• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided I Review Thread I I asked for this

Damerman

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | Not all Augs
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | Why not "Augs lives matter, TOO"?
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | Augmentation Holocaust
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | I never asked for political correctness
I like augs lives matter.

SJRB

Gold Member
[HP];214597020 said:
I know LIKIK has to appeal to his audience which is basically 13 year olds, but man a juvenile dude playing a serious game like this just doesn't match as well as i initially though tit might.

The guy is an excellent streamer but shouldn't touch narrative-heavy games with a 10 feet pole. He doesn't have the patience and basically runs-and-guns everywhere. Not the most subtle of gamers.

Honestly they should've given the early streaming exclusivity to someone like Dansgaming. He's been replaying Human Revolution over the last couple of days and has been hyping Mankind Devided for quite a while. He deserved to play it earlier.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Did you try to activate the optional goal as a map marker. I don't remember where his office was, but it shouldn't be hard to find as soon as you got the optional goal. I think somewhere in the basement of the little police department? o_O Just try to follow the map marker :D
Thanks mate

Tovarisc

Why would you run 8xMSAA :( that shit is just unreasonable unless you can brute force it.

He doesn't care. He just maxes game out and then drops settings down if game runs bad.

Really? I'm sure i heard him say he didn't have them at the start of the stream.

Is it running bad for JP as well at ultra? 50-60? or just SLI not working?

Turning SLI on destroys performance. Happened to Lirik and itmeJP.

Tecnniqe

Banned
He doesn't care. He just maxes game out and then drops settings down if game runs bad.

Turning SLI on destroys performance. Happened to Lirik and itmeJP.

Also edited my post to correct my driver mistake.

Good to know, I'll turn SLI off and never invest in that tech again after being told (yet again after having the same issues this gen) that it was a god upgrade and you can never go back.

What an overstatement that was when 50% don't even support it and run like shit with it on.

Tovarisc

The guy is an excellent streamer but shouldn't touch narrative-heavy games with a 10 feet pole. He doesn't have the patience and basically runs-and-guns everywhere. Not the most subtle of gamers.

Honestly they should've given the early streaming exclusivity to someone like Dansgaming. He's been replaying Human Revolution over the last couple of days and has been hyping Mankind Devided for quite a while. He deserved to play it earlier.

~30k viewers every single day Vs. ~5-6k viewers per day, that is why Lirik gets all best exclusivity deals.

AH man I've been missing dan play hr =\

Good to know, I'll turn SLI off and never invest in that tech again after being told (yet again after having the same issues this gen) that it was a god upgrade and you can never go back.

What an overstatement that was when 50% don't even support it and run like shit with it on.

lol I agree

When single card can beat my 980ti sli setup, i'll buy that, and NEVER do SLI again, and I'll warn others against it

Well, while we wait almost an extra day for the platform the majority of players will be on, let's resurrect an old FateGAF tradition.

307d3e9583.jpg

3729feec7b.jpg

8e05711b20.jpg

476d5dee75.jpg

Remember kids, level up Swimming!

Smokey

SLI was great in the past. I had SLI and Tri-SLI setups. The last year to year and a half, is when things have gone to shit. Especially in DX12. I jumped off the SLI train some time ago (a little less than a year), and it's been great.

Deadbeat

Banned
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | Not all Augs
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | Why not "Augs lives matter, TOO"?
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | Augmentation Holocaust
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | I never asked for political correctness
Would #notallaugs be better or should the hashtag be removed? I can't make up my mind.

CoLaN

~30k viewers every single day Vs. ~5-6k viewers per day, that is why Lirik gets all best exclusivity deals.

Meh, Dan gets over 10k, or even 20k during some big releases. I feel like they dont always spend their money very well on Twitch promotional streams.

jrcbandit

He HAS latest drivers that NV has released and SLI does not work. itmeJP reported same thing.

Also last I checked he is running 8x MSAA @ 1440p.

It's not poor optimization when the guy is running 8x MSAA, sheesh. If people want sub-60 fps for 8x MSAA, that's totally on them lol. All you have to do is lower MSAA, maybe adjust some of the soft/contact shadows stuff and you'll easily hit a constant 60+ fps. Dunno why SLI isn't working since earlier benchmarks showed it to work at 4k.

SLI was great in the past. I had SLI and Tri-SLI setups. The last year to year and a half, is when things have gone to shit. Especially in DX12. I jumped off the SLI train some time ago (a little less than a year), and it's been great.

I completely agree. Proper SLI support has gone to the crapper for the last 1.5 years or so. The new High Bandwidth SLI bridge at 1440p 144 Hz or 4k solves poor utilization and helps get rid of microstutters (doesn't help people who SLI at 1080p though), but there is still the problem of basic SLI support in games. I might go with 1070 SLI if Nvidia gets developers to actually support it properly again.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Yeah im never going SLI again. I've been on the train twice and it's been great the few times it works but its just not worth it. Having to disable, enable, check performance, price for almost no gain.

Just seems like a over-all net negative to me.

Yeah im never going SLI again. I've been on the train twice and it's been great the few times it works but its just not worth it. Having to disable, enable, check performance, price for almost no gain.

Just seems like a over-all net negative to me.

I sli'd once back with some GTX 460's and decided never again. Not worth it. Just spend the extra money from the second card on a better single card. Haven't looked back since. I've had to wait a bit to get a better card, but it's always been worth it.

Tovarisc

Meh, Dan gets over 10k, or even 20k during some big releases. I feel like they dont always spend their money very well on Twitch promotional streams.

I know, he can reach some good numbers. He got sick views for his Skyrim stuff few weeks back. It's still rare and everyone goes to Lirik moment he comes live.

It's not poor optimization when the guy is running 8x MSAA, sheesh. If people want sub-60 fps for 8x MSAA, that's totally on them lol. All you have to do is lower MSAA, maybe adjust some of the soft/contact shadows stuff and you'll easily hit a constant 60+ fps. Dunno why SLI isn't working since earlier benchmarks showed it to work at 4k.

I completely agree. Proper SLI support has gone to the crapper for the last 1.5 years or so. The new High Bandwidth SLI bridge at 1440p 144 Hz or 4k solves poor utilization and helps get rid of microstutters (doesn't help people who SLI at 1080p though), but there is still the problem of basic SLI support in games. I might go with 1070 SLI if Nvidia gets developers to actually support it properly again.
SLI support was never good

SLI support was never good

Ever. Wasn't good 10 years ago, still garbage now. If people want SLI support for their games, they'll have to realize that they won't likely get them for release date of a game. My experience with SLI has been that it's usually 4-6 weeks after release before it get's it in any form. It's such a small percentage of players that most developers don't care to go the extra mile for it.

thenexus6

I can;t seem to figure out where to access the DLC mission on my PS4 copy.. Its not in game, maybe on the Jenson option on the start screen?

SlickVic

Thanks man. Quicksave would be nice but as long as I can save whenever I want I am happy.

Fucking hate checkpoint saves in games like these.

I hope they made it like Fallout 4 with a controller where if you open the menu, first option is quick save, select it and you're immediately put back into the game. Save/loads sometimes get tedious with controller especially when they keep prompting you to confirm creating a new save, waiting a few seconds for it to actually save, etc.

packy34

I don't really follow Lirik so I don't know if this is just his schtick, but his playstyle is really... not great? He's rushing from story mission to story mission and he doesn't seem interested at all, and that's kinda turning me off from watching the stream... even though I want to see some sweet PC footage.

deoee

I don't really follow Lirik so I don't know if this is just his schtick, but his playstyle is really... not great? He's rushing from story mission to story mission and he doesn't seem interested at all, and that's kinda turning me off from watching the stream... even though I want to see some sweet PC footage.

He's just bad at games and like people said - has a short attention span. Only really doing decent in shooters. You should have watched him play The Witness or Unravel - lol

Tecnniqe

Banned

I like him for his entertainment value when he plays games that don't require much thinking or finding items, as he is usually horrible and disoriented in these games.

Watching him play Rocket League is great. Trashtalk is great :D

Top Bottom