• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Reveal Thread

MrBig

Planetside 2 is more impressive from a competitive multiplayer "scope & ambition" perspective than anything shown or hinted at here. And it's been out for months.

I don't think this is in any way going to be something in the style of planetside, which is a fully open, player driven game. This looks to be more of a multiplayer campaign/chronologically progressing universe.

Wes

venison crêpe
Xbox Infinity?

yAE7icI.jpg

PjVv3.gif

Darkkn

Might be mistake to release the game on soon-to-be legacy systems as that kind of sets limitations as a lowest common denominator on what they can push in terms of gameplay/systems/scale/networking etc.

IP's designed to take full advantage of next-gen systems have the advantage of being free of current-gen memory/processing limitations dragging down the ambition of the game.

imotep

Neo Member
It makes sense since the loop looks like an "8" on its side, thus it creates a branding link to Windows 8. As well as the obvious "infinity" symbol.

Also, like I said: Microsoft loves them some loops.

I think calling that a branding link to windows 8 is a bit of stretch.

Have i missed some reveals?

I see a lot of people complaining that we knew everything in this reveal but the only info ive seen is the info that leaked within the last few days. If it wasnt for this reveal then most likely that info would have never leaked.

Xamdou

The beginning story reminded me of Gurren Lagann, where humans ruled the galaxy until a new alien threat pushed mankind to the Earth's underground. Difference is in Destiny they are pushed to the last city on Earth protected by the "Traveler." In GL, Lord Genome protected mankind by keeping Humans underground.

I'm just happy this wasn't a 12am Embargo for info or else I would be really salty right now.
In the end there was enough talked about to make me intrigued but thats all.

Hindle

Banned
They mention you can go to different planets, it would be awesome if you travel there in real time. I think we will on the next gen versions.

IHaveIce

Banned
1) "GAF" is not one person and we ban for complaining about GAF hivemind.
2) People are allowed to talk about WIP. It is stipulated that things are WIP.

Noted, edited my post to not sound like everyone is like this. But it isn't exclusive to this thread, same with the port begging.

And yes of course we are allowed to talk about WIP, but "looks nothing like next gen" just is mindboggling to say for a non finished product. At least for me.

Bsigg12

Hahah, I knew it! Totally planned lol

This isn't a mistake because they took the time to censor the ID.

Actually, I didn't see that anywhere. Give me a timestamp and I won't consider it fake.

Yea, I'm not seeing it either. He needs a timestamp on it otherwise it's bullshit.

Nyunpa

Neo Member
God these people complaining...

What did yall expect? This is exactly what you should have thought would happen, some cool concept art and some story to get you thinking about what the story in the game is. Also a little talk as to the scale of their universe.

And wah the game doesn't look like the most beautiful thing ever; if you aren't going to buy the game because it's not the most beautiful game ever I'm sure Bungie doesn't care. Bungie has enough people that will buy for their "great story".

I don't know why people are looking for a complete finished product reveal as if the game is gonna come out tomorrow.

Donos

One is sure. Amazon ratings will be very bad. Amazon reviewers hate strict DRM and always online stuff. See Diablo 3 and other DRM heavy games.
I like the design but i want to see more of the game. All sounds really ambitious though.
Hope bungie doesn't land on his nose with this but Activision is going to put alot of cash behind the marketing. Some 9.6 reviews are surely already written.

well I like the concept art and the story about a traveller etc, sounded AWESOME.

Got a bit dissapointed once I saw the graphics but I guess we all have to remember that it is still in early form.

However I do agree on what another member here said, dont give a good speech about the game and then show something uninpressive. They should just have waited for the reveal and showed something truly amazing.

oh and this must be current gen, no way it is next gen

Godslay

Banned
Might be mistake to release the game on soon-to-be legacy systems as that kind of sets limitations as a lowest common denominator on what they can push in terms of gameplay/systems/scale/networking etc.

IP's designed to take full advantage of next-gen systems have the advantage of being free of current-gen memory/processing limitations dragging down the ambition of the game.

No installed base. You have to target 360/PS3 at this point to make money.

tumblr_lgkckh1yV31qa30dn.gif

Well that was dissapointing, can these guys ever make a game that doesnt look ugly as sin, the only good looking halo game was the one that wasnt made by them, hire some engineers god damn, invest some time and money on the visuals, sure its a current gen footage, even for that it looks like crap compared to whats out there so far.

I know not much gameplay was shown, but why don't we worry more about how it plays than how it looks, hm?

Gerstmann is saying that Bungie was going out of their way to make sure nobody saw real gameplay footage, while he was at the event. Which is weird, considering they've been saying for a while that they were play-testing the game everyday.

Top Bottom