• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex 3 realtime screenshots revealed

Praetorianer

Neo Member
Nirolak said:
Dreamfall's future sections.

Admittedly it was a bit stunted since it was also on the Xbox 1.

It's not excrutiatingly common though, but I think that has a lot to do with how difficult it is to render vast dystopic cityscapes, which is one of the big visual parts of cyberpunk.

Nah, I don't think they can be compared. The only other games that came close to that style have been Restricted Area and Vandell. Truth is, there haven't been many games with that setting...really good ones, there have been none.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I guess I really need to buy Deus Ex off Steam and finally experience it. This one looks and sounds pretty damned sweet, right up my alley.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Dan said:
I guess I really need to buy Deus Ex off Steam and finally experience it. This one looks and sounds pretty damned sweet, right up my alley.
Chalk it up to the Deus Ex effect. Be glad that you're getting into this game fresh. And don't get scared by the overwhelming options in Liberty Island.

I wonder what the chances are that they will make you type on usernames and passwords in this. I always like when games do that because it wasn't about playing a mini-game and rather finding that information, remembering it, and inputting it. That and having a phone with random numbers you could dial based and what you see in the game world. Or the codec from the MGS games.

Maybe for the console version they can have a list of options and you just pick what seems to be the closest one. oh that will never happen...

Twig

Banned
Linkzg said:
I wonder what the chances are that they will make you type on usernames and passwords in this. I always like when games do that because it wasn't about playing a mini-game and rather finding that information, remembering it, and inputting it. That and having a phone with random numbers you could dial based and what you see in the game world. Or the codec from the MGS games.

Maybe for the console version they can have a list of options and you just pick what seems to be the closest one. oh that will never happen...
I would absolutely love for a game of today to force me to write down things that I need to keep track of (or at least provide an in-game text editor of some sort).

Man. I love that shit.

major_killjoy said:
Feeling the hype. : ) Since, I have yet to play the first game, I'll probably pick it up for the PS2.

Though the PS2 port was pretty good and not dumbed-down at all, there's no reason not to get the PC version. It must cost pennies, should run on everything, easier to deal with the complex interface with mouse/keyboard, faster saving and loading, it's the pure Deus-Ex experience, etc.

revolverjgw said:
Though the PS2 port was pretty good and not dumbed-down at all, there's no reason not to get the PC version. It must cost pennies, should run on everything, easier to deal with the complex interface with mouse/keyboard, faster saving and loading, it's the pure Deus-Ex experience, etc.

I own a mac and the only working pc in the flat is 10 yrs old. Thanks for the recommendation, tho.

major_killjoy said:
I own a mac and the only working pc in the flat is 10 yrs old. Thanks for the recommendation, tho.

Deus Ex came out 10 years ago, you oughta be able to run it.
Also, theres a Mac version.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
I think the exoskeleton is what gave the game a MGSish feel to it. Reminds me to Raiden and Vamp. Vamp due to the face and Raiden with the exoskeleton and acrobatics.

Also have you guys notice the A in the word HUMAN is a triangle? Meaning 3, I know its stupid, but I notice it the first day I saw the video, but forgot to mention it here. :lol

UrbanRats

So Michael McCann is doing the OST, can someone confirm? I loved his work on Splinter Cell:DA(coming after Amon Tobin it wasn't an easy task).
And the music he pulled out in the DeX3 trailer was badass.

EDIT: Ah, Wikipedia confirms it.

Nachkebia

Banned
Btw have you noticed how games and movies are either totally orange or totally blue recently? In cinematography I understand, its all about digital but why are games fallowing the trend?

TheYanger

UrbanRats said:
So Michael McCann is doing the OST, can someone confirm? I loved his work on Splinter Cell:DA(coming after Amon Tobin it wasn't an easy task).

Now it just needs to live up to NYC Streets, Hong Kong, Enemy Within...the other awesome Deus Ex music. One of the best mood-setting soundtracks of all time.

UrbanRats said:

Nice. Double Agent wasn't great, but it had some sweet, moody tunes.

Fool me once shame on you.

Looks interesting but this is no day 1 purchase for me. They can't drop the ball as hard as they did with DX2 and expect me to not have reservations.

Pooya

UrbanRats said:

His name is in the end of the trailer, DA OST wasn't very good though.
I googled other names and many of the are from Ubi Montreal.
The Game Director (Jean Francois Dugas) has worked on Rainbow Six Vegas and FarCry Instinct for example.

zbeeb

-DarKaoZ- said:
Also have you guys notice the A in the word HUMAN is a triangle? Meaning 3, I know its stupid, but I notice it the first day I saw the video, but forgot to mention it here. :lol

You'll also find a triangle is also the mathematical symbol for change (capital of the greek letter delta). Could possible be pointing towards this meaning aswell?

Wallach

I don't really hold Deus Ex in the same regard as some folks in here, but even I was pretty burned by the sequel. Thing is, I don't want another Deus Ex either. Really curious to see what they do with this given all the hate Invisible War got.

UrbanRats

miladesn said:
His name is in the end of the trailer, DA OST wasn't very good though.
It wasn't at the level of Amon Tobin's Chaos Theory(who also did InFamous', but it's a great musician certainly not for OSTs)but it was great IMO.

Tracks like:
Iceland fight
or the main title theme or New York infiltration, are awesome.
Also, as i said, the music in the trailer is badass, and he got this electronic but dirty sound that match good with the mood and the visuals of the game.

Also, the Endwar OST was also good:
example

Praetorianer

Neo Member
Nachkebia said:
Btw have you noticed how games and movies are either totally orange or totally blue recently? In cinematography I understand, its all about digital but why are games fallowing the trend?

Examples?

Praetorianer

Neo Member
Yeah, and there's even a band called Orange Blue.

Just because some movie posters use complementary colors and some scenes in movies use them, that's not representative for the whole movie or game industry.

It's neither a trend nor a hype.

UrbanRats

Praetorianer said:

Just because some movie posters use complementary colors and some scenes in movies use them, that's not representative for the whole movie or game industry.

Yeah well, the colors that match together are pretty much always the same and these match wil be used again and again, just as the notes in music are always those 7.
It's not a big deal anyway. :lol

Nachkebia

Banned
Praetorianer said:
Examples?

This game is Orange, Vanquish is Blue! totally Orange and toootally Blue.

Edit : I don`t have problem with duo tone or tri tone, don`t get me wrong I like monochrome stuff but orange and blue is pissing me off.

Nachkebia

Banned
UrbanRats said:
Yeah well, the colors that match together are pretty much always the same and these match wil be used again and again, just as the notes in music are always those 7.
It's not a big deal anyway. :lol

Look at your avatar, smoke is orange.....

2safipu.gif

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Praetorianer said:

Some scenes? That blog post shows examples of their constant use throughout movies.

Nachkebia

Banned

Praetorianer

Neo Member
Half a dozen movies from a timespan of three decades are not what I call representative for two content/cultural industries. Colour filters have been used long before DI and if the director/cinematographer of a movie wants to create a certain look or atmosphere for his flm, that's entirely his choice. Btw. the visuals were the only good thing about Transformers 2.

But anyways, who cares? As long as I like the look (and I do like it in the case of DX3), I'm satisfied and I don't care if two colours are predominant or not. This reminds me of

avalon01.jpg

Damn, where's the blue? Damn you, Avalon!

-viper-

Banned
Odrion said:
Except that in Far Cry 2 if your health goes too low there's a penalty - you have to watch your avatar fix a wound in his body before you heal back up and it's always SUPER GROSS.
Have you got a Youtube video of that? That sounds fairly interesting.

UrbanRats

Well, to be clear, i agree that when it's forced in(like in most of those examples from the blog)it kinda sucks.. not because of blue and orange(how can colors be "bad"?)but 'cause it shows a low attention to the product (also, most of the stuff reported there are blockbuster summershit, watch 'n' forget).
But sometimes blue/orange is just the right palette to use, a witch-hunt against a color would be retarded, and i think everyone can agree on this.

[HP]

It's called Art Direction boys and girls.

Same with movies, Matrix is green, Gone in 60 seconds is brown, Aliens is blue, etc, etc.

raphier

Banned
[HP] said:
It's called Art Direction boys and girls.

Same with movies, Matrix is green, Gone in 60 seconds is brown, Aliens is blue, etc, etc.
Matrix was green in matrix reality and blue in "real life". That I understand, but art direction could be much better than what we have now :p

AltogetherAndrews said:
There is enough fucking god awful history here to make the worst case scenario the most likely scenario. Fuck this shit.

Confidence Man said:
That dev quote just nails it for me. Deus Ex was too much like a simulation? Not enough "game experience"?

boy if I didn't know better I would almost think that you guys got yourselves worked up into a hatelather well before you even knew a single thing about this game and then spun out negative narratives about how inevitably terrible it was going to be based on extremely flimsy evidence

dygiT said:
I think the reason why most people are upset or "complaining" is the fact that there's nothing wrong with the Deus Ex ruleset.

Sure, but I don't think it's true that to some huge degree there's something objectively right about it either. There are lots of ways to address the same problem, lots of carried-over gameplay design elements from older titles that have both pros and cons (inventory systems tend to be a perfect example of this), etc.

Twig

Banned
charlequin said:
Sure, but I don't think it's true that to some huge degree there's something objectively right about it either.
I'm not sure that objectivity has anything to do with it.

If I like something, I know I sure don't give two flying fucks about whether or not it is objectively the right way of doing things. I just know I like it, and if it changes, there's potential for me to hate. And if I more than like - possibly love - then any change will not be what I want. It might still be good, but the fact that it's not what I want sucks the shitfan.

And to that end, the negativity is completely understandable. Lots of people love Deus Ex 1. I've never played it, but it always sounded fantastic to me.

And I do know I hate regenerating health. I hate third-person cover mode (it completely bypasses the point of playing a game in first-person). Etc. But that's not really relevant to the things I said above, so whatever.

about the whole orange thing, this shot of the subway shows how it isn't all that orange

Gribbix said:
One more new screen showed up at VE3D:
73621_deusexhumanrevopey3.jpeg

it does come off a bit too strong in other screenshots but surprisingly it doesn't bother me and I usually hate this stuff. I think it's because it comes off more as an aesthetic choice rather than just dull piss color everywhere. I would be more upset if they threw on a grain filter or heavy edge fade.

Top Bottom