• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

JJShadow

Amazing tribute to Drizzay's memory. Unfortunately I didn't have the oportunity to know him as I started my Destiny experience recently, but I couldn't contain my tears after reading the OT

Today I also finished my first raid ever, Vault of Glass, and it was such an amazing experience. I found a group of 5 in DestinyLFG and they guided and helped me in every moment with inmense patient, this is what make this game's community so special. This one's to you Drizzay, your legacy is more alive than ever

Ok, I think I have added everyone. Please let me know if you don't see your name on the list.

I'll be around just here and there via mobile if I have reception but I'm on the road for the next 28ish hours.

Good luck to everyone and have fun.

Feel free to @ me on discord if you need anything. Sunday, I'll be ready to conquer.

Ok so I thought id check on the Destiny thread as I haven't been here in a while and I am reading all this news about Drizz?

Like woah... I am honestly very very shocked right now...

The nicest most humble humanbeing I have played with in this game... finding it very hard to believe he is no longer with us...

todd360

Like I said they actually did very well with the armor designs this time around. Not sure why people don't like the raid armor tho. Looks slick. The cloak, could be better tho. Maybe wider?
RoI-Raid-Gear-Female.jpg

At least it's not hive armor.

I think the raid stuff looks cool. I just wish pictures of it weren't available more than a month before release. It was cool getting vault of glass armor that I'd never seen before and it looked good. This new stuff is better than crota and oryx armor and that was all I was really hoping for.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I think the raid stuff looks cool. I just wish pictures of it weren't available more than a month before release. It was cool getting vault of glass armor that I'd never seen before and it looked good. This new stuff is better than crota and oryx armor and that was all I was really hoping for.

Yeah half the fun is getting drops you've never seen before. Not sure why pictures of everything is being released...

Jinjo

What a beautiful tribute. I will have to take my time reading them all, because it's too much in one go. The fact that nearly everyone in here has such a story about him speaks the entire world of him. His persona was always such a morale boost to have in your fireteam. You could spend bashing your head for hours against a challenge or boss, the fireteam nearly disbanding and he'd usually join, because well he was always the first to join the fray. When this happened it almost always was just a matter of minutes before you'd bested this insane challenge. I could never pin down what it was, but perhaps it was this: whether you were a DGAF veteran from day 1, or a rookie just joining our ranks he'd make you feel like you were his best friend. I hope I can only give of a fraction of that feeling to people I play with. Truly a Legend.

Now, Hawkian, Lnkn, Xplicit, JohnOfMars, Macello, Phenom and all the other fellow DGAF veterans I left unnamed who just as equally deserve mention. Thank you for everything you've done in these times. From making an entire tribute, to just providing beautiful and thoughtful words. The center pillar of our Destiny GAF Pantheon may have fallen. But you guys are just as much the pillars of this community. Let's keep this community standing up together, perhaps better and closer than ever. It's what he would have wanted.

Dthomp

Man I only played with the good doctor a few times, but that OP hits hard. Such kind words, on the verge of tears reading it all :( RIP Drizz

SnakeEyes

Banned
All I can say is that is one hell of an OP, Hawkian. Good work all.

I wonder if it'd look better with other shaders...

Alchemist

Destiny-GAF, I haven't played this since the start of the year and I'm thinking about buying Rise of Iron. Is the expansion going to be like TTK where previous armors and weapons become obsolete? I stopped playing at 305 Light if that matters.

UMGAWA

Fantastic OT. Fantastic tribute!. R.I.P

Just wondering if anyone can help me, i know this was mentioned last OT but I couldnt find the posts after a quick search.
Have Destiny on disc based install (ps4) and have ROI preordered via the store, do I ring Sony, cancel ROI preorder, delete install and then buy the Destiny collection to go full digital? Thats how it works right?
Thanks in advance.

Destiny-GAF, I haven't played this since the start of the year and I'm thinking about buying Rise of Iron. Is the expansion going to be like TTK where previous armors and weapons become obsolete? I stopped playing at 305 Light if that matters.

Nope. All of the Year 2 armor and weapons can be infused to the new Rise of Iron light levels.

ich00

Fantastic OT. Fantastic tribute!. R.I.P

Just wondering if anyone can help me, i know this was mentioned last OT but I couldnt find the posts after a quick search.
Have Destiny on disc based install (ps4) and have ROI preordered via the store, do I ring Sony, cancel ROI preorder, delete install and then buy the Destiny collection to go full digital? Thats how it works right?
Thanks in advance.

Yup, that would do it. Supposedly Sony's customer support can be iffy, so just breally nice to them.

Man so it looks like hardly anyone Raids in here anymore? Been fishing for an Oryx HM run since I've never beat it but no luck. Any recommendations on sites where it's easy to find groups? Should I use the actual Bungie forums?

Jinjo

Man so it looks like hardly anyone Raids in here anymore? Been fishing for an Oryx HM run since I've never beat it but no luck. Any recommendations on sites where it's easy to find groups? Should I use the actual Bungie forums?

I feel GAF might still be a better option than Bungie or LFG. What often helps in here is plan a bit in advance and use the following format:

King's Fall HM - specify whether challenge run only or how many total runs you want to do if that's the case.
Time: mention day, time and timezone (!).
Platform: XBONE or PS4
1. Yourname

And just keep updating from there. People tend to pick up on these lists quicker then just a few sentences of text since this is more noticable. Hope this helps.

ich00

What system are you on, time do you play and what's you light level? I'm sure we could get something together.

The problem is everyone raids early in the week for the most part. Finding people to do it on the weekend is a pain. Finding groups on Tuesday is your best bet. I haven't raided in half a year, because of this issue. Well part of it is. Not raiding or playing with groups has definitely soured my feelings on this game somewhat. We need lfg in-game or MP for NF and other missions.
Bungie plz

*beats dead 🐴*

nOoblet16

Like I said they actually did very well with the armor designs this time around. Not sure why people don't like the raid armor tho. Looks slick. The cloak, could be better tho. Maybe wider?
RoI-Raid-Gear-Female.jpg

At least it's not hive armor.

Eewww
I guess aleast it's not skulls and bones this time around.

I need my cat emblem.
Also Bungie is fuckin on point for the most part for armor in this dlc. On. Fucking. Point.
RoI-Titan-2.jpg

Due to work scheduling issues. I wouldn't mind someone running my account.

This is more like it.

ori0n378e

Just got done reading the tributes. All I can say is, "What an awesome human being Drizz was!" Selfless! One thing that I have to ask, because it was brought up so much, does anyone have a recording of Drizz saying, "LET'S FUCKING GO!" ??? Would love to hear it and it would also be a great OT title...

RIP Drizzay...

I feel GAF might still be a better option than Bungie or LFG. What often helps in here is plan a bit in advance and use the following format:

King's Fall HM - specify whether challenge run only or how many total runs you want to do if that's the case.
Time: mention day, time and timezone (!).
Platform: XBONE or PS4
1. Yourname

And just keep updating from there. People tend to pick up on these lists quicker then just a few sentences of text since this is more noticable. Hope this helps.

The problem is everyone raids early in the week for the most part. Finding people to do it on the weekend is a pain. Finding groups on Tuesday is your best bet. I haven't raided in half a year, because of this issue. Well part of it is. Not raiding or playing with groups has definitely soured my feelings on this game somewhat. We need lfg in-game or MP for NF and other missions.
Bungie plz

*beats dead 🐴*

Thanks guys I'm just really trying to get HM done before the cut off for Moments of Triumph Year 2. Here's hoping I can get a group going on Tuesday with the reset

Did bungie turn off sublime engrams? I haven't received one in 2 months...

I know they didnt turn them off, but it freaking feels like it.

GGs Igor and Wicked! Got emblem and a shader and all it took is being bait. 10/10 will bait again.
Hey, sometimes being a bullet magnet is just what the team needs for the heavy hitters to do work. At least, that's what I always tell myself when I'm having an off game.

Congrats on the cat!

Incredible OT!

Posting for new page.

Just as I did before, I made a list that we would help people get their Year 2 Hic Jakets followed by Cat Emblems.

This weekend and next weekend are the last 2 weeks.

I will prioritize by those who need Year 2 Emblems. If there are virgins, we could try them as well.

We will try our very best to get to as many people as possible. Update: The list is getting pretty huge. If you do not care about actually running your account to Mercury yourself, please feel free to send me your credentials and I can run your account for you, to save some time and make it a little easier for us.

1) Cat Emblem
- Neo
- Deku
- Ruffles
- SheHateMe
- PWH
- DMH
- DonutTurtle
- Spiders
- Pandora
- Ich
- T-44
- Sentinal
- Eggydoo
- Haybro
- GibbShift
- SteveO
- hedera
- Dorssom
- Noomi
- Sky Walker
- tyrantll
- androo
- desgrafx
- SonComet
- Phenom Jr (ps4 or xbox?)
- Spyder_UR

2) Virgins
- Rogo
- Ninja Knight
- robo
- Irrotational (xbox)
- Jabronium
- Shiv
- Scarletham
- Aarcane (xbox)

I will be available Sunday and Monday this weekend, and pretty much all weekend long the final weekend the Cat emblem is available.

I'll try to grab Igor, Ape, Todd, Wicked and Biggy to help out starting Sunday.

Top of Page Drizz Edit:

A moment helping people get Doctrines and we ended up trying to get Jigga to flawless instead, final boss tied 4-4 with no Mercy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlVxX_UYYEs

I really wish voice was saved because Drizz was so hyped.

Can I get added for the cat emblem? PSN: SoullessSHOES

Top Bottom