• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definity

Any reason to go after the invective shotgun if I already have found verdict? I play both PVP and PVE.

Thoughts?

I hate defender Titan. I think it's the worse subclass. But taking someone out of arc blade or fireborn with suppression grenades never gets old.

I prefer Striker in PvP but Defender is my favorite PvE subclass (I have a character of each class). Sunsinger self-res is great of course but Defender has more options for strats and Illuminated WoL is a 35% damage boost.

JayEH

Trying to get the last part of the Pocket Infinity Bounty is a bitch. I am so tired of listening to fucking GIna Torres' voicework.

nowai

Any reason to go after the invective shotgun if I already have found verdict? I play both PVP and PVE.

Thoughts?

I love Invective, but I hands down use Found Verdict 100% of the time.

Invective is wonderful, but when you have an arguably better gun without using up an exotic slot, there is no contest.

Edit: Found Verdict is butt ugly and Invective sounds boss though. So if swag is your thing...Invective all the way. ;)

joecanada

Is there a definitive reason to keep red hand if I'm getting Thorn,? Just found red hand but doing Thorn bounties right now too

Jinjo

Is there a definitive reason to keep red hand if I'm getting Thorn,? Just found red hand but doing Thorn bounties right now too

Maybe you want to use your exotic slot on Icebreaker or Gjallarhorn. Arguably better exotic options than Thorn.

I want Fatebringer so bad.

Aside from this game being stingy with loot there is nothing worse than when you see a purple engram on the ground, get excited and go pick it up and it's a class item. I got even more pissed off when I when to Rahool and he decrypted it into a hunter cloak, I'm a warlock.

Class items and shaders are the drops I hate most in this game, it doesn't help that there is the Warlock bond looks shit no matter which one.

Zakalwe

Banned
Meh, it's not really that good. But if you're into collecting them all. Why not?

I don't know man, I really like it in pve (especially when solar burn is active).

The four shot burst takes down majors easily, he anmo regen helps on longer strikes, in pvp the rapid fire hits are incredibly deadly if you can land them.

If you enjoy shotguns you should definitely get it. It's not a game changer but it can be a lot of fun.

nowai

Different play styles.

I hate both for pve, but I use both in pvp quite frequently. The DoT from Thorn is fantastic and it has tremendous range. I did not like Red Death at first due to the low RoF, but since unlocking the heal perk, I quite enjoy it.

I have been using Red Death as a nice change of pvp pace for the past few days exclusively.

If you can aim, both guns are great. If you need to spray and pray, follow the crowd and roll with Suros.

Wurdfurd

Gonna try running through some normal nexus strikes tonight to get rare fusion rifles. friend of mine said he got the 10 he needed for the exotic bounty in about 2 hours which seems pretty good.

arimanius

I prefer Striker in PvP but Defender is my favorite PvE subclass (I have a character of each class). Sunsinger self-res is great of course but Defender has more options for strats and Illuminated WoL is a 35% damage boost.

Yeah I always play striker in pvp besides sometimes in control. Just feels both Titan classes need some QoL improvements to make them flow better like the other classes.

Deku Tree

Great research, I think you're exactly right. I can't remember the order of the legendary upgrades (might be 2+2+1), but I think you're right

Thanks Hawkian! :)

For my legendary boots the last three shard upgrades definitely gave 1+2+2 light in that order.

I was trying to decide if I should partially upgrade the light in my legendary chest and legendary boots to get to 29 or just fully upgrade one of them. I needed five more light. When I got the first upgrade it was only one light so I fully upgraded my boots... otherwise I would have partially upgraded both my boots and my chest armor... but that would have cost more light because it was 1+2+2...

I assume all armor pieces are the same but I haven't experimented with it.

I don't know man, I really like it in pve (especially when solar burn is active).

The four shot burst takes down majors easily, he anmo regen helps on longer strikes, in pvp the rapid fire hits are incredibly deadly if you can land them.

If you enjoy shotguns you should definitely get it. It's not a game changer but it can be a lot of fun.
I never use shotguns in PvE, at all. I find fusion rifles or snipers(ice breaker) are far more effective. Kill from a distance. Add in fatebringer and you're golden.

That all opioions there.

In pvp Iv found The Crash to be a lot better. Larger mag, bigger clip. Pretty good rate of fire and range. Hasn't failed me yet.

Just had Hard Light get decrypted from my first Crucible Legendary engram...was hoping for a void 77 Wizard. Any opinions on Hard Light?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been collecting HCs with explosive rounds, so far I've got Timur's Lash, Fatebringer, TDYK, and The Chance. I have yet to loot even one of the Dead Orbit or New Monarchy HCs, and haven't found a Fixer with explosives.

Timur's Lash is absolutely brutal to get hit by, we played some rumble and I had a friend stream it so I could see what it looked like from his perspective. One shot would drop his shields, turn his screen red, flare his entire screen, and shake his view all over.

I already knew I was winning firefights against Suros users et al who got the jump on me, but in a straight firefight, if I don't miss, they die. Sometimes even if I do they still die.

If you're using a HC or a Scout, you want Explosive Rounds or High Caliber Rounds for pvp, full stop.
high caliber rounds causes the effect?

i want one of those......

Frenden

Banned
After getting Plan C the other night and just picking up the Pocket Infinity, comparing them Plan C looks quite a bit better on paper except full auto mode on PI.

I have both and leveled up Plan C first. More immediate benefit. But after getting Ahamkara's Spine, I want to level up the Infinity. Its increased reload speed for specials should help mitigate the PI nerf a bit.

While I posted here I also did some googling and it appears that I won't do any more damage to enemies beneath my level by being higher level than them.

final results doing damage with the same EXACT weapon at the same TYPE OF MOB (lvl 24 acolyte) by just changing my light level
Light 21: 184 dmg
Light 23: 261 dmg
Light 24: 383 dmg
Light 26: 383 dmg
Light 28: 383 dmg

So being level 30 for damage only matters for the Hard Raid. Being level 30 means I have more armor for every mode, though. I guess I won't worry about dropping down to level 29 to level different armor sets now.

Has anyone seen anything different than this?

Tovarisc

Seriously, what is up with these garbagio lagfest Crucible lobbies tonight?

I'm not interested in enemies that take zero damage from headshots, warp around like squirrel on LSD and doors that take up to 5 seconds to open.

Frenden

Banned
high caliber rounds causes the effect?

i want one of those......

Explosive does too. I'm pretty sure.

I have a Red Hand with Zen Moment, Explosive Rounds, and Radar While Aiming and it's a beast in PVP. I turn the explosive rounds off for PVE, but I think the effect disorients human players enough in PVP to warrant it being on.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have both and leveled up Plan C first. More immediate benefit. But after getting Ahamkara's Spine, I want to level up the Infinity. Its increased reload speed for specials should help mitigate the PI nerf a bit.
"a bit"

the nerf was meaningless anyway. the money was in Perfect Balance even before I had the spine.
Explosive does too. I'm pretty sure.

I have a Red Hand with Zen Moment, Explosive Rounds, and Radar While Aiming and it's a beast in PVP. I turn the explosive rounds off for PVE, but I think the effect disorients human players enough in PVP to warrant it being on.
no explosive obviously does, I had though high caliber didn't have the effect in pvp

Tovarisc

I turn the explosive rounds off for PVE, but I think the effect disorients human players enough in PVP to warrant it being on.

Very little to do with disorient effect, but all to do with the fact that explosive rounds knockback your aim fucking A LOT making firing back impossible. Pure RNG at that point to hit enemy who is shooting you with explosive rounds.

Afrocious

I now have no reason to do Hard Mode...or anything for that matter kind of.

Guess I should focus on Flawless Raider now lol

VDgmdxZ.jpg

Sorral

Rank 3 in Dead Orbit and all I got is ass energy. Fuck this game.

I got the same a while ago from that. Welcome to the Ass Energy's neighborhood!

Hate getting energy so much

Titan can glide across as well if you throw in a striker dash and feather the jetpack.

Death From Above as a Titan gets you there too. Just lift/forward and aim it.

It was fun to test when I went there as a Titan.

What's better, light/beware or pocket infinity? Getting 200 nightfall kills is a real chore.

PI is really worth it. The 200 kills will go by fairly quickly if you use a fusion rifle with the bonus damage element of the week inside Nightfall.

What's the quickest way to get 48 spirit bloom?

On Venus, go to where the Fallens are on the left. Go around in that area to open boxes (there are like 6 caves and boxes that get put on cliffs/edges) and get the random spirit blooms. You can also do two patrol missions and get a public event every now and then there as well.

neoism

doing the normal raid tonight later... anyone want to help me I have the boss checkpoint just need surosbros.. :p

pls

27 hunter
PSN ne0ism-
8am est- .....

Afrocious

For my Tuesday groupmates: We need to do hard mode anymore?

Since Figs and Todd have the flawless raider trophy, the rest could probably get it easily.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's better, light/beware or pocket infinity? Getting 200 nightfall kills is a real chore.
light/beware is a fantastic fusion rifle. pocket infinity, once leveled up, isn't really like other fusion rifles. it's a beast of its own.

Hit Rank 5 in FWC today and only got Ass for Energy as well :\

My 77W is Arc and god damn it single handedly allows to me to solo shit if Arc burn is active. Great gun.

Yeah, my void weapons are rather terrible. The Dammerung is pretty shitty, and the MK52 or whatever shotgun has terrible RoF. The Prudence is ok but sniping on these small maps isn't my style. Wouldn't know what to do without the ZAWF47 for this bounty.

And yay, my first loss in progress twice in a row after being dropped into two matches against partied teams...

Thoughts?

Nope.

Found Verdict is still the best overall shotgun in the game imo. I've leveled up Universal Remote, Hide and Seek, and Invective and I ended up maxing out Found Verdict instead. Its combo of range and impact + arc can't be beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom