• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny to appear at Sony presser on Monday

I haven't really been up on this or maybe I am and I don't know. What is it that people have seen that has them excited? Is there footage I missed?

So far I've got
- It's made by Bungie
- There's loot
- You can come across other players occasionally and take part in events
- The classes have different special skills and an active ability

It sounds pretty Borderlands-y (which I enjoyed) outside of the connected world aspect. Have we seen any crazy Halo-esque setpieces/gunfights? What am I missing?

Yeah, I understand all the negativity. Who wants to see the same old shit we've been shown for about a year now? We get it, 3 guardians, 3 man teams, specific powes for each Guardian, dungeons, raids, yada yada.

Now, if they show actual pvp footage of Destiny, I'm sure the majority of GAF would be hyped :) (me included)

kairu

I think Destiny looks exciting. I hope they dont spend too much time on it, though. Hopefully just a quick update video.

greatgeek

Banned
Somebody was streaming destiny on pslive tonight, anybody catch it?

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Because it is going to be freaking massive and because they aren't going to be announcing 7 original new Japan developed IPs and The Last Guardian.

I can't wait until Tuesday so people wake up.

I never implied that that's what I expect, no clue where you got that. I just really hate how E3 has become more of a marketing event, rather than a place to show off new stuff.

daffy

Banned
I haven't really been up on this or maybe I am and I don't know. What is it that people have seen that has them excited? Is there footage I missed?

So far I've got
- It's made by Bungie
- There's loot
- You can come across other players occasionally and take part in events
- The classes have different special skills and an active ability

It sounds pretty Borderlands-y (which I enjoyed) outside of the connected world aspect. Have we seen any crazy Halo-esque setpieces/gunfights? What am I missing?
There's a video out of a team riding on scooters and meeting up with two other teams to take out this giant beetle thing that looked pretty cool. Don't know if you've seen that already. You can go to their YouTube page /destinygame for all the footage so far. Personally I think calling it Borderlands-y is doing it a disservice.

Watch_Dogs never went under people's radars. I always heard more about Watch_Dogs then I have so far about Destiny.

There were posts of people saying "is there anymore hype for Watch_Dogs anymore?" and "the delay basically ruined all hype for this game, Ubisoft better change their 6 million sold estimate"

I gather that people see "Destiny" as a serious Borderlands, but counting it out as boring, etc. before having played it and also implying that it will flop is a bit jumping the gun. Bungie saved the Xbox platform from irrelevancy and they aren't exactly swapping genres entirely with "Destiny." It's most likely going to be a good game and the fact that it is open world (literally) and co-op should have the people clamoring for more multiplayer games foaming at the mouth.

It is going to sell a ton of console, and it is selling me on an FPS (I really do not like the genre). It looks lush, vibrant and fun. And I am a sucker for sci-fi epics...
Bring it on Bungie!

Madness

I think the sales are going to be so lopsided towards the PS4, it might as well be.

I think you'll be legit shook when you see Xbox 360 version probably outsell the rest. Sure there are now tons of Halo and former Xbox/MS fans with PS4, but the numbers just aren't there install wise to think so. I mean Xbox 360 titanfall is easily the reason titanfall was the number one selling title last year.

There are millions of Halo fans on Xbox 360 still who haven't bought a next gen console and if they can play a decent port of destiny, they will. It's also dependent on the beta, how well the last gen versions hold up. They easily had 2-3 years development for Xbox 360 before moving to next gen. The one negative is that since it's an online only game, that'll hamper sales on last gen consoles. Many have let their subscriptions run out, or never really even played Halo multi-player.

Madness

There is no way in hell that's gonna happen. Noooooooo way.

Why not? Let's say ps4 has an absurd 50% attach rate for Destiny, that's what, 4 million copies, do you honestly think that Xbox 360 won't approach that? Given the sheer amount of consoles out there, or people who haven't really jumped next gen?

Why not? Let's say ps4 has an absurd 50% attach rate for Destiny, that's what, 4 million copies, do you honestly think that Xbox 360 won't approach that? Given the sheer amount of consoles out there, or people who haven't really jumped next gen?
It didn't happen with watch dogs. Why would it happen for destiny?

rokkerkory

I think the demo will be one of the main things at the sony presser, they need all the time to make sure people understand this game

Madness

It didn't happen with watch dogs. Why would it happen for destiny?

Watch Dogs is an open world game made by Ubisoft, graphics sort of matter. Destiny is a shooter made by Bungie, formerly of Halo fame. Halo was only on Xbox consoles and for the past 14 years, Bungie has been Xbox only. What was the breakdown for Watch Dogs though? I'm curious? Plus I never said it was guaranteed, just that it could possibly happen.

Hmm, that's UK sales. I guess you can extrapolate for global. Either way, I'll go the route my friends go. Waiting to see what Halo plans are. If I don't like it, I'd probably buy a ps4 myself.

ryan299

I'm not sure why people assume everybody is going to be playing Destiny on PS. Bungie's fanbase is on Xbox. Not everybody jumped over to PS4 from 360.

If they are going to waste their time with this PS2 graphic like game again this time (keep in mind that 50% of the conference will be about Mopheus, 40% about PR business BS and this destiny will be part of the 10% left), then Sony has really nothing to show at E3: they won't show Media Molecule project, they won't show Guerilla's RPG, and they won't show Sony Bend's open world horror no zombie photorealistic U4E game. We will probably get 1:30 minute trailer of Next Uncharted, fake gameplay of Assassin's Creed Unity like always (whose graphocs will be downgraded ione day before release just like Watch Dogs).
What is left? I hope the electricy cuts off if this is the real program for Sony. -_-

If they are going to waste their time with this PS2 graphic like game again this time (keep in mind that 50% of the conference will be about Mopheus, 40% about PR business BS and this destiny will be part of the 10% left), then Sony has really nothing to show at E3: they won't show Media Molecule project, they won't show Guerilla's RPG, and they won't show Sony Bend's open world horror no zombie photorealistic U4E game. We will probably get 1:30 minute trailer of Next Uncharted, fake gameplay of Assassin's Creed Unity like always (whose graphocs will be downgraded ione day before release just like Watch Dogs).
What is left? I hope the electricy cuts off if this is the real program for Sony. -_-
Is this a joke? I hope this is a joke.

E3 has made everyone go batshit insane. Save me GAF.

Lemondish

I can't believe you're a real person.

RE_Player

Sony is making smart moves. Partnering with Ubisoft for Watch_Dogs made PS4 the highest selling version and Destiny will be no different.

Pennywise

dtgapp.gif

Lord have mercy, someone's been drinking just a touch too much Koolaid.

I'm not sure why people assume everybody is going to be playing Destiny on PS. Bungie's fanbase is on Xbox. Not everybody jumped over to PS4 from 360.

The HALO fanbase is on the Xbox. This isn't HALO. It's a completely different game. Last gen consoles have fallen off hard and current gen console games sales are continuing to rise. We saw Watch_Dogs sell 76% of its first week units in the UK on current gen platforms. And 49% of those were on the PS4. And Watch_Dogs PS4 was the best selling game last week in Germany while the PS3 version was #3.

_hekk05

Banned
E3 is a comin'. PSA sarcasm detectors are usually overloaded around this time of year, so don't beat around the bush.

taco543

I wouldn't doubt it, just saw this today on my friends list, don't want to say who it is but he has access to e3...

10273103_792073150805001_3889282059329107327_o.jpg

No, it won't. We've seen for the past few months that last gen salss have continuously decreased. Why would Destiny be an exception?

rdrr gnr

It's not happening. PS4 will move the most units moved.

It's obvious Sony wants a Bungie game bad, and as a predominantly Playstation gamer over the years I'm hoping it turns out great. Want that beta to start now.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

A meltdown and E3 hasn't even started yet.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
FFS

well atleast Watch dogs wont be there .
somehow it will

It absolutely will. I read it, you see. On a list I found while browsing the government's private internet sector,

See? Taken straight from the president's computer. Sony. Watch Dogs. It's going to be there.

This list is still so bad.

Top Bottom