• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

owvqduC.jpg

Top of page hype. My favorite pics with drizz

deafmedal

Okay! Friday night raid fun time! This is for all us losers who don't reset run... down for anything really, but might be a little rusty for Flawless tries however. Never ran VoG or CE? I'm down! Need Warpriest CM frag? Yup, down. Let's do something!

!. deafmedal
@. this
#. could
$. be
%. your
^. spot!

Okay! Friday night raid fun time! This is for all us losers who don't reset run... down for anything really, but might be a little rusty for Flawless tries however. Never ran VoG or CE? I'm down! Need Warpriest CM frag? Yup, down. Let's do something!

!. deafmedal
@. this
#. could
$. be
%. your
^. spot!

I'll be down for a Warpriest CM romp, though it won't be until after 9PM central time.

darknil

Great tribute and great OP.

I was thinking on signing in for Trials carry list but seeing as so many people want it, I may pass since I was originally carried by Drizz on year 1. The Cat emblem is nice but I already have a Doctrine with Rodeo.

X-Frame

I hope Bungie puts in a Classic Year 1 Crucible Map playlist when RoI launches. If I can avoid TTK maps I'd love to.

!. deafmedal
@. this
#. could
$. be
%. your
^. spot!

I'm down to do a HM Raid on Oryx or a VoG run (I need it for a quest). I won't be able to run until probably 10pm Central

lt519

Wish you could do some more of these Crucible quests in parallel. Knocking them out pretty fast but relying on random teammates for the ones requiring wins is tough.

Dthomp

I wish I had the skills to get on that Virgins list, never been Y1 or 2 and would love to make that happen. Drizz had offered to help me but we just never got that chance to set it up and make it happen. Now I'm sad again :(

Hey DGAF! Haven't played since the very start of taken King, got the sword I think prolly light level 300 or so, how should I start trying to prepare for rise of iron/best place to farm gear?

Dthomp

Hey DGAF! Haven't played since the very start of taken King, got the sword I think prolly light level 300 or so, how should I start trying to prepare for rise of iron/best place to farm gear?

Rank up packages are a great way to get new stuff (Vanguard/Crucible/Weaponsmith/Cryptark?), Challenge of the Elders as well from rankups and 1 gun and armor piece for meeting special clear conditions (easy enough), Raiding (Kings Fall)

Rank up packages are a great way to get new stuff (Vanguard/Crucible/Weaponsmith/Cryptark?), Challenge of the Elders as well from rankups and 1 gun and armor piece for meeting special clear conditions (easy enough), Raiding (Kings Fall)

Thanks for the quick response I'll have to check out challenge of elders

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

The sword is 300, or you are 300?

This rough guide was pretty effective for me. Just remember to always wear your highest light level gear when picking up packages and turning in engrams.

This prep guide looks pretty good. Basically just hoard as much as you can, lol.

Make sure to use you exotic engram infusion fodder intelligently. If your LL is 325 and you chest piece is 330, don't decrypt a chest exotic engram. Basically, decrypt exotic engrams for the gear category that is lagging behind all the rest.

sajj316

How have I gone this many days without knowing about Drizz's passing. Damn. Damn. Amazing tribute thread. Thanks for all those that contributed.

The sword is 300, or you are 300?

This rough guide was pretty effective for me. Just remember to always wear your highest light level gear when picking up packages and turning in engrams.

This prep guide looks pretty good. Basically just hoard as much as you can, lol.

Make sure to use you exotic engram infusion fodder intelligently. If your LL is 325 and you chest piece is 330, don't decrypt a chest exotic engram. Basically, decrypt exotic engrams for the gear category that is lagging behind all the rest.

Sorry should have separated those thoughts im around light level 300. Thanks for the Reddit link I'll definitely follow that a bit. Also good to know about the exotics. Any weapons like gjallahorn from year 1 that are must haves?

Nicodemic

If anyone needs a raider or a CoE partner, nightfall teamate, I'm all yours. I'll be online in a few secs.

PSN: Nicodemic

Also, maybe too soon to talk about this but when the clan update rolls out, I hope we form a new clan with Drizzay in the name. Something like Drizzay's Best or Drizzay's Non Knowers. Unless it's inappropriate? Seeing it as an hommage for my part.

Siege of the Warmind is your friend...

Yeah, I did that once and The Dark Beyond 3x. Lots of hive incinerating themselves running through choke points filled with suns. Still, the whole process took just under 4 hours of pure grind. The hundreds of solar kills you could conceivably get while you're doing other things, but the Helium is just straight up hours of farming. Who thought that was a fun idea?

LOL

Nicodemic

lol I lied, and we'll need a 6th as phantom will not be able to start that late...

Ok, looks like we could do a HM KF with a Warpriest CM twist in about an hour, anyone else?

1. deaf
2. bagandscalpel
3. Obliterator
4. milkham
5. Dalek
6. ?

Add me up? Ready when you guys are.

Dalek

lol I lied, and we'll need a 6th as phantom will not be able to start that late...

Ok, looks like we could do a HM KF with a Warpriest CM twist in about an hour, anyone else?

1. deaf
2. bagandscalpel
3. Obliterator
4. milkham
5. Dalek
6. ?

Just as an FYI my PSN is MDavis360

MrDaravon

1. deaf
2. bagandscalpel
3. Obliterator
4. milkham
5. Dalek
6. ?

I can hop on this train IF you guys are okay with having a ~305 Hunter who hasn't done KF since November tag along (and assuming you're on PS4) >_>.

Edit: Beaten! No worries, I still have until Tuesday morning reset for the CM right? Need all 3 for the Y2 triumph.

What should I try to get my LL up to for KF HM?

deafmedal

Add me up? Ready when you guys are.

I can hop on this train IF you guys are okay with having a ~305 Hunter who hasn't done KF since November tag along (and assuming you're on PS4) >_>.

Edit: Beaten! No worries, I still have until Tuesday morning reset for the CM right? Need all 3 for the Y2 triumph.

Back-ups!

Just as an FYI my PSN is MDavis360
Gotcha ;)

Challenge of Elders, Crucible, Trials of Osiris, and keep levelling factions. (Just make sure you have on your highest LL gear when you accept the package!)

You're probably high enough to run nightfalls now too.

hydruxo

Just now seeing this new OT, great job to everyone who was involved in putting it together. Really fantastic tribute.

Top Bottom