• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Tovarisc

Oh, HELL, and I put together the mid-credit cutscene, as well.

I love how they're doing these, it REALLY makes the world fit together with the original game.

Take
mid-credit scene and combine with mystery-aug storyline. Opens some very interesting thread possibilities, heavy shit.

are there any weapons that shoot through walls?
On that point, I couldn't believe that the game didn't have any genuine
heavy weapons. Especially a plasma gun... A Deus Ex without a plasma gun.... -_-

Anyhow, no energy (laser) rifle this time around. No plasma gun, no rocket launcher, not even a heavy machine gun. The cool grenade launcher for the DXHR DLC returns at least, and the game has more rifles than DXHR though so that's a plus. But.... really should have been a plasma gun :O

So I'm on Mission 12
Breaking into the Palisade bank, I've done all that, but now I'm trying to rob the corporate vaults in B. I've managed to access the vaults themselves by opening the doors to the vault prompting their release. But I can see like vault A at the back of the room there is another room with terminal, safe and buttom to raise the vaults. Anyone know how to get in there? I also found a secret room in the area where you steal the Picus info and replicate the security ID after doing a puzzle. Is that
'Secret" vault everyone is talking about that's hiding flight info? I didn't see anything about a flight there.

Moff

So I'm on Mission 12
Breaking into the Palisade bank, I've done all that, but now I'm trying to rob the corporate vaults in B. I've managed to access the vaults themselves by opening the doors to the vault prompting their release. But I can see like vault A at the back of the room there is another room with terminal, safe and buttom to raise the vaults. Anyone know how to get in there?

hacking the server rooms and then use a ventilation shaft, and the button is only for opening that room, to raise the vaults you need to open the main door of the vaults. and that you can only do with either the keycoard or from a pc in the security room outside next to the door of the vaults

hacking the server rooms and then use a ventilation shaft, and the button is only for opening that room, to raise the vaults you need to open the main door of the vaults. and that you can only do with either the keycoard or from a pc in the security room outside next to the door of the vaults

Where is the button, I've checked everything in the security room. like I said I've already read the email that told me the vault doors needed to be open and did that. But the ventilation shaft doesn't lead to that room like it did in A.

Moff

Where is the button, I've checked everything in the security room. like I said I've already read the email that told me the vault doors needed to be open and did that. But the ventilation shaft doesn't lead to that room like it did in A. Where is the button?

there is no button, it's from a security pc

The code he asks for is lying somewhere around in one of the offices, don't remember which. But you don't need that to be able to finish the mission, the bank has multiple paths leading up to any given area, the main room you need to get to has 3 entry points in itself, each of which are connected to other paths that have their own branching paths.

I'd just say explore the bank, it's one of the best areas in the game. Although exploring it too much makes on of the optional missions later on itmn the game quite easy hah.

Figured out one path. So now I need to find this storage locker? This place is a maze.

Moff

That only opens the vault doors themselves. I'm talking about the room in the back of the vault itself.

and that didn't raise the vaults? strange

as I wrote, to get in the back room, you need to take a ventilation shaft from one of the server rooms, which you can hack

but I thought the button in the back room only opens the door of the back room

and that didn't raise the vaults? strange

as I wrote, to get in the back room, you need to take a ventilation shaft from one of the server rooms, which you can hack

but I thought the button in the back room only opens the door of the back room

No I've already robbed the vaults, I just want to get in that room lol.

I can't find the ventilation shaft that leads there though.

chrixter

So I'm on Mission 12
Breaking into the Palisade bank, I've done all that, but now I'm trying to rob the corporate vaults in B. I've managed to access the vaults themselves by opening the doors to the vault prompting their release. But I can see like vault A at the back of the room there is another room with terminal, safe and buttom to raise the vaults. Anyone know how to get in there? I also found a secret room in the area where you steal the Picus info and replicate the security ID after doing a puzzle. Is that
'Secret" vault everyone is talking about that's hiding flight info? I didn't see anything about a flight there.
If you mean the executive vaults, both A and B have a secret room that can be accessed by finding a brick along the wall that serves as a secret button. Took me a while to figure it out, too.

Moff

No I've already robbed the vaults, I just want to get in that room lol.

I can't find the ventilation shaft that leads there though.

ooh, ok. you wrote that you thought the button in the back room raised the vaults, so I thought you were looking for that.

well there are 2 server rooms, there is a hatch in one of them.

and to answer your edited question in your original post,
yes the flight info is in the puzzle room in a safe in the wall. you need to find that for the hackers sidequest.

Another trick jump into a vent.

Into 202, who needs augs.

You use props to get to areas that should be inaccessible without the proper mods/augs. I like your style. Using props to boost myself up to areas or prop surfing in Garry's Mod is one of my favorite things to do when playing a game mode like Hide and Seek.

MD is so different for me play style wise when compared to how I played Human Revolution. In HR, I maybe killed 5% of the NPC's I came across and knocked out the other 95%. In MD, I have mood swings. I will either knock out all the hostiles in an area, or I will just straight up shotgun their pretty, pixelploygon packed, porky lil faces with the full intention of mega murdering them without delay.

This changed when I hit
Ruzicka Station.
At first, I was dead set on not killing a single soul...and then I ran into
SUPREME MECHA SUIT BITCH.
I tried 4 times to just avoid her as I didn't want to waste the ammo, but I am just terrible at stealth, so I keeled her with several AP sniper rifle shots to the head.

I really am enjoying this game more than I ever did HR. The third Jensen Deus EX can't come out soon enough.

Xumbrega

Banned
About the side-mission Samizdat..

any tips on how to invade the bank? I am trying to hack but the guards always see me.

any tips on how to invade the bank? I am trying to hack but the guards always see me.
Which terminal? ....If you're pressed for LOS alert time, try a multi-tool... You'll probably end the game with some spares anyhow so it's OK to use them in a pinch.

Even with a full stealth/hacking build, there were a few computers were I would pull up invisibility camo and just use a multi-tool just because it was too hard to stay out of LOS otherwise.

Have you been using the ventilation shafts? You can't hack door terminals in the lobby, obviously. The cloaking aug also helps when you need to walk through laser grids.

Hazmat

I think I got started by a vent that was hidden behind something, maybe a heavy thing. I think you can also throw on the invisibility aug and walk through the lasers.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
How do you holster your weapon? (PS4)

Can't seem to figure it out.

Edit: Nevermind. Via the weapon wheel. I kept looking in the controls section.

Finally got some time with the game.

Don't know how I feel about the controls. Maybe it was because I was half asleep. They feel...clunky.

And the damn tranq rifle doesn't auto reload? Holy crap, how many times have I lined up the perfect headshot to only see nothing being fired lol.

Moff

hacking with multitools is always undetected by guards
apart from that, there should be tons of vents around

Akai__

Question about 2 Side Missions:

Marker is showing both of these on a roof, but I can't seem to find a way up there. How do I reach those?

Grisby

Motoko Kusanagi : That's not fair.
9VJkBm.png

Major don't care.

kris.

Banned
so on the off chance that my NMS refund goes through, i might get this. if i wasn't able to get into HR super well, would i enjoy this any more?

I like MD but its basically an expansion pack so far. Looks great, doesnt have the sweet soundtrack from the first game. And the world isnt as convincing to me as it was in the first game.

So which HUD elements should I turn off?

I'm thinking:

- cover to cover line
- objective locators
- pickup outline

Any others?
I play basically HUD less but cover-to-cover aiming and cover input pop-up are two that i leave on...

I turned those off in DXHR where cover was often very... grid-like... it always lined up. but in DXMD, there is so much cover angled differently that it would be near impossible to effectively switch cover without the aiming lines... there can multiple pieces of cover close to one another, or 2 different sides of the same box, and by 'eyeballing' it you could end up switch to the wrong side of a box or something.

otherwise, i turn off everything except for the Energy and HP bars, which I have scaled down to just 5% of original size and set to Fade...

I considered hiding them too but since you cannot truly go HUDl-ess because you cannot hide the stance indicator (stand or crouch)... which is annoying... i decided to leave those on.

but otherwise, most of the HUD is off for me... all highlights (use Smart Vision). aiming reticle (just use laser sight or eyeball it). no mini-map. etc. ends up looking like this: https://youtu.be/qB3f2RBXptQ?t=478 (just the start of mission 1)

i also purposefully don't use the Marking aug (a la DXHR or MGS V) so that I don't get triangles everywhere, and I also hate how Smart Hacking puts that annoying pop-up in front of every single TV, car, etc. So even tho it's a super useful aug I decided not to use it :( the pop-up is too annoying.

malfcn

Where was it? I'm stuck on that too lol :(

It is a panel right in front of the laptop, a picture slides up.
If you watch the top of the screen when you open it from the laptop, you can just barely see it move.

Don't know how to got in the spoiler thread, removing posts and moving back to here:

Just got into another room by shoving a box into the vent to make a jump. This is great.
I should splice some clips together.
Okay, Reload. Don't think I'm supposed to be here yet. I'm breaking the game. ��

---

Two tips.

1. Move and toss anything you can around. You never know what might be hidden.

2. This one is credited to me wife, "wtf, why are the cabinets so high, to look at the crown molding?" - climbed up and a praxis kit was in a box. Basically, climb on top of anything. Found a triangle doing something similar near the metro.

---

Gamehub days I've played 14 hours.

On Mission 4.
Have SM01 complete, with 00, 02, 03, 04 pending.

I'm sick.
Explorer disease.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Uhhh okay. I've crashed three times trying to go through the subway to the area with Adam's apartment for SM14. This is annoying...

Should I finish Human Revolution before starting this? Got it on Xbox360 a while ago.
Well, on one hand it may not matter all that much because in terms of objective quality, maybe DXMD story doesn't capitalize on DXHR (or even DXMD lol) as well as it should. That said, what attachment or emotion you may have for some of the themes or 'events' that are important to DXMD are likely going to be attached during DXHR.

It's odd because DXMD essentially abandons the characters of DXHR, but the 'emotion' you feel toward DXHR's climax is ironically paramount to whether or not you 'believe' the world of DXMD.

So in theory DXHR should be required viewing but in practice it sadly may not matter for everyone because its quality is not reliable (it'll vary per person). Which is to say it's still good but it'll depend more on the isolated DXMD experience probably.

Top Bottom