• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: The Fall coming to PC [Confirmed]

Jawmuncher

GOOD.
I grabbed it when it was 99 cents on ipad and what I have played thus far turned into "I wish I was playing this on PC or a console". So glad that is becoming a reality especially since the Microtransactions stuff will be cut out. Game just doesn't feel right on the ipad especially with as hard as they tried to do a decent control scheme.

Sparse

Heh, I was looking to buy this yesterday. For those that have played it: is it possible to stealth the whole game while being a pacifist?

More Deus Ex is always nice. Good thing I skipped out on the iPad version. Almost bought it too but the bug reports stopped me from purchasing it.

Great, hopefully it will have been worth the wait.

I wonder how much they've polished up the visuals, the blog made it seem like it's only getting a resolution upgrade.

Will buy again, even though I am rather good with touch controls this game is too much of a beast to play well without a controller, but I enjoyed what I have seen so far.

LeleSocho

Banned
have they fixed the animation a little bit? they were really rough from what i remember.
Also how much time will last this game? A couple of hours?

Dennis

Banned
591022bd681271c5eab28b00c7c9e09b.png

f330e08e4bd8ee18b1ab96bae3cc8c47.png

15ec0e6b3379ad61bca6752d3906613c.png

Holy shit, that is the most yellow game ever.

BiggNife

Steam page is live:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/258180/

• Full Mouse & Keyboard control scheme
  • Microsoft Controller support
  • 28 Steam achievements
  • Steam Trading Cards and Badges
  • Adjusted Artificial Intelligence
  • Revised game tutorial
  • Removal of auto-target options
  • Revised aiming reticule
  • Removal of in-game purchase options, with rebalanced game economy
  • Revised cover options - now matches Deus Ex: Human Revolution (HOLD or Toggle)
  • Resolution, Anti-Aliaising and Vertical Sync options

Region Restriction Watch

Yeah, this game is region restricted. Specifically, it's flat out unavailable in Japan (because Square Enix hates yen, although it appears that Steam keys will work) and there's a version that is available in and can only be activated in Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine and India, presumably because it's noticeably cheaper. (And no, the latter version can not be traded to folk outside the listed countries).

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Have they sorted out the problems in the PC version of Deus Ex: Director's Cut? I really want to play it in time for The Fall, but I've held back due to the numerous bugs reported in the Steam Community forum.

I'd like to know this as well. The frame rate was a nightmare at launch (I got a solid 60fps throughout the game pre-directors cut, was getting 15-20 fps in DC), and I haven't heard it's been fixed.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Great! A Vita or WiiU version would be even better, but PC will do perfectly (why do I enjoy dead consoles so much...)

RedSwirl

That's no excuse, it's coming to PC now and even the UI has low-res assets.
I guess lazy mobile ports are a new thing, Ace Patrol had the same problem.

You can't really expect them to go back and re-do all the character models and art assets though. They'd probably end up charging $30 if they had to do that.

finley83

Banned
I'd like to know this as well. The frame rate was a nightmare at launch (I got a solid 60fps throughout the game pre-directors cut, was getting 15-20 fps in DC), and I haven't heard it's been fixed.
Yeah, it's pretty amazing how they managed to fix the original game after about a year, and then release another version with even more problems.

Won't be touching this until they fix the DC, the lack of communication about that game is awful.

Top Bottom