• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC performance thread

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Can I achieve 60fps/1080p without dips? I'm using a GTX 970 / 3570k @ 4.3GHz / 16GB DDR3 2133MHz / SSD. The game is really cheap now but I heard some stories it doesn't run well but I'm not sure if it was ever fixed. Performance issues bug the shit out of me so if it's wonky please say so and I'll look at a different game to play next.

Renekton

Can I achieve 60fps/1080p without dips? I'm using a GTX 970 / 3570k @ 4.3GHz / 16GB DDR3 2133MHz / SSD. The game is really cheap now but I heard some stories it doesn't run well but I'm not sure if it was ever fixed. Performance issues bug the shit out of me so if it's wonky please say so and I'll look at a different game to play next.
There will be dips in random occasions which are tolerable, but honestly zero dips is quite a big ask.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
There will be dips in random occasions which are tolerable, but honestly zero dips is quite a big ask.

I'm not talking about a split second drop due to asset loading or whatever, but I mean persistent areas or situations that would drop me under 60fps, that sort of thing I can't stand as I'm very sensitive to dips. And I'm happy to tweak the settings to achieve my desired level of performance, I put performance over visuals any day so knocking some settings down to medium isn't an issue for me, it's just some games are so poorly optimised that you can't hit 1080p/60fps regardless of what you do.

Renekton

I'm not talking about a split second drop due to asset loading or whatever, but I mean persistent areas or situations that would drop me under 60fps, that sort of thing I can't stand as I'm very sensitive to dips. And I'm happy to tweak the settings to achieve my desired level of performance, I put performance over visuals any day so knocking some settings down to medium isn't an issue for me, it's just some games are so poorly optimised that you can't hit 1080p/60fps regardless of what you do.
Yeah cannot promise no dips, the game was vastly improved by v1.11 but this is the typical in-house engine which runs fine most of the time but janks it up every now and then.

xandaca

Posted this in the community thread and never got a response so will try again here. I'm probably 30+ hours into the game and still haven't been able to resolve the issue (I'm mostly just not using guns as far as possible). Any help appreciated.

I want to move the iron sights to Q rather than RMB, but every time I do, it disables my ability to fire while looking down sights (same for any other button I try and change it to). Firing works fine when not aiming down sights. Anyone had this issue and/or can suggest how to resolve it? I'm playing on my laptop and haven't got my mouse with me, so it's less than convenient having to use the touchpad buttons for aiming and firing.

For clarity: when down-sights is set to its default RMB, everything works fine. It's just not convenient or my preference having it there.

BadAss2961

Mankind Divided has a couple sandstorm levels that are terribly optimized and will underperform compared to the rest of the game. The game starts with one of these levels, so if you buy it, don't panic.

No idea how the game will perform in general with your setup though.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Mankind Divided has a couple sandstorm levels that are terribly optimized and will underperform compared to the rest of the game. The game starts with one of these levels, so if you buy it, don't panic.

No idea how the game will perform in general with your setup though.

So basically tweak my settings on that first sand level until I hit 60fps and I should be OK throughout the game. I think it's worth a gamble, it's only £10 now.

EDIT: Bought it, it's downloading now. I'll post my results later, fuck me it's a huge download.

robgrab

Bought this game a few months back and started playing but the performance was awful, even with everything turned way down, so I uninstalled it. I reinstalled it last night and was amazed that I was able to crank everything up to Ultra quality at 3440x1440 and still hit ~100fps (to be fair I added a second GTX 1080 for SLI).

I'm playing it on an Acer Predator X34 G-sync monitor but I still occasionally get microstuttering. Is there any "cure"for the microstuttering?

Also, my Xbox One Elite controller stopped inverting the Y axis no matter how many times I change it in the menu. It's odd because it worked fine yesterday. Any workaround for this?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also, my Xbox One Elite controller stopped inverting the Y axis no matter how many times I change it in the menu. It's odd because it worked fine yesterday. Any workaround for this?

Could be a driver issue. Microsoft's track record of properly testing controller driver updates isn't exactly stellar.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
From the benchmark on high preset at 1080p with AF increased to 16x and tesselation enabled:

Min: 43
Average: 54
Max: 60

Usually this would mean it's time to turn down settings but it seems the benchmark is more taxing than the game itself which is running pretty great, although not perfectly. Using the Typhoon augment drops me to 50 every time and I'm getting the odd bit of jittering where the frame rate is 60 but it's not fully smooth, it's not happening too often though. I just finished the first area which you guys said was taxing and I'm happy with performance thus far, it's 60 rock solid almost always.

Edit: Dropping into the high 40s during your
train station walk
, time to start lowering settings I guess, I'll start with tesselation as it's off by default on high preset.

Edit2: Just had my first freeze, using quick inventory then main menu has caused the game to freeze but not fully, I can't do anything other then menu items so I'll load I guess :/

pa22word

Given your CPU I'm going to say no due to the last level of the game which is highly CPU bound in places and seems to love 8 core CPUs a lot more than 4 core ones.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
After playing for a few hours I'm playing mostly on the high preset, with AF increased to 16x and my frame rate is solid, I've disabled VSync and capped to 70fps with RT and that has given me the best results, no more jittering and only very minor tearing, I hit this cap 99% of the time.

I have crashed a few times though, just now for example while doing the Firing Range, a quick Google search shows I'm not alone with this area causing problems, you'd think by now it would be fixed, that's usually one of the benefits of being a patient gamer.

Edit: Running through the city gets choppy, it's like asset load hitching. Normal gameplay is still solid.

Edit: 10 hours in and general gameplay is great but Prague runs like ass, the frame rate will plummet to 30ish for a couple of seconds then shoot back up, it's definitely a loading issue. SSD + 16GB RAM should be enough not to deal with shit like this.

KainXVIII

Same config (only @ 4.2GHz and 8gb ram), but man, this game super demanding (even if does not look THAT good)
Like in first tutorial level, when no one around in tiny room i get framedrops from 60 fps, this is without MSAA and contact hard. shadows of course, SSR and volumetric light. also not on ultra. Lowering shadows resolution helps a little, but i heard that other levels even more demanding.. 😞

Pagusas

Elden Member
Same config (only @ 4.2GHz and 8gb ram), but man, this game super demanding (even if does not look THAT good)
Like in first tutorial level, when no one around in tiny room i get framedrops from 60 fps, this is without MSAA and contact hard. shadows of course, SSR and volumetric light. also not on ultra. Lowering shadows resolution helps a little, but i heard that other levels even more demanding.. 😞

Going from a similar configurable as yours to now on a 6700k@4.5, 32gb ram and a 1080ti made the game silly smooth. It just takes some hardware omph.

KainXVIII

Going from a similar configurable as yours to now on a 6700k@4.5, 32gb ram and a 1080ti made the game silly smooth. It just takes some hardware omph.

Sadly, i cannot afford that monster rig of yours, so dealing with poor optimized games is a big pain 😜

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did anyone find out if there is significant difference between 8gb and 16 gb RAM for this game?

It doesn't really need more than ~6GB of RAM to itself:

de_ram2.png

Azzanadra

It doesn't really need more than ~6GB of RAM to itself:

de_ram2.png

Interesting, strange why they even had that 16GB requirement... anyways I've been itching for a new playthrough, and it looks like one year later they still didn't fix the game.

Also, when did RAM get so crazy expensive? My set of 4x2 8 GB mempory (which I was planning on buying again if this game did benefit from 16) was $60 when I bought it last year, and not its $130.

Bizzquik

Just want to say that all my problems with jankiness/framiness went away when I dropped 980ti SLI and switched to a single 1080ti
SLI: never again

The above post is four months old, but probably still holds true for this year-old game.

Should I expect near-capped 1080p/60fps out of 980ti SLI...?
i7-6700K, 32gb ram

...The frequent comments about bad optimization have really kept me away from one of my most-anticipated 2016 titles.

Top Bottom