• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny viral marketing campaign/teaser sites begin

Spawnling

Feb. 17 announcement confirmed.

cT86rqP.png

VmDWy39.png

Shadders

We're still all doing the AlphaLupi thing at 7pm, right?

It's as if Bungie timed this to throw a lot of noise at us and stop us doing it. :lol

Alright. So, should we also share the images we get in this thread too, then? Or is that pointless?

We'll all end up with the same image. the hope is that we fill up enough of the image to the right that it can be cleaned up (probably by Tech over on Reddit) and we'll be able to use the QR code behind it to get the next info.

I wonder how much internet flak they would get if part of the advertising was "FROM THE CREATORS OF HALO" or something similar. Good lord, Microsoft would have a fucking aneurysm over that.

blamite

Looks like it's getting pretty damn clear at this point, but is it enough to see the whole QR code?

Seems like each 5 minutes of input are reflected in the update 5 minutes later. So users online between 1:00 and 1:05 will affect the image shown from 1:05 to 1:10. Does that sound right?

Usually they're not too sensitive, but I can definitely reconstruct it. If someone could deconstruct what's currently visible, that might be enough.

I think there's just not enough people. It's going to be pretty difficult to get enough users across the globe logging in at the same time given school/work obligations.

Usually they're not too sensitive, but I can definitely reconstruct it. If someone could deconstruct what's currently visible, that might be enough.

The issue is that since the image is created by mirroring and flipping the left side.. there's no way to get around the fact that we need to expose more.

amatecha

Is the amount of image revealed based on how many people solve the puzzle? Or, that and the variety of regions people do so from?

Is the amount of image revealed based on how many people solve the puzzle? Or, that and the variety of regions people do so from?

The latter. We need a LOT of hits from all over the world in the same 5 minute window.

We should reschedule for a time that would be most convenient for all time zones. Not sure what time that would be, exactly. /:

That's what the 2pm est/edt was an attempt at. We came to the conclusion based on the fact that it's the peak concurrent user time for Steam. Problem is, not everyone on Steam is participating. It was a decent theory but we really need to find a peak time for concurrent Bungie fans. I have a distinct feeling that's going to weigh more towards US primetimes. Perhaps somewhere in the 5-7pm est/edt range?

Ah! Didn't realize you could do that. Well that's good to know. I wonder if each puzzle will progressively require more and more concurrent hits.

i sure as hell hope not given that we didn't even have enough hits last night to get the first url clearly.

Interestingly enough.. it seems the image in the right side shows the same amount of nodes regardless of whether you're on Monday or Tuesday puzzle.

Top Bottom