• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided I Review Thread I I asked for this

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
OT Name ideas if anyone still needs em:
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | Another Human Revolution Underway
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | Augment Your Post Order
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | Your Dota Announcer Asked for This
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | Augs United

Xyber

Thanks SE for making us PC gamers not in the US have to wait for almost a whole day extra for no reason at all when shit launches in 4 hours on PS4. :(

wbEMX

SE pulled the same shit with the unlock time when they released Rise of the Tomb Raider. God damn, why are they so incompetent?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Trace, Tovarisc, you both completely missed the point of my post, but that's okay, I did not expected anything else anyway.

PS. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| Can't Cut Progress

Its own separe thing, it seems. The novella is called "Hard Line", and according to a blurb:

A brand-new official Deus Ex novella, bridging events between Deus Ex: Black Light and the brand-new game Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

I think you are referring to the book Black Light. Both that book and this one are written by James Swallow.

Sweet, thanks! I was planning on picking up the book but was just curious if the novella was its' on separate thing from it. I wish they would've released the book earlier since it's a prequel to the game.

SlickVic

Nah, either go with your original title or go with something else. :)

I'm throwing out there Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| Can't Kill Progress just because it seems like a worthy follow up to Human Revolution given the GAF impressions and reviews.

This is the hashtag used for the game's marketing, but I still like it a lot.

[HP]

Its own separe thing, it seems. The novella is called "Hard Line", and according to a blurb:

A brand-new official Deus Ex novella, bridging events between Deus Ex: Black Light and the brand-new game Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

I think you are referring to the book Black Light. Both that book and this one are written by James Swallow.

What novella are you guys talking about? Got a link? I'm aware of Deus Ex: Black Light out tomorrow, but never heard of Hard Line.

Stiler

Why are steam releases getting so late now?

Is it not the publisher who controls it? Like they can easily tell steam "midnight" release and steam will unlock then (like many games before), IP just don't get why so many games do mid-day tuesday launches instead of midnight.

Augmented my pre-order and now we wait for augmentation of post-order.
D2lnC5C.png

What do we actually get in the various packs? I'd rather not have a bunch of OP shit right from the beginning of the game so I might uncheck a few of these boxes.

[HP];214593414 said:
What novella are you guys talking about? Got a link? I'm aware of Deus Ex: Black Light out tomorrow, but never heard of Hard Line.

It comes with the preorder/day one edition of the game. It's a digital download.

1 More day, then an hour wait after work and probably another 40 mins unpacking the pre-load when released. Goddamnit sucks that they chosen that time tmoz.

Not Drake

What do we actually get in the various packs? I'd rather not have a bunch of OP shit right from the beginning of the game so I might uncheck a few of these boxes.

Thousand credits, a single praxis, couple of guns and some ammo/grenades. Also there seems to be a convenient tool for people who don't really want those items/don't want them all. After you download the DLC, there's a "STORAGE" sub-menu in your inventory. You can extract the DLC items from it anytime. I think it's a smart way to deal with potential OP and balance-breaking items.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Covert Agent Pack - a merger of the previously separate Intruder, Enforcer and Classic packs
  • Custom-skinned version of Adam Jensen’s trench coat and combat armor. Classic combat armor and trench coat from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Cosmetic items, do not affect gameplay.
  • Pistol with a silencer, laser sight, recoil and accuracy upgrades. Five packs of 10MM pistol ammo.
  • Combat rifle with a holosight, reload and capacity upgrades. Five packs of 5.56MM combat rifle ammo.
  • Revolver from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Extra pack of revolver Ammo.
  • Two EMP grenades.
  • Two HE grenades.
  • 1 Praxis Point.
  • 1000 Credits.

Intruder Pack – Provides a custom-skinned version of Adam Jensen’s trench coat and pistol with a silencer, laser sight, recoil and accuracy upgrades. Other bonuses include two EMP grenades, five packs of 10MM pistol ammo, 1000 credits and a Praxis point for early augmentations.

Enforcer Pack – Includes a custom-skinned version of Adam Jensen’s combat armor and combat rifle with a holosight, reload and capacity upgrades. Players will also receive two HE grenades, five packs of 5.56MM combat rifle ammo, 1000 credits and a Praxis Point for early augmentations

Classic Pack – Grants access to Adam Jensen’s iconic combat armor, trench coat and revolver from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Players will also receive an extra pack of revolver Ammo.

Yoshi88

Just finished the main story, took me a good 30 hours with (nearly?) every sidequest.

The ending IS a bit abrupt, but in no bad way. I don't have a incomplete feeling. The story of Mankind Divided was told and is complete. There are some open questions but i think they're just covering all their bases for possible sequels this time since they seem to have been caught off guard when they wanted to continue Adam's story but basically wrapped up everything in Human Revolution.

Last level:
wow, that was really really, but i managed to take him down without killing him.

I, for one, loooved the story. It's interesting, thrilling and the more complex side missions (Jim Sterling's "L.A. Noire" comment kind of hits the nail on the head) are awesome. The player agency is way better,
there are some decisions you have to take over the course of the story, that are really, really hard.

Adam's even more boss than before, possibly because he's more than Sarif's pet dog this time, making more decisions for himself (aka choice of the player)

For me better in nearly every aspect than Human Revolution. It's a very matured game design. Great stuff and i'm really excited for NG+.

Also first time ever i completed a game before the official release date :D

And i also got a new favourite DE-theme: TF29 HQ is a perfect mix of old and new DE-style. I could listen hours to this.

_woLf

That steam unlock time is some bullshit.

These PC framerate issues are even more bullshit. NIXXES DONT FORSAKE US PLEASE

Covert Agent Pack - a merger of the previously separate Intruder, Enforcer and Classic packs
  • Custom-skinned version of Adam Jensen’s trench coat and combat armor. Classic combat armor and trench coat from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Cosmetic items, do not affect gameplay.
  • Pistol with a silencer, laser sight, recoil and accuracy upgrades. Five packs of 10MM pistol ammo.
  • Combat rifle with a holosight, reload and capacity upgrades. Five packs of 5.56MM combat rifle ammo.
  • Revolver from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Extra pack of revolver Ammo.
  • Two EMP grenades.
  • Two HE grenades.
  • 1 Praxis Point.
  • 1000 Credits.

Intruder Pack – Provides a custom-skinned version of Adam Jensen’s trench coat and pistol with a silencer, laser sight, recoil and accuracy upgrades. Other bonuses include two EMP grenades, five packs of 10MM pistol ammo, 1000 credits and a Praxis point for early augmentations.

Enforcer Pack – Includes a custom-skinned version of Adam Jensen’s combat armor and combat rifle with a holosight, reload and capacity upgrades. Players will also receive two HE grenades, five packs of 5.56MM combat rifle ammo, 1000 credits and a Praxis Point for early augmentations

Classic Pack – Grants access to Adam Jensen’s iconic combat armor, trench coat and revolver from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Players will also receive an extra pack of revolver Ammo.

Thanks for the list!

Thousand credits, a single praxis, couple of guns and some ammo/grenades. Also there seems to be a convenient tool for people who don't really want those items/don't want them all. After you download the DLC, there's a "STORAGE" sub-menu in your inventory. You can extract the DLC items from it anytime. I think it's a smart way to deal with potential OP and balance-breaking items.

And thank you for that bit of info as well. I think I'll dump everything into storage and see how it goes.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
did I miss something about framerate issues?

People seem to misunderstand that when you set everything to Max sometimes you don't get 60FPS unless you have really good hardware. Overall we don't really know what the sort of average FPS is until more people with varied configs have gotten the PC release.

Tecnniqe

Banned
LIRIK playing on a TitanX getting 50-60fps
That steam unlock time is some bullshit.

These PC framerate issues are even more bullshit. NIXXES DONT FORSAKE US PLEASE
You mean the previous gen Titan X? The game looks absolutely beautiful on stream and with SLI support and drivers (which nvidia released) I can't imagine it be horrible. Remember he still using the Win10 An. Edition Drivers and not the Game Ready ones for Deus Ex.
Thanks for the list!

No problem.

Zackat

People seem to misunderstand that when you set everything to Max sometimes you don't get 60FPS unless you have really good hardware. Overall we don't really know what the sort of average FPS is until more people with varied configs have gotten the PC release.

ah so the thing where if you drop one setting down to like medium and you go from 48 fps to like 80? And there is no surmisable difference in image quality, etc.?

LIRIK has sli titanx and was having issues with sli. Now he is running single titanx and getting between 50-60 fps and he had to turn some stuff down even. He is streaming here just to see what it looks like if you want. His PC setup is also there at the bottom
https://www.twitch.tv/lirik

[HP];214594260 said:
Sorry if I sound like a retard, you mean Jensen Story: Desperate Measures?

That's the extra game mission, I believe. There's a novella included in the pre-order bonuses, along with an artbook, an OST sampler, and the in-game stuff.

Moff

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | Not all Augs
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | Why not "Augs lives matter, TOO"?
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | Augmentation Holocaust
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | OT | I never asked for political correctness

Tecnniqe

Banned
LIRIK has sli titanx and was having issues with sli. Now he is running single titanx and getting between 50-60 fps and he had to turn some stuff down even. He is streaming here just to see what it looks like if you want. His PC setup is also there at the bottom

Again, he also have old drivers and didnt even update for the game ready drivers for DE:MD which probably plays a part in that, especially if the drivers add SLI support for the game.

But then again if a developer allows you to go ULTRA and it kills even the trip 1080 setup, is that just bad optimization if it looks gorgeous or is it on you for trying to run it in the first place.

Perhaps a bit of both?

None the less the game looks amazing, but I wont take 1 guy streaming with old drivers and call the game shitty optimized and yell at the port. I'll try it for myself with the drivers, try SLI and see whats up.

KingKong

at some point it doesnt matter what hardware you have when the specific graphic setting is so demanding

I'm guessing he has MSAA at 4 or 8x and just turning that down would get him to like 80 fps

So which settings are the big ones for dropping loads of frames, I know MSAA is taking its toll but I'm not sure what else.
I'll be playing this on a GTX 1080 so I'm hoping for a constant 60ish frames on high or on a mixture of settings.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Question for people who finished this game, where
should i find The report on copycat killer in Harvester mission. I can only prove that victim husband is innocent

Tovarisc

Again, he also have old drivers and didnt even update for the game ready drivers for DE:MD which probably plays a part in that, especially if the drivers add SLI support for the game.

But then again if a developer allows you to go ULTRA and it kills even the trip 1080 setup, is that just bad optimization if it looks gorgeous or is it on you for trying to run it in the first place.

Perhaps a bit of both?

None the less the game looks amazing, but I wont take 1 guy streaming with old drivers and call the game shitty optimized and yell at the port. I'll try it for myself with the drivers, try SLI and see whats up.

He HAS latest drivers that NV has released and SLI does not work. itmeJP reported same thing.

That's the old Titan X, which was outclassed a while ago. Plus without any proper SLI support so it's just one old Titan X. I'd say he is doing very well getting 50-60.

Also last I checked he is running 8x MSAA @ 1440p.

nOoblet16

That's the old Titan X, which was outclassed a while ago. Plus without any proper SLI support so it's just one old Titan X. I'd say he is doing very well getting 50-60.

[HP]

I know LIKIK has to appeal to his audience which is basically 13 year olds, but man a juvenile dude playing a serious game like this just doesn't match as well as i initially though tit might.

Tecnniqe

Banned
He HAS latest drivers that NV has released and SLI does not work. itmeJP reported same thing.

Really? I'm sure i heard him say he didn't have them at the start of the stream.

Is it running bad for JP as well at ultra? 50-60? or just SLI not working?

Edit: I went back and re-listened, I am indeed wrong and he is using the game ready drivers. My bad.

Yoshi88

Question for people who finished this game, where
should i find The report on copycat killer in Harvester mission. I can only prove that victim husband is innocent

Did you try to activate the optional goal as a map marker. I don't remember where his office was, but it shouldn't be hard to find as soon as you got the optional goal. I think somewhere in the basement of the little police department? o_O Just try to follow the map marker :D

Top Bottom