kappa dont put me in i cant stream lol

Edit: nami's got this covered x there's no need for two lists!

Nami there's twitch.tv/bogue_ster which is the one drizz normally streams from although he uses drdrizzay101 to speak in chat

twitch.tv/TheAquaticApe

twitch.tv/TwilightGap

twitch.tv/Biggy70686

twitch.tv/igordennis

Kappa dont put me in i cant stream lol

Edit: nami's got this covered x there's no need for two lists!

Haha yea I made an edit. It took me time to get the exact twitch streams to go along with their Gaf names (had to find an older Biggy post).

Top Bottom