• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 (NEW direct - feed screens up)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Surreal said:
This + AC. I wouldn't have to buy any games for a while. :lol

Advent Children? Armored Core? Ace Combat?

SNUG REVOL said:
Assasin's Creed

I don´t know, I´d think if that would ever happen, they´d focus on demos for games that are exclusive for their system. A MGS4 trailer preloaded on each HDD would be awesome.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
GeoramA said:
Please let there be a demo pre-loaded on PS3's HDD. Pretty, pretty please.

If this were to happen I would have to increase the reserve price of the ps3 on ebay for 2000.:D

Surreal

Logan Cano said:
I don´t know, I´d think if that would ever happen, they´d focus on demos for games that are exclusive for their system. A MGS4 trailer preloaded on each HDD would be awesome.

They stated that they'd put out a demo before the game came out. They didn't specify how or when. That was before the 360 announcement, so it's possible only 360 will get it.

Andy787

Banned
DCharlie said:
wtf is wrong with people? this game looks ****ing fantastic.
AND at 60fps.

*wibble* come to daddy

is the whole Bullshot thing starting to backfire badly? It seems like (mainly) the sony guys raised the expectations real high, and now the games that look legitimately good are being poo-poo'ed because they don't look unrealistically amazing.

(and i KNOW someone at this point is hovering over a MGS4 shot link - but you have to accept , not every game is going to look like that - it was the same on the PS2, it'll be the same on the PS3)
Totally agree. I was kind of mixed on the initial screens that GI posted, but the more I look at this, and now seeing the larger scans, I am so psyched. I looooove Capcom's next gen engine so much. After MGS4, all three of Capcom's offerings thus far are what I'm most impressed by. This and Lost Planet are now tied for my second most anticipated next gen titles, after MGS4.

Anyway, I cropped out the screens and resized them, C-. Here you go:

<3 Capcom.

Definitely not close to the TGS teaser in terms of model geometry, but those fire effects are insane. Here's hoping it's 60fps and not 30fps with motion blur.

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:
Sure it isn't a punch? Fighters sometime have a similar stance when they throw a punch. And given the position of the bug like thing its possible.

Heh maybe, after looking at both screens. Or maybe he's covering his face from the fire like someone said, that'd be really amazing.

Dante

Holy S*** those new scans are great!! I think that he's sheilding himself from the fire in that one pic. Can't wait to see some media from TGS.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This game looks like hot shit.

But, why do we need two Dante's? Sure, Dante can Devil Trigger, and this one uses "Devil Bringer" or w/e, but why the hell do we need ANOTHER character with two guns and a sword to fight with? The dude is Dante with a glowing arm. Meh. Come on now. =(

(Granted, I've only played DMC3, so I dunno the history of this character. But he's a copy of Dante. Unless he's Virgil in the end anyways, which makes it even lamer.)

Kintaro said:
This game looks like hot shit.

But, why do we need two Dante's? Sure, Dante can Devil Trigger, and this one uses "Devil Bringer" or w/e, but why the hell do we need ANOTHER character with two guns and a sword to fight with? The dude is Dante with a glowing arm. Meh. Come on now. =(

(Granted, I've only played DMC3, so I dunno the history of this character. But he's a copy of Dante. Unless he's Virgil in the end anyways, which makes it even lamer.)

Well, apparently this "Nero" character has something that "isn't possible on the PS2" so we'll see.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Andy787 said:
Totally agree. I was kind of mixed on the initial screens that GI posted, but the more I look at this, and now seeing the larger scans, I am so psyched. I looooove Capcom's next gen engine so much. After MGS4, all three of Capcom's offerings thus far are what I'm most impressed by. This and Lost Planet are now tied for my second most anticipated next gen titles, after MGS4.

Anyway, I cropped out the screens and resized them, C-. Here you go:

<3 Capcom.

Ni..Ninja Gaiden?

Aaron

I want to make a crack about it still being shit for keeping fixed camera angles, but I can't do it. Those are some amazing visuals. At 60FPS, this game is going to be stunning. Add some sense of weight to the attacks (you already did it in Dead Rising), and you've got a 100% win here Capcom.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I like the fact that Nero uses a revolver instead of the semi-automatics that Dante uses. I wonder if they`ll be stronger with a longer interval between shots.

mckmas8808 said:
I will ask one question.

ARE YOU PEOPLE STILL DISAPPOINTED IN NEXT-GEN??? :)
Seeing how 90% of the games that have been shown have been nothing but target renders or just plain look like shit, yes I am dissapointed. Still, this looks like hot shit and developers like Capcom are keeping my hopes alive that my expectations shall be met in time.

Look not as good as I imagined to be. Even on the same level with Dead Rising, which is worse...

And what's the point of introducing new character with the same appearence as the old one?

Raiden didn't look like Snake in MGS2.

thetrin

Systems_id said:
Seeing how 90% of the games that have been shown have been nothing but target renders or just plain look like shit, yes I am dissapointed. Still, this looks like hot shit and developers like Capcom are keeping my hopes alive that my expectations shall be met in time.

You actually believed those target renders were what next gen would look like? Target renders always seemed so outlandishly good, there was no way in hell it was going to be what next gen looks like.

Tokubetsu

Nervous Hamster said:
Look not as good as I imagined to be. Even on the same level with Dead Rising, which is worse...

And what's the point of introducing new character with the same appearence as the old one?

And look how many bitched about it. Atleast Capcom isn't fooling it's audience into thinking their gonna be playing as dante for atleast most of the game.

I think Dante may actually reach the TGS target from last year, his face and hair look good, and in this shot you can see that even the buttons on his jacket are detailed.
pic6.jpg

In this shot his trench coat looks like it could reach the target pic.
pic5.jpg

^v
devil-may-cry-4-20050917055152411.jpg

My idea of the best DMC game is like:

Customizable styles - Being able to select the types of styles the character can use all at once without having button conflicts it'd tell you which you can use and gray out the ones you can't use with the others.

Being able to select the weapons from the menu AND being able to switch between two on the fly as well. This would allow people to do combos with the two weapons and then switch to another two in the menu and continue their combo. It does slow things down but I have no idea how to do it better than that. Any ideas?

A city! Some place that isn't doors doors doors doors doors elevators etc. Just a big place where you can run wild and kill stuff with style.

Bigger weapon selection! Imagine having 10 types of weapons with different skills and ways to work with the other weapons together. This goes with the customizable styles. Like Martial Artist (knuckle type weapon) and Swordsman types. For example: Doing a simple combo and uppercutting the enemy, switching to Swordsman style (weapon equips with it? conflicting with my ideas here) and pulling off the combo, ending it with something big, perhaps something that gives an area attack on the enemies around you i.e. Izuna Drop.

Alright, the 1st original post - 1st page- is updated with sizable, linkable, scans. This is the best scans you'll get without having to move your screen 20 miles left and right to see it all.

thetrin

Tokubetsu said:
And look how many bitched about it.

Those people are insecure fools who fear change. Raiden was the best curve ball in gaming history. It made MGS2 that much more entertaining.

Tokubetsu

DMC3 was cool in my book but I'd also love to see more weapons. Maybe some more itemization too. like + fire dmg, - cold dmg etc or atleast have weapons give you certain attributes.

ourumov

Game looks awesome and so far that is my only reason to jump to the next-gen. Sure, it hasn't graphics that ultrawow me but I just like the way it looks and the gameplay seems to hint what I really love from the series.

SOLD

jett

D-Member
Tokubetsu said:
DMC3 was cool in my book but I'd also love to see more weapons. Maybe some more itemization too. like + fire dmg, - cold dmg etc or atleast have weapons give you certain attributes.

Well...Cerberus had ice properties and Agni & Rudra fire properties. Enemies suscpetible to either element go down faster with those weapons in DMC3. :p

jett said:
Well...Cerberus had ice properties and Agni & Rudra fire properties. Enemies suscpetible to either element go down faster with those weapons in DMC3. :p

That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure.

Tokubetsu

Well let me rephrase that then :lol. How about in a more obvious way?
I just used whatever weapon i felt the most comfortable with ( ebony & ivory + shotgun/Force Edge + Cerebrus)

J2 Cool

Nervous Hamster said:

Uh, Big Boss did. Obviously they had a relation, and it's apparent Nero and Dante do as well.

Sallokin

I've played 1 and 2, and I actually just bought part 3 (Special Edition) today. So yeah I'm sort of late to the party, but this looks shit hot!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
jett said:

Yep, and Beowuld (Light) outright rapes Hells.

MickeyKnox said:
I think Dante may actually reach the TGS target from last year, his face and hair look good, and in this shot you can see that even the buttons on his jacket are detailed
The problem with DMC4 graphics right now is that it seems that there are almost NO next gen effects in play. No specular, normal maps, HDR, dynamic lighting, etc all that's why there's the disparity between the TGS trailer and these screens. It may be a case of the game being very early and those kind of things haven't gone in and they're just showing the textures, or they might have decided it just didn't look right, which I can understand, so they changed things up. Anyway, the game look gorgeous, but it's the lack of next gen effects that's 'causing the difference and making us feel like a downgrade, I think. Anyway, I think at it's core it's pretty much on par (texture wise) with TGS, but as I said like 6 times (long winded :{ ) it's the lack of modern effects hurting it's look. Just my thoughts...

thetrin

Oldschoolgamer said:
Yep, and Beowuld (Light) outright rapes Hells.

Beowulf and Ifrit were always my favorite weapons in DMC. I can`t wait to see the gauntlet weapon in DMC4. :eek:~~~~

thetrin

Mefisutoferesu said:
The problem with DMC4 graphics right now is that it seems that there are almost NO next gen effects in play. No specular, normal maps, HDR, dynamic lighting, etc all that's why there's the disparity between the TGS trailer and these screens. It may be a case of the game being very early and those kind of things haven't gone in and they're just showing the textures, or they might have decided it just didn't look right, which I can understand, so they changed things up. Anyway, the game look gorgeous, but it's the lack of next gen effects that's 'causing the difference and making us feel like a downgrade, I think. Anyway, I think at it's core it's pretty much on par (texture wise) with TGS, but as I said like 6 times (long winded :{ ) it's the lack of modern effects hurting it's look.

I see nothing hurting about its look. DMC4 looks ****ing incredible. Period.

J2 Cool said:
Uh, Big Boss did. Obviously they had a relation, and it's apparent Nero and Dante do as well.

You got me here :)

Anyway, I hope DMC4 is good as DMC3 and nothing like DMC2 where we had also two characters.

Top Bottom