• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

delume

Hey D-Gaf, returning after a long break and was wondering if their was a good breakdown online on the impact of agility, recovery and armour? Thanks!

todd360

Hey D-Gaf, returning after a long break and was wondering if their was a good breakdown online on the impact of agility, recovery and armour? Thanks!

I would be interested in that as well. I just spec agility as high as it can go because I hate being slow as hell.

The differences between min and max stats:

Armor: take a couple points less of damage. Max armor let's you survive a shoulder charge. Will not affect TTK on any weapon or ability(minus shoulder charge). Doesn't seem to change much for PVE.

Recovery: starts recovery one or two seconds faster. Recovers one or two seconds faster.

Agility: get from point A to point B a second or two faster.

So really not any major differences. Imo, recovery is probably your best option. Armor seems kind of worthless in PVE.

Yeah, I haven't even touched CoE yet, still have to do the default/low level version to even unlock the higher version it seems. I did level up FWC and got a 307 or 308 Boots from it, and a couple of other small upgrades here or there.

I'm terribad at Crucible and would have to get carried by people here in Trials lol. I'll probably ask for NF help on Monday or something, I work the next two nights :(

Bungie built this game knowing full well some people wouldn't touch PvE, and some wouldn't touch PvP. You can hit max level/light and get almost every exotic without touching one or the other, so you don't have to worry about the PvP stuff if you don't want to. Just hitting dailies & doing strikes will be good enough.

I guess now is a good time to finally do that Sword quest?

As I just discovered, at a certain point in the quest you have to wait for the next arms day. And the last mission is borderline impossible without well-coordinated help. So yeah, it's a bit of a grind with a long wait built into it. If you want to hit that triumph, better sooner than later.

Just wanted to chime in and say Drizz was epic. Great OT and I'll continue to think about the guy every now and then while playing destiny. He really is Mr destiny in my eyes.

Idea:

Bungie should make a claw machine with engrams you have to claw out. Call it 'Xurs Claw'. Each engram contains a mini toy exotic

Dalek

Thanks to DGAF for helping get my last triumph by beating the Warpriest challenge mode. Feels good! Now I'm off to order my T-Shirt.

I need my cat emblem.
Also Bungie is fuckin on point for the most part for armor in this dlc. On. Fucking. Point.
RoI-Titan-2.jpg

Due to work scheduling issues. I wouldn't mind someone running my account.

This. I need this.

lt519

We're just playing some regular crucible if anyone wants to join in, mixing up the game types and generally goofing off. Control right now, psn: rarbusto. Most of us haven't played since April.

Now that I have some time, I'm going through my neogaf history.

I know knew Drizz said it but I don't know why it didn't save. And now...

A2vXe6g.jpg

😢

Wilde

Posting for new page.

Just as I did before, I made a list that we would help people get their Year 2 Hic Jakets followed by Cat Emblems.

This weekend and next weekend are the last 2 weeks.

I will prioritize by those who need Year 2 Emblems. If there are virgins, we could try them as well.

We will try our very best to get to as many people as possible. Update: The list is getting pretty huge. If you do not care about actually running your account to Mercury yourself, please feel free to send me your credentials and I can run your account for you, to save some time and make it a little easier for us.

1) Cat Emblem
- Neo
- Deku
- Ruffles
- SheHateMe
- PWH
- DMH
- DonutTurtle
- Spiders
- Pandora
- Ich
- T-44
- Sentinal
- Eggydoo
- Haybro
- GibbShift
- SteveO
- hedera
- Dorssom
- Noomi
- Sky Walker
- tyrantll
- androo
- desgrafx
- SonComet
- Phenom Jr (ps4)
- Spyder_UR
- SoullessSHOES
- ZW33 (Wilde)

2) Virgins
- Rogo
- Ninja Knight
- robo
- Irrotational (xbox)
- Jabronium
- Shiv
- Scarletham
- Aarcane (xbox)

I will be available Sunday and Monday this weekend, and pretty much all weekend long the final weekend the Cat emblem is available.

I'll try to grab Igor, Ape, Todd, Wicked and Biggy to help out starting Sunday.

Top of Page Drizz Edit:

A moment helping people get Doctrines and we ended up trying to get Jigga to flawless instead, final boss tied 4-4 with no Mercy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlVxX_UYYEs

I really wish voice was saved because Drizz was so hyped.

Found the list. I'll go ahead and add myself on there. I went flawless plenty of times in year 1, but I haven't played much trials in year 2, so I'd love to get the cat emblem before it goes away.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Looks like the train has come to a stop. Everybody is leaving. Good games. I think I went a little nuts on some of the games. I have my moments.

MrDaravon

The King's Fall CM's reset at the same time as the weekly reset early Tuesday right? I don't think I'm going to be able to sit down and have enough time to do that until like....Monday afternoon/evening >_>. Y2 emblem dream may be dead, but it's not like I'm ever going to get all of the emblems anyway (mostly looking at you ToO ones) so eh. My own fault for taking a 10 month break from the game, need to not do that next year!

Fathead

Posting for new page.

Just as I did before, I made a list that we would help people get their Year 2 Hic Jakets followed by Cat Emblems.

This weekend and next weekend are the last 2 weeks.

I will prioritize by those who need Year 2 Emblems. If there are virgins, we could try them as well.

We will try our very best to get to as many people as possible. Update: The list is getting pretty huge. If you do not care about actually running your account to Mercury yourself, please feel free to send me your credentials and I can run your account for you, to save some time and make it a little easier for us.

1) Cat Emblem
- Neo
- Deku
- Ruffles
- SheHateMe
- PWH
- DMH
- DonutTurtle
- Spiders
- Pandora
- Ich
- T-44
- Sentinal
- Eggydoo
- Haybro
- GibbShift
- SteveO
- hedera
- Dorssom
- Noomi
- Sky Walker
- tyrantll
- androo
- desgrafx
- SonComet
- Phenom Jr (ps4)
- Spyder_UR
- SoullessSHOES

2) Virgins
- Rogo
- Ninja Knight
- robo
- Irrotational (xbox)
- Jabronium
- Shiv
- Scarletham
- Aarcane (xbox)

I will be available Sunday and Monday this weekend, and pretty much all weekend long the final weekend the Cat emblem is available.

I'll try to grab Igor, Ape, Todd, Wicked and Biggy to help out starting Sunday.

Top of Page Drizz Edit:

A moment helping people get Doctrines and we ended up trying to get Jigga to flawless instead, final boss tied 4-4 with no Mercy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlVxX_UYYEs

I really wish voice was saved because Drizz was so hyped.

Would love to get added to the list. Never been to mercury. On xbox one. Fathead826

shermas

I just can't switch to FWC even though the Hunter loak from New Monarchy is so nasty. That FWC cloak is solid... But it seems crazy after 38 levels with NM.

stb

Great OP; thanks for putting it together, guys.

Also glad to see a Trials signup list. It really brings me back.

Abrupt topic change:

Anyone know what the deal is with changing from PHYSICAL disc to DIGITAL download?

I have a code for digital vanilla Destiny, but PSN tells me it's not valid. the live chat support guy said the code is good.

Do I have to delete disc-based install before it will let me redeem a digital code?

I saw someone mention it's possible to delete just the "dashboard" bit, rather than delete the entire game and have to redone load all 39 gigs or whatever. Anyone know how to do that?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You get to a level where you don't even have to see the enemy to make a snipe. You think they are there and you pull the trigger.

tgrtrt.gif

When did Bungie start incorporating modifiers such as Void Burn, Small Arms, etc into the Heroic Strike Playlist? April Update? This is something I always wanted but wish they would take it a step further and pick four different modifiers at random per strike instead of weekly (I'm assuming they're weekly as they have been the same for a couple days at least).

Gjallerhorn and a Crux on the first Crota Raid.

Edit: Which is hilarious, because I wanted the raid sparrows.

Speaking of raid sparrows, I think instead of a jumping puzzle of sorts in a raid it would be nice to mix things up a bit and have an extended play-space with complicated navigation involving the use of said sparrows.

Dalek

When did Bungie start incorporating modifiers such as Void Burn, Small Arms, etc into the Heroic Strike Playlist? April Update? This is something I always wanted but wish they would take it a step further and pick four different modifiers at random per strike instead of weekly (I'm assuming they're weekly as they have been the same for a couple days at least).

I wasn't aware of this either. Are the rewards different?

XenoRaven

Thanks to the fine folks of DGAF for running stuff with me. I finished like 3-4 Moments of Triumph in the last few days. Last thing to do is to finish my Crucible quest. Just have to get some HC kills and then do the Mountaintop quest.

I wasn't aware of this either. Are the rewards different?

Not that I've noticed but I've only been playing Destiny again regularly for the last nine days or so after taking a break since March.

I've been able to get my Hunter to 334, Titan to 333, and Warlock to 331 without touching the King's Fall raid (I've had my fill of that one, ready for the new goodness though in RoI).

raindoc

Oh boy.
I'm trying to do some quests to get Y2 gear (and legendary marks, to get Y2 gear) - so yesterday I tried farming Hadium flakes, went on Dreadnaught-patrol for the first time. Came across a public event. Couldn't do shit due to the ??-lvl enemies. Even the Thralls were invincible and I died a dozen times within seconds just trying to move past the battle to get my objective.

Truth be told, I'd pay for an armor/weapon set that'd let me participate in all the content available (except HM Raid) with friends.

McArkus

Great Crotas End Raid, learned the basics and was really fun, shame couldn't get the crux but there is always the next reset! Thanks again for the runs and to let me join and learn on the way.

On keyboard:

Thanks Dthomp, Arkus, Tacoz, Dez, and NegativeDude for the VoG and CE runs.

Was dead tired and had a terrible migraine, but it was worth it!

My first ever Gjallerhorn! I was too tired, though, to remember to take a screenshot or even get hyped.

Also got the Crux, which means I have to get the Necrochasm now.

Dthomp

On keyboard:

My first ever Gjallerhorn! I was too tired, though, to remember to take a screenshot or even get hyped.

Although I'm super jealous cause I have never gotten a Gjally, and need that Crux for my Necro it was alot of fun. Thanks to everybody that joined up, had alot of fun and loved seeing Taco react to my Twilight Garrison/Maulers baby blue setup on my titan . I will be looking to do this x 3 again after reset. Probably should tackle VOG a couple more times this week for more chances of exotic year 1s I missed. (Mostly heavy weapons and specials)

shermas

Oh boy.
I'm trying to do some quests to get Y2 gear (and legendary marks, to get Y2 gear) - so yesterday I tried farming Hadium flakes, went on Dreadnaught-patrol for the first time. Came across a public event. Couldn't do shit due to the ??-lvl enemies. Even the Thralls were invincible and I died a dozen times within seconds just trying to move past the battle to get my objective.

Truth be told, I'd pay for an armor/weapon set that'd let me participate in all the content available (except HM Raid) with friends.

Might have been the Court of Oryx. Or one of the random Taken events that spawn in the patrol areas... If you stick with running the story missions and doing level appropriate vanguard strikes (or crucible), it'll really help you rank up. If you have a lot of motes or heavy weapon synths, you can turn them in at a faction and rank up to get more gear, as well.

If I recall correctly, some of The Taken King story missions give out marks. Use those to buy a ghost (I think they held LL back for people in the Spring). Most of the drops should be helpful because of the new infusion system.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
That was fun! Need to do more retro raids for a change. Good games everyone.

On keyboard:

yeah, that was the most fun ive had playing destiny in a while lol. maybe Dthomp is right, Year 1 is more fun. or maybe its because we run through these pretty fast.

cant believe i forgot to get the atheon checkpoint. thats like a 30 second boss fight.

robo

Will be on later today, got flawless run on crota sorted for my nipper with gutz at 6pm uk time.

If any still need the wp cm I still have the checkpoint, I can pass it over or run it again, I have it on titan and hunter.

Let me know if you need it and can run after 8pm UK time. See if we can get a team together.

Trials runs would be better on Sunday or Monday for me, any time uk from 8am till late.

Psn gulfwarvet

robo

Crota flawless run Saturday 6pm UK time ps4

1. Gutz
2. Gulfwarvet
3. My nipper
4. bitsurugi
5. Auctopus
6. Blacksalad_

Reposting from other thread.

See ya tonight guys.

raindoc

Might have been the Court of Oryx. Or one of the random Taken events that spawn in the patrol areas... If you stick with running the story missions and doing level appropriate vanguard strikes (or crucible), it'll really help you rank up. If you have a lot of motes or heavy weapon synths, you can turn them in at a faction and rank up to get more gear, as well.

If I recall correctly, some of The Taken King story missions give out marks. Use those to buy a ghost (I think they held LL back for people in the Spring). Most of the drops should be helpful because of the new infusion system.

Did all story missions, ranked up to lvl 40, but only earned 1 legendary weapon and 25 marks so far. Seeing how a piece of armor costs 150 was a bummer.
I'll treat myself to an extended gaming session today, hoping that I'll get lucky and reach a high enough light-lvl to do the nightfall/heroic strike next week and then maybe join a newbie king's fall raid.

the gear at the faction vendors is also only sold for le-marks, right?
how about the gunsmith? you can "preorder" le-weapons there now for glimmer?

EDIT: Y1 exotics and exotic shards are mostly useless now, aren't they? useless as in: can't upgrade them to y2 lvls.

EDIT2: you need keys to open chests on the dreadnaught?

Melchiah

It's heart-warming to read the memories in the OP. I never had the pleasure to play or talk with the Doctor, but it seems like he was a standout guy. Especially, when people actually trusted him enough to give him control of their accounts. I remember reading about that going wrong elsewhere, when someone deleted everything on some kid's Destiny account. The way the Doctor helped others without getting anything in return is pretty remarkable. So, salute to him.

Top Bottom