• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex Universe Hair Rendering Slides/Images

Deadbeat

Banned
Jensen is the most marketable thing about the first game, even had some memes and popular internet vids about him. The pub will probably want him to come back even if the studio doesn't. I am happy to have him back either as protagonist or NPC.

They should just pick one ending as canon and roll with it, the Deus Ex: IW method of "they are all cannon! And also none of them are!" was atrocious.
The best ending would be the suicide one but he escaped. Clean slate and all.

Honestly the game wasnt finished. The ending needed to be redone.

L1NETT

I seriously doubt this

The concept behind Deus Ex: Universe is to create an ongoing, expanding and connected game world built across a generation of core games. It’s a commitment on our part to deliver meaningful content that expands the franchise on a regular basis and to deliver a deep conspiracy that will span several connected Deus Ex games

Deus Ex: Universe will include PC and console games, but also additional Deus Ex games and experiences available in other media such as tablets, smartphones, books, graphic novels, etc... You might have seen the name pop up recently in the press – well this is what it’s all about.

I’m pleased to confirm that we are already into production of the starting point for Deus Ex: Universe with a new game for PC and next-generation consoles

from EM themselves. http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/future-vision-for-deus-ex?theme=deusex link in case you doubt me as well

Deus Ex and Sleeping Dogs need to give us more Wei Shen and Adam Jensen... More Lynch from Kane & Lynch, too.

It's odd that I associate over the last ten years with Square Enix, more than black mages and chocobos in Ivalice... I've instead associated it with high-tech, low-life crime in China...

Parham

Banned
I hope this doesn't mean that Adam Jensen will return in Deus Ex 4.

I was at the talk. They explicitly said that none of the characters used in the presentation would necessarily be in the next Deus Ex. This was just their way of showing off the tech without revealing anything about the actual game.

where is our industry inzider who can confirm that a sequel to human revolution is happening

its been almost four fuckin years already

Me too. He was an awesome hero.

deus_ex_human_revolut5uuno.gif
Man, I really hope this new Dawn engine is capable of more destructible environments. Battlefield/Red Faction levels are not necessary, but more freedom would be nice. Not really just thinking of the "wall punch" but also being able to blow holes in walls anywhere with rocket launchers and other explosives. Would make them more worth carrying around. Maybe a counter-balance if all explosives could blow holes in most places (instead of pre-determined locations), the "wall punch" somehow was relatively silent, and hopefully also could have a non lethal option. Hated killing people with it, so I didn't use it in most playthroughs.
I still marvel at how differently things could have gone for that game public perception wise if it wasn't for that pirated leak of the Detroit build making almost everyone do a 180 in terms of expectations.
Yeah I remember that. It definitely built hype, even if in retrospect the fact it was such a large portion of the game is disappointing. Who would have thought that the final game would only have one other hub? Let's hope there are more coming. In this case, they don't need to increase the complexity of the hubs. Given the option of two hubs with 100% higher complexity in each and 4 hubs with the same complexity as those in HR, I'd probably still choose quantity over improved quality. Two hubs was just sad.
I seriously doubt this

Believe it. As weird as the term is, they've gone on record saying that "Universe is not an MMO". It doesn't mean there won't be an MMO eventually (really hope not), but it would be pretty brash to outright lie.

http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blog/ said:
"The concept behind Deus Ex: Universe is to create an ongoing, expanding and connected game world built across a generation of core games. It’s a commitment on our part to deliver meaningful content that expands the franchise on a regular basis and to deliver a deep conspiracy that will span several connected Deus Ex games, creating a more immersive and richer experience than ever before."

"I’m pleased to confirm that we are already into production of the starting point for Deus Ex: Universe with a new game for PC and next-generation consoles."

"Some of you have had concerns that “Universe” meant “MMO”. Rest assured, it does not."

*fake edit:
Beaten like an Illuminati agent after an encounter with Adam Jensen.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You guys who are expecting the new Deus Ex to have the effects of Human Revolution are way too optimistic. I'm inclined to believe that they'll have connection between games with this Universe.

I might be biased, because I want Jensen as the main character, with the tease at the end of the Missing Link suggesting he has a big role in what's going to happen after the ending of Human Revolution. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

If there is any justice in this world, these two need to be together in DEHR sequel.
deus-ex-human-revolutio-523c04d869126.jpg

Fuck yeah. The chemistry between them is amazing. It's a shame that Far Cry 3 didn't have Elias original VO.

Won't have to wait that long.

God damn. I feel like it's going to happen any second now. HYPE.

image.php

*pours one out*

I think he didn't like the game all that much. He said he didn't have the avatar because he liked the game, after all.

GavinUK86

people still don't understand the "universe" thing? the next game isn't called deus ex universe, that's a collective name they're using for all future deus ex products whether it's games, comics, novels, whatever.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'd be okay with it if the Deus Ex HR team worked on it, and not the people that worked on Absolution and "Thi4f".

I hope that those guys are still at Eidos Montreal.

low-G

I'm glad that video game characters can finally have hair. Nice to see so much hair already appearing in current games, too. Truly we have reached the next generation of gaming.

His voice fit him perfectly imo. Kind of a unique take on the character as I'd expect there to be less of a "slur" in his voice, but I thought it ended up working very well. Definitely fit his whining lol

Nothing to do with his voice, it was his acting I had an issue with. Sometimes his lines would be incredibly flat, other times they were incredibly over-acted. I was shocked at how bad he was when I went back and played it recently. And it might not even be his fault, a poor VA director can often lead to similar results, just look at Squaresoft's early attempts on the PS2.

That's his real voice though. You make fun of someone with cerebral palsy for the way they walk, wouldn't you.

What?

Dizzy-4U

Nothing to do with his voice, it was his acting I had an issue with. Sometimes his lines would be incredibly flat, other times they were incredibly over-acted. I was shocked at how bad he was when I went back and played it recently. And it might not even be his fault, a poor VA director can often lead to similar results, just look at Squaresoft's early attempts on the PS2.
He actually acknowledged his uneven performance. He said that it took them 4 years to record everything because they kept adding new content and he had to come back from other jobs to record new lines.

As you said, I don't think it was his fault but the VA director who coudln't keep the acting consistent. I'ts all in the "Jensen plays Deus Ex" videos posted here. Give it a shot, it's a good listen.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
YES!!!

Also, still bums me out about how Alex T. said he couldn't get work in other places sometimes because his Jensen voice has become a bit too recognizable :/

I'm glad that Contrast got him in a good role. Really good acting from him there.

He actually acknowledged his uneven performance. He said that it took them 4 years to record everything because they kept adding new content and he had to come back from other jobs to record new lines.

As you said, I don't think it was his fault but the VA director who coudln't keep the acting consistent. I'ts all in the "Jensen plays Deus Ex" videos posted here. Give it a shot, it's a good listen.

Really? I gotta watch those videos again. I hope now that they're more organized (I hope) his performance is better.

Also, lmao, I was surprised to hear his actual voice. He's Jensen in real life hahaha, not to mention his wife is Jensen's GF.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cool. Hopefully Jensen returns. I mean, he was far from the deepest character, but something about the monotone nothingness had charm, if just a homage to Denton.

Bizzquik

I still can't believe we finally got a dark, husky-voiced, emotionally-scarred, angry anti-hero....that actually worked really well in his fictional world. ...That never happens in gaming. And rarely in film or novels, for that matter.

But the actor was note-perfect and the character's relationship with Pritchard was full of realistic nuance. I want them both back.

Ezalc

Deus Ex HR was my first Deus Ex game, just finished it like two weeks ago and had a great time. I didn't know how to save Malik when I got to that part and the game autosaved so I couldn't go back to get her. I made it my mission to kill everybody from that point on. Malik fell, so does everybody else.

Had a great time, and I like Jensen's dry wit but I do wish they had him be more emotive at times.

Give more options for stealth please, also continue working on better boss fights.

Wallach

I need this game in my life.

Hopefully both Jensen and Sarif come back, VAs included. So long as the VA for Sarif hasn't totally gone off the deep end, anyway.

Edit - Francis too.

Top Bottom