• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex Universe Hair Rendering Slides/Images

Ryoku

untitled-1h8uv9.png

Fixed.

I could do with the same kind of level design, so long as the animations and voice acting aren't a complete joke this time.

I went back and played the Director's Cut a couple of weeks ago and wow, everyone's flailing their arms around while talking, it's like their animators had no idea how real people talk (or move for that matter, they're like robots). And a lot of the voice acting is atrocious, especially Sarif.

Shredderi

I would be down with Jensen returning. Hopefully they'll ditch the occasional third person cameras. I didn't like it when I did a stealth takedown etc. and it went to a third person angle.

I could do with the same kind of level design, so long as the animations and voice acting aren't a complete joke this time.

I went back and played the Director's Cut a couple of weeks ago and wow, everyone's flailing their arms around while talking, it's like their animators had no idea how real people talk (or move for that matter, they're like robots). And a lot of the voice acting is atrocious, especially Sarif.

Wha? His voice was good. I didn't think the voice acting was bad in the game at all really, but the animations could definitely use some work.

Aegus

I like Jensen, but hope he doesn't return. His story has been told and there's not much left to do with the character other than retread character steps from the first (Jensen game, not DE game)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The main theme song is fucking awesome :D I hope they have a remix for the sequel. The game itself was also very good

Thank you for this, I was about to start installing extra programs to try to view this one thing...

I hope that Jensen is in the game
as an NPC

Actual spoilers follow:
Only way to make the multi-choice ending canon is to have Jensen be an optional NPC who returns in every ending but the sacrificial one. I'm sure many people wouldn't be happy with this outcome, but I think it would make the most sense to keep with Deus Ex tradition. I'd still like to play as ole AJ, but I think they can do more by having him be a central NPC, with his presence or loss felt by all the other characters. Like Paul in Deus Ex 1, the choice of keeping Jensen alive should affect the second game in this "prequel series" greatly, even more so than with Paul actually.

I'm ambivalent at any chance of Jensen returning. Human Revolution more and less tied up all the loose strings revolving his backstory and motivations. I would rather they just jumped ahead to a time between the events of Human Revolution to the first Deus Ex game. Maybe have another character altogether who has no real ties to Jensen or the
Dentons
?

Also, mechanical augmentation was way cooler than nanomachines so I hope we get more of the former as well.

Dizzy-4U

Ahhh screw it, it's been a couple of years since I last played HR and I haven't even touched the DC version. Let's do this.

Jensen is the most marketable thing about the first game, even had some memes and popular internet vids about him. The pub will probably want him to come back even if the studio doesn't. I am happy to have him back either as protagonist or NPC.

They should just pick one ending as canon and roll with it, the Deus Ex: IW method of "they are all cannon! And also none of them are!" was atrocious.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Will the pilot girl be in it? I liked her a lot. I tried to romance her but...no such luck

Jensen is the most marketable thing about the first game, even had some memes and popular internet vids about him. The pub will probably want him to come back even if the studio doesn't. I am happy to have him back either as protagonist or NPC.

They should just pick one ending as canon and roll with it, the Deus Ex: IW method of "they are all cannon! And also none of them are!" was atrocious.

I want the Sarif pro ending to be canon

If that's what you consider good then I don't want to know what you consider bad. He was terrible.

His voice fit him perfectly imo. Kind of a unique take on the character as I'd expect there to be less of a "slur" in his voice, but I thought it ended up working very well. Definitely fit his whining lol

cyborg009

Banned

Or do what I:SS did.

I still marvel at how differently things could have gone for that game public perception wise if it wasn't for that pirated leak of the Detroit build making almost everyone do a 180 in terms of expectations.

This thread makes me want to play through the Director's Cut of Human Revolution. I wonder what cities will be featured in Universe?

That's his real voice though. You make fun of someone with cerebral palsy for the way they walk, wouldn't you.

Wait, I was talking about Sarif. I know that's the case with Adam.

In his defense, bad voice acting/work is bad regardless of whether or not it's the person's real voice.

With Adam, I can see why people wouldn't like his extra scratch/grundgy voice, but I thought it worked well for him.

I am happy to have him back either as protagonist or NPC.

I should elaborate on my stance regarding Jensen in the new game, and keeping every as a potential canon without screwing up like IW.
Spoilers follow obviously (this originally was an edit of my earlier post, so consider it as continuing from here):
Only way to make the multi-choice ending canon is to have Jensen be an optional NPC who returns in every ending but the sacrificial one. I'm sure many people wouldn't be happy with this outcome, but I think it would make the most sense to keep with Deus Ex tradition. I'd still like to play as ole AJ, but I think they can do more by having him be a central NPC, with his presence or loss felt by all the other characters. Like Paul in Deus Ex 1, the choice of keeping Jensen alive should affect the second game in this "prequel series" greatly, even more so than with Paul actually.

Continuing:
The affect he has on this new game's story should actually be bigger than with Paul, with two greatly divergent paths based on his survival or death.
In one timeline he could act as an ally or enemy depending on the choices of the player in the new game (what "path" they choose for the new character) conflicting with the player's choice in the previous game's ending (AJ's "chosen stance on aumentation"). Imagine a "pro control choice" Adam deciding to work against the new character when the player chooses a "pro augmentation" stance, this of course would work best with many different combinations.
In the other timeline, the loss of him as an essential player in the events of the game would free the player to make any choice without the possibility of acquiring a "rival", but it could have negative effects, such as a generally more unstable game world. I'd imagine Jensen's connections to Janus would allow him to have sweeping affects on the world at large in this new game, and without him, I'd guess their might be more social unrest/riots etc. Despite the stance the player takes at the end of HR, I believe Eidos never intends or intended to make Jensen or his "path/ideals" "evil, so I'd bet his influence would always be a "good" one for the cities/hubs you visit if he survived, whether he ends up being the new character's "ally" or "enemy".

Also interested in that old rumor of the main character being an Illuminati assassin, so opening up the main character slot would probably be for the best in my opinion.

I think that my proposed idea would be the best way to keep every ending the player chose in the last game canon, without sacrificing Adam's characterization (
like IW did for JC, eugh
) or boiling every ending choice down into some stupid "ending soup" where everything and nothing from all the choices happened in the worst ay possible (
again, like IW
).

I also am looking forward to more mechanical augmentations, although I hope there are more "active" augmentations this time, like those in Deus Ex 1. Maybe we can finally see a working "spider hand drone" in this one. I also hope the game has some minor experimental nano augments based on
Megan's research
that you can find in some secret bases or something. Maybe even with some cool speculative technology talks/explanations from
Megan
included with each, mirroring the great background information provided by Hugh Darrow's speeches scattered throughout HR.

Top Bottom