• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Can you only get the Dreg's Promise and Queenbreakers Bow from CoE, or can you get them from PoE41 as well?

Only CoE. You can get the Year 1 version through the Level 32+ PoE bosses, but it's not worth the time, honestly.

I'm not home now, but if you want to run it a bunch tonight, I'm good for it. I've already finished my Elder's Sigil, so I'm good with just farming. I'm looking for the REP. It's super easy, especially we have a Weapons of Light Titan on the team.

Clunker

Hey folks - I dont post here much but the outpouring of support and immeasurable love for Drizz warms my own heart, and I barely get involved around here.

I don't play a ton of online mmo-style games, but by far the Destiny community has been overall one of the finest, most selfless, and genuinely fun-loving groups I've ever seen. Even when I was on the redheaded stepchild of Destiny known as PS3 (or maybe because it was so small, population-wise), most of the people I met and rolled with from the100 and LFG.net were chill and wanted to have a good time more than anything.

On a related note ... Doge, had a blast blowing off my work today to roll through the first chunks of the Tale of Two Guardians quests! You're pretty beastly at Doubles.

I really felt a special bond with Drizzay, but I think his magic is that all of us felt that. And so all of us feel his loss more keenly.

Unstable made the important point that Drizz was always a positive person. So as we pass through our grief, I hope we can continue to be the positive and helpful community that he led.

See you starside, Drizz.

Wow, amazing tribute! Thanks for all the hardwork hawkian, lnkn, John and anyone else who helped put it all together. I had to hold off reading it until i finished work as i felt myseld tearing up just by seeing the title.

phen0m24

Rest in peace my friend.

4843929-2360389091-tumbl.gif

I cant follow you where you went.

Hey Igor Foxehkins joined GAF so he could reply to your post/tribute.

<3

todd360

I'll try to grab Igor, Ape, Todd, Wicked and Biggy to help out starting Sunday.

I would love to help. I'm going to have to get some practice in so i'm at the top of my game. Just let me know when you need my on Sunday. My phone gets psn messages so you reach me there if i'm not looking at the thread.

I actually JUST added a clause about helping. I can run your account if you don't care about actually running it yourself. Or your buddy can as well.

Hiya - sorry to add to the admin but I was putting myself down in the virgin list - i would just love to run a card with you guys and try to learn something (and secretly hope for the lighthouse ;-)

Just as I did before, I made a list that we would help people get their Year 2 Hic Jakets followed by Cat Emblems.

This weekend and next weekend are the last 2 weeks.

I will prioritize by those who need Year 2 Emblems, and those that want to go for the views/loots/etc. If there are virgins, we could try them as well.

1) Cat Emblem
- Deku
- Ruffles

2) Virgins

3) Loots

I will be available Sunday and Monday this weekend, and pretty much all weekend long the final weekend the Cat emblem is available.

I'll try to grab Igor, Ape, Wicked and Biggy to help out starting Sunday.

I have never run Trials before, if there's room I should be free Sunday anytime or Monday after 7PM EST. Thanks. PSN: xx_shiv_xx

Jabronium

Posting for new page.

Just as I did before, I made a list that we would help people get their Year 2 Hic Jakets followed by Cat Emblems.

I will prioritize by those who need Year 2 Emblems, and those that want to go for the views/loots/etc. If there are virgins, we could try them as well.

We will try our very best to get to as many people as possible. Update: The list is getting pretty huge. If you do not care about actually running your account to Mercury yourself, please feel free to send me your credentials and I can run your account for you, to save some time and make it a little easier for us.

Never ran Trials before and won't be around much this weekend to play. PM sent.

I would love to help. I'm going to have to get some practice in so i'm at the top of my game. Just let me know when you need my on Sunday. My phone gets psn messages so you reach me there if i'm not looking at the thread.

Sounds good bro

Hiya - sorry to add to the admin but I was putting myself down in the virgin list - i would just love to run a card with you guys and try to learn something (and secretly hope for the lighthouse ;-)

No worries, I'll change it!

I have never run Trials before, if there's room I should be free Sunday anytime or Monday after 7PM EST. Thanks. PSN: xx_shiv_xx

Never ran Trials before and won't be around much this weekend to play. PM sent.

Added y'all

T-44

Neo Member
Yes, great job hawk, lnk and all those who contributed.. I look forward to reading all these throughout the day

Posting for new page.

We will try our very best to get to as many people as possible. Update: The list is getting pretty huge. If you do not care about actually running your account to Mercury yourself, please feel free to send me your credentials and I can run your account for you, to save some time and make it a little easier for us.

1) Cat Emblem
- Neo
- Deku
- Ruffles
- SheHateMe
- PWH
- DonutTurtle
- Spiders
- Pandora
- Ich
- T-44
- Sentinal
- Eggydoo
- Haybro
- Irrotational (xbox)
- GibbShift
- SteveO
- hedera

2) Virgins
- Pilgor
- Ninja Knight
- robo

3) Loots

I will be available Sunday and Monday this weekend, and pretty much all weekend long the final weekend the Cat emblem is available.

Top of Page Drizz Edit:

A moment helping people get Doctrines and we ended up trying to get Jigga to flawless instead, final boss tied 4-4 with no Mercy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlVxX_UYYEs

I really wish voice was saved because Drizz was so hyped.

I would like the cat emblem. I would like play but I understand if you don't want me to

Lol I suck

radiohead1

Neo Member
Posting for new page.

1) Cat Emblem
- Neo
- Deku
- Ruffles
- SheHateMe
- PWH
- DonutTurtle
- Spiders
- Pandora
- Ich
- T-44
- Sentinal
- Eggydoo
- Haybro
- Irrotational (xbox)
- GibbShift
- SteveO
- hedera

2) Virgins
- Pilgor
- Ninja Knight
- robo

3) Loots

Would love to get on this long list for the Emblem! PSN = dorssom.

Rehsa

Just now finished going through the OT, amazing job guys. Such a wonderful thing. Also good on Xplicit and the rest of the Trials sherpas for trying to get people through these last two weekends, may every run be a success!

I would like the cat emblem. I would like play but I understand if you don't want me to

Lol I suck

Yea, the list is fairly long and we do have a few accounts now we will run so that will help. Definitely put you on the list and we'll always try our best to get through it all!

Would love to get on this long list for the Emblem! PSN = dorssom.

Hey, sounds good man!

Thanks for your help!

Added you on PSN I'm Rogo.

What are recommended primaries/specials/heavies for ToO?

Whatever primary you're most comfortable with. The Last Word, Hawksaw (vendor roll is really good), and Eyasluna are the go to primaries atm.

Special: Snipers such as 1000 Yard Stare (Quest one is really good), or Quest Conspiracy Theory are both great options.

Heavy really isn't as important but The Truth is good if you're using legendary primary and special.

On the list, I want to be, for the emblem, of the cat :)

Added you Noomi!

Requiem

Really awesome OT!

I didn't know Drizz but the support and affection you all had for him is mesmerizing...

Although I primarily play on XB1, I just bought the Taken King Legendary Edition (only $20!) for PS4 and hope to become just as ingrained in this community as Drizz.

Can't wait to run some raids, trials and use that Jade Rabbit with you guys

Sky Walker

Posting for new page.

I will prioritize by those who need Year 2 Emblems. If there are virgins, we could try them as well.

1) Cat Emblem
- Neo
- Deku
- Ruffles
- SheHateMe
- PWH
- DonutTurtle
- Spiders
- Pandora
- Ich
- T-44
- Sentinal
- Eggydoo
- Haybro
- GibbShift
- SteveO
- hedera
- Dorssom
- Noomi

2) Virgins
- Rogo
- Ninja Knight
- robo
- Irrotational (xbox)
- Jabronium
- Shiv

Top of Page Drizz Edit:

A moment helping people get Doctrines and we ended up trying to get Jigga to flawless instead, final boss tied 4-4 with no Mercy:

As I said yesterday, I want to get the cat Emblem to complete my Flawless Trails collection :(

Psn skywalker_3li

vctor182

Great OT and great tribute for the Doc, I've been here since the beta and I really like how this community has become, Drizz was an important member who helped DGAF grow how it is now, rest in peace guardian.

I would really like to get that cat emblem a shot I promise I can hold my own lol. I'm not that bad it's just that the new trials meta of sniping is not my strong area. I will be free on sunday if anyone can help me get it.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Awesome OP, guys! I only did Trials with him once and raided with him a few times, but I'll never forget Drizz's calm leadership, skill and kindness.

TyrantII

Posting for new page.

Care to add another to the list? PSN is same as my username. I'll be around all weekend and Monday.

aarcane

Magnificent work on the OT, reminds me why DGAF is the first place I go when I log into this website. You're all awesome.

If there's a space on an Xbox train to Mercury for a lighthouse virgin, count me in. If Mercury isn't possible, I'd just like to run a card with you guys.

Kalamari

Only CoE. You can get the Year 1 version through the Level 32+ PoE bosses, but it's not worth the time, honestly.

I'm not home now, but if you want to run it a bunch tonight, I'm good for it. I've already finished my Elder's Sigil, so I'm good with just farming. I'm looking for the REP. It's super easy, especially we have a Weapons of Light Titan on the team.

Sure, I will be around tonight. PSN EvilKalamari

desgrafx

Neo Member
Posting for new page.

I will prioritize by those who need Year 2 Emblems. If there are virgins, we could try them as well.

1) Cat Emblem
- Neo
- Deku
- Ruffles
- SheHateMe
- PWH
- DonutTurtle
- Spiders
- Pandora
- Ich
- T-44
- Sentinal
- Eggydoo
- Haybro
- GibbShift
- SteveO
- hedera
- Dorssom
- Noomi

2) Virgins
- Rogo
- Ninja Knight
- robo
- Irrotational (xbox)
- Jabronium
- Shiv

Top of Page Drizz Edit:

I know the list is long, but I would love to get the cat emblem to finish out Y2 PSN: desgrafx

Doge

Neo Member
Posting for new page.

1) Cat Emblem
- Neo
- Deku
- Ruffles
- SheHateMe
- PWH
- DonutTurtle
- Spiders
- Pandora
- Ich
- T-44
- Sentinal
- Eggydoo
- Haybro
- GibbShift
- SteveO
- hedera
- Dorssom
- Noomi
- Sky Walker
- tyrantll
- androo
- desgrafx

2) Virgins
- Rogo
- Ninja Knight
- robo
- Irrotational (xbox)
- Jabronium
- Shiv

Top of Page Drizz Edit:

I'm here on Xbox if you want me to help.

SonComet

1) Cat Emblem
- Deku
- Ruffles

2) Virgins

3) Loots

I'll try to grab Igor, Ape, Wicked and Biggy to help out starting Sunday.
Hey Xplicit, I've never gone flawless year 2. Went several times year 1 (thanks Stabie and Wicked!). I wouldn't mind an attempt at a flawless run in year 2 if the list isn't already too long to manage.

Ganhyun

Masterful work done by all in the OP. RIP Drizzay. I never played with you as I was on the XBone, but I admired your dedication to helping everyone you could.

Yup. I'll be around to help as much as I can tonight and Saturday during the day. Get hype.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
LTTP here, and it's not a great story, but it has a little bit of meaning to me...

I was trying to get my IB bounties done on my alts when I heard about Drizz's passing. I had already been having a long string of bad matches where my performance was particularity disappointing and after hearing about his death it made want to stop playing for the day entirely. The news also made me feel embarrassed that I had let something as insignificant as a few dumb matches in a game upset me so much.

But I kept on and hit the button to start the next match. With a shift in persepective on things, I mumbled to myself "Alright...this one's for you Drizz". I only played Trials with him once, but I tried to play with more focus and calm the way he did. I went on a tear and was the top score for that game. I was the only one my team to get a Legendary drop as well.

It's not a fantastic roll, but I will always affectionately refer to it as Drizzay's Retort:
NaCqW6B.png

Smooth/Field Choke/Aggressive
Full Auto
Reinforced
Underdog

Later that day I got a Phantom with my Titan and I usually suck with my Titan.

Great OT. This community is something quite special, and seeing the stories and people sharing hits hard but in a good way.

I am away till Monday but if people need help pre roi look me up and I will help.

Have a good weekend Guardians.

PM'd you!

Top Bottom